Sig 365 question

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Sig 365 question

Post by surferdaddy »

Lena wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:54 am I don't need the new fads or things always yes I had a 365 only 4 days , old school here tried and true Glock 32 it just works or any of the rest I have carried.
Hey, different strokes. I love my Glock.
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I will say that I have let some pistols go in the past, some I don’t miss and some I do...my Glock will always stay. I find its “stability” comforting...in some ways its simply being present in my safe affords me the liberty to experiment with other makes and models. A Glock to me is almost akin to an insurance policy.

-surfer
CHL/LTC instructor

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 2

Post by locke_n_load »

I am Glock guy but am also an engineer. Sig was the first company who actually designed a near single stack pistol based off the geometry of the cartridge, instead of just scaling down one of their full size handguns, in order to maximize capacity - and a 10 round capacity, the same as my chubby G26, is fantastic for its size.
I shot my dad's 365 a few months ago - trigger was different than my Glock, but pretty good for a pocket pistol - I had a 2" 5 shot grouping at 5 yards on my 2nd magazine. Light but not a kicker, reliable, small, not bad on ergonomics. This will be my next firearm purchase, despite having a Glock 19, 26, and AR9 that accepts Glock mags. The Glock 43 just cannot compete for a small carry gun.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Lena
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lena »

I know I am old every time I see an AR 9 mentioned as a 9mm
The Original was not but a 12 ga , I got to shoot 1 one day years ago
Most cant even relate to them
Stay Safe

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

locke_n_load wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 am I am Glock guy but am also an engineer. Sig was the first company who actually designed a near single stack pistol based off the geometry of the cartridge, instead of just scaling down one of their full size handguns, in order to maximize capacity - and a 10 round capacity, the same as my chubby G26, is fantastic for its size.
I shot my dad's 365 a few months ago - trigger was different than my Glock, but pretty good for a pocket pistol - I had a 2" 5 shot grouping at 5 yards on my 2nd magazine. Light but not a kicker, reliable, small, not bad on ergonomics. This will be my next firearm purchase, despite having a Glock 19, 26, and AR9 that accepts Glock mags. The Glock 43 just cannot compete for a small carry gun.
I’d bet Glock has seen a dramatic decrease in 43 sales. I’d bet that Glock, and other manufacturers, will be taking aim at those lost sales; if not by shot show then ASAP. The p365 WILL force innovation.

-Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

You guys realize that Keltec made a gun that is basically the same size with the same size capacity as the P365 almost 20 years ago in the Kel-tec P11, right? We can argue that the Sig is the better made gun, but they were not the first to market a pistol of this size with a 10 round magazine.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

cyphertext wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:57 pm You guys realize that Keltec made a gun that is basically the same size with the same size capacity as the P365 almost 20 years ago in the Kel-tec P11, right? We can argue that the Sig is the better made gun, but they were not the first to market a pistol of this size with a 10 round magazine.
True. SCCY has similar specs too.
CHL/LTC instructor

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

cyphertext wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:57 pm You guys realize that Keltec made a gun that is basically the same size with the same size capacity as the P365 almost 20 years ago in the Kel-tec P11, right? We can argue that the Sig is the better made gun, but they were not the first to market a pistol of this size with a 10 round magazine.
I have a keltec pf9 which holds 7+1 and is a piece of junk. Not even on the same playing field.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

It's a good thing they make so many different guns. Everybody's tastes and/or hands are different.

At least by our numbers, the PMR-30 outsells every other Kel-Tec P series (and most buy the PMR-30 as a range toy). SCCY are made in America, so they have that going for them. Not that other competitors don't, but that's about I can think of when I think SCCY. Well that, and that blue model they make.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

locke_n_load wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:59 pm
I have a keltec pf9 which holds 7+1 and is a piece of junk. Not even on the same playing field.
I have a PF9 as well and my experience has been quite different than yours. And as I said, you can argue which firearm is better made, but Sig is not first to market with a 10+1 gun in this size. The Sig marketing claims "unprecedented".... nope, Kel-tec did it first. My statement was not about quality, just a response to the claims of "innovative" and "unprecedented".

Allons
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Allons »

cyphertext wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:50 pm
locke_n_load wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:59 pm
I have a PF9 as well and my experience has been quite different than yours. And as I said, you can argue which firearm is better made, but Sig is not first to market with a 10+1 gun in this size. The Sig marketing claims "unprecedented".... nope, Kel-tec did it first. My statement was not about quality, just a response to the claims of "innovative" and "unprecedented".

The Keltec P-11 is much better than the PF9 I had both of them a while back. I pawn the PF9 and my brother borrowed the P-11 about 2 years ago and never returned it (image that ). The 365 is a nice weapon I have fired it a couple of times at the range and almost bought one. I bought the SCCY CPX 2 for half the price and it shoots just as good as the Sig, in my opinion for half the price and the best warranty in the business.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

it's 2019, is it safe to say that sig has fixed all the striker, trigger spring, mag scratch...etc.etc issues? i really want this gun now! im also hearing anything born after aug. 2018 are good to go?
'got to Texas ASAIC.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

aaangel wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:47 pm it's 2019, is it safe to say that sig has fixed all the striker, trigger spring, mag scratch...etc.etc issues? i really want this gun now! im also hearing anything born after aug. 2018 are good to go?
I believe mine is March 2018. I have close to 800 rounds through it now. It goes bang every time. I have used all different type of ammo through it. I use Hornady Critical Defense as carry loads and it has shot it with zero problems. It also has shot Federal HST with zero problems.

It may have some issues in the beginning, but I believe they blew it out of proportion.

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:58 pm
aaangel wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:47 pm it's 2019, is it safe to say that sig has fixed all the striker, trigger spring, mag scratch...etc.etc issues? i really want this gun now! im also hearing anything born after aug. 2018 are good to go?
I believe mine is March 2018. I have close to 800 rounds through it now. It goes bang every time. I have used all different type of ammo through it. I use Hornady Critical Defense as carry loads and it has shot it with zero problems. It also has shot Federal HST with zero problems.

It may have some issues in the beginning, but I believe they blew it out of proportion.
thanks friend!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

aaangel wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:46 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:58 pm

thanks friend!
You can always take mine and shoot it if you want. Just give me a call.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”