CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 1

Situational Awareness

Post by lildave40 »

Good Day All,

I wanted to share what happened to me this past week. Friday while coming home from Laredo I stopped at a rest area to relieve myself. While parking I noticed only 2 cars in the parking lot. 1 a maintenance the other had 2 tweekers in it. while walking inside I see in the corner of my eyes 2 tweeker sitting on the eating area. I take care of business and as I am coming out and lit a cigarette and figured I would take advantage of not driving and answer a few emails. Being on the safe side I put my body in the position where I could watch all for of those people. Suddenly on my right I here someone approaching. He quickly asked for a smoke. With a firm voice and head up. I tell him to keep his distance. This is when he started to get a little aggressive and took one step towards me. Thats when I told him again. I said keep your distance and walk away. Quick scan of the area number 4 tweeker was missing. So the smoke hit the ground got in car and left. While driving off I see number 4 coming out of the woods from behind about 15 yards from where I was parked. I am not saying I was getting set up but I will rather be safe then sorry.

crazy2medic

Re: Situational Awareness

Post by crazy2medic »

When the alarm bells in the back of your head go off it's time to leave or prepare to defend yourself! Certainly seems like you were being set up! Good thing you were paying attention!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

What’s a tweeker?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

C-dub wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm What’s a tweeker?
druggie, probably smoking weed
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

jason812

Post by jason812 »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 pm
I thought tweekers are meth heads. Usually identified as skeleton skinny, ratty t-shirt and pants that hasn't been washed in a month, messed up hair, bug eyes and rotten teeth. Or they look like zombies.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

jason812 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:07 pm
I thought tweekers are meth heads. Usually identified as skeleton skinny, ratty t-shirt and pants that hasn't been washed in a month, messed up hair, bug eyes and rotten teeth. Or they look like zombies.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

lildave40 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am Good Day All,

I wanted to share what happened to me this past week. Friday while coming home from Laredo I stopped at a rest area to relieve myself. While parking I noticed only 2 cars in the parking lot. 1 a maintenance the other had 2 tweekers in it. while walking inside I see in the corner of my eyes 2 tweeker sitting on the eating area. I take care of business and as I am coming out and lit a cigarette and figured I would take advantage of not driving and answer a few emails. Being on the safe side I put my body in the position where I could watch all for of those people. Suddenly on my right I here someone approaching. He quickly asked for a smoke. With a firm voice and head up. I tell him to keep his distance. This is when he started to get a little aggressive and took one step towards me. Thats when I told him again. I said keep your distance and walk away. Quick scan of the area number 4 tweeker was missing. So the smoke hit the ground got in car and left. While driving off I see number 4 coming out of the woods from behind about 15 yards from where I was parked. I am not saying I was getting set up but I will rather be safe then sorry.
Good job! If it feels wrong it probably is wrong.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

From Active Self Protection: "Awareness buys you time and time buys you options."

rotor

Post by rotor »

Had to google tweekers. I must live in an alternate universe.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

rotor wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm Had to google tweekers. I must live in an alternate universe.
Me too. Must be our age. I just found out there's an expression of surprise called, "Oh snap!" Snap what? :confused5

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

jason812 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:07 pm
:iagree:

General definition is that Tweekers are either meth, crack, or speed addicts. They tend to be obviously anxious and twitchy, and as addicts looking for their next fix they can be aggressive and dangerous. Pot heads are just pot heads. Stoned and stupid but more often than not they are not looking for any type of fight.

Bottom line is that Paladin was right. If it feels wrong it probably is wrong.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Caliber wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm From Active Self Protection: "Awareness buys you time and time buys you options."
+1

Your gun doesn't buy you anything if you get knocked out by a surprise blow to the head.

Observe is the first part of the OODA loop. Only dumb luck will let you win a fight without awareness.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

G26ster wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:40 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm Had to google tweekers. I must live in an alternate universe.
Me too. Must be our age. I just found out there's an expression of surprise called, "Oh snap!" Snap what? :confused5
"Oh no you di-un"

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

lildave40 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am Good Day All,

I wanted to share what happened to me this past week.
Thanks for your post. A good reminder. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”