Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

jason812 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:21 pm
mojo84 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Flightmare wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm Trump announces a deal has been reached to end the partial shutdown.
It appears it is temporary. We'll see how it all works out.
You should hear the can rattling as its kicked down the road. I don't think the dems will give in.

Just a thought: How about Congress actually follow the Constitution and pass a budget? Then this won't happen.
Trump said if the three weeks passes without a deal for the wall he will declare an emergency.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:35 pm
jason812 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:21 pm
mojo84 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Flightmare wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm Trump announces a deal has been reached to end the partial shutdown.
It appears it is temporary. We'll see how it all works out.
You should hear the can rattling as its kicked down the road. I don't think the dems will give in.

Just a thought: How about Congress actually follow the Constitution and pass a budget? Then this won't happen.
Trump said if the three weeks passes without a deal for the wall he will declare an emergency.
For the record, it would not surprise me if the dems do not live up to their side of the deal. If they don't, it would not surprise me if Trump doesn't follow through on declaring an emergency and building yhe wall.

This is just my opinion as I have grown to not trust what politicians say. It no longer surprises me when they do not do what they say. However, I hope I am wrong and the dems will honor their commitments and if they do not, I hope Trump will.

I have no proof anyone will not do what they say. Just my skepticism at work.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I could see Trump declaring an emergency and rather than starting with a wall as that takes time. Jumping on diverting funds for border protection and deportation. If there were sweeping increases in raids and deportations the Dems would wake up real quick.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... p-apology/

This hasn’t received any press. It appears the First Lady has agreed to a settlement with the Telegraph.

The last line may make your day.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 pm https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... p-apology/

This hasn’t received any press. It appears the First Lady has agreed to a settlement with the Telegraph.

Now we need to get some US media outlets apologizing and paying substantial settlements for all of their lies.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

tbrown
Posts in topic: 9

Post by tbrown »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:11 pm I could see Trump declaring an emergency and rather than starting with a wall as that takes time. Jumping on diverting funds for border protection and deportation. If there were sweeping increases in raids and deportations the Dems would wake up real quick.
With all the money spent on the Department of Defense, it's a disgrace we're incapable of the minimum baseline defensive task of securing the nation's borders. That's an "Epic Fail" by politicians and the military brass hats.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

BREAKING: The State of the Union is Back On
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has officially extended an invitation to President Donald Trump to give the annual State of the Union Address on Capitol Hill Tuesday, February 5. She extended the invitation in a letter sent to the White House Monday afternoon.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I wish he would just do it from his desk in the Oval office.

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 35

Post by 2farnorth »

tbrown wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:16 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:11 pm I could see Trump declaring an emergency and rather than starting with a wall as that takes time. Jumping on diverting funds for border protection and deportation. If there were sweeping increases in raids and deportations the Dems would wake up real quick.
With all the money spent on the Department of Defense, it's a disgrace we're incapable of the minimum baseline defensive task of securing the nation's borders. That's an "Epic Fail" by politicians and the military brass hats.
The military is at the whim of the civilians (politicians) at the top. I really believe that if the civilian masters told the military to secure the southern border that it would be done in short order. Their actions would be heavily scrutinized by the courts as law suits would be numerous. The costs of maintaining a presence on the border would be higher than the $5 billion the president asked for.
N5PNZ

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

In only two years Trump has fixed Global Warming.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 18

Post by PriestTheRunner »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:35 pm In only two years Trump has fixed Global Warming.
LOL. :lol:

ELB
Posts in topic: 86

Post by ELB »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 pm https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... p-apology/

Yes this is worth reading. You might want to put on a neck brace first to prevent whiplash from SMH.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-re ... y-had-sex/

It’s not presidential, but that’s what I would sure do if I was president.

There is a unsubstantiated rumor conspiracy gossips thing running around on 4 Chan that RGB is in one of those medically induced comas. Trying to prolong her life. Probably nonsense.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 18

Post by PriestTheRunner »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-re ... y-had-sex/

It’s not presidential, but that’s what I would sure do if I was president.

There is a unsubstantiated rumor conspiracy gossips thing running around on 4 Chan that RGB is in one of those medically induced comas. Trying to prolong her life. Probably nonsense.
Sounds plausible... Especially after Scalia's "interesting" circumstances.

Lets not forget that crazier things have been proven true.
https://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/7-cons ... ually-true

Return to “Off-Topic”