5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by C-dub »

Or maybe watching them and learning their patterns and picking them up during vulnerable times when they are less capable of putting up a defense would be much easier and safer for everyone? Being smarter than the bad guys seems to work a lot better than brute force when it comes to capturing them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Black tar heroin found. Must have been the worst of the worst.

Prayers to the officers and the thugs are in a much better place for society and for the taxpayer.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Post by PriestTheRunner »

C-dub wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 am Or maybe watching them and learning their patterns and picking them up during vulnerable times when they are less capable of putting up a defense would be much easier and safer for everyone? Being smarter than the bad guys seems to work a lot better than brute force when it comes to capturing them.
Ding ding ding...

Everybody buys groceries eventually.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

My wife works as a consultant for schools, and she just so happened to be working at an elementary school that is a couple blocks from this house (she tends to work with the lowest performing schools, which tend to also be in pretty bad neighborhoods). Fortunately, the raid occurred after schools had let out, and presumably after the kids had all had a chance to get home. That was a very smart move on the part of the police, IMHO.

As to whether it might have been safer to do a no-knock entry, or to try to arrest the perps when they left the house, etc., I'll defer to the judgment of LE there. I can imagine pro's and con's to various approaches, but I am nowhere near an expert in these matters.

philip964
Posts in topic: 124

Post by philip964 »

Had a press conference today updates.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2-of ... t-shootout

One officer not shot, injured in knee.

Pit bull attacked first officer inside.

Woman shot while reaching for officers gun.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 17

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I am curious about one thing, though. When the police do one of these major drug busts, don't they normally show the confiscated narcotics during a press conference? Black tar heroin, by all reputations, is some VERY nasty stuff. I'd think the HPD would want to highlight what was positive about the raid, despite how badly things went otherwise.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

Liberty wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 am It was a daytime Drug raid on people with known gang affiliations. So far it looks like a pretty legit raid on some very bad actors. There are far too many no knock raids gone bad. But this one so far appears to wear the ring of legitimacy even though it went very badly.
But the Houston police chief responded to Trumps comment about high gang numbers by the border by saying “There are ONLY 11,000 registered gang members in Houston and they only affect each other.”

I don’t understand what went wrong here when the police tried to arrest them?? (Sarcasm)
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

TreyHouston wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:40 pm
Liberty wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 am It was a daytime Drug raid on people with known gang affiliations. So far it looks like a pretty legit raid on some very bad actors. There are far too many no knock raids gone bad. But this one so far appears to wear the ring of legitimacy even though it went very badly.
But the Houston police chief responded to Trumps comment about high gang numbers by the border by saying “There are ONLY 11,000 registered gang members in Houston and they only affect each other.”

I don’t understand what went wrong here when the police tried to arrest them?? (Sarcasm)
Never thought much of Acevedo as the Austin chief. This does nothing to help that perception.

philip964
Posts in topic: 124

Post by philip964 »

From the news stories:

1. Officers entered the home. ( no knock? )
2. Officer is attacked by dog. Shoots and kills dog.
3. Man emerges from rear room and shoots officer in the shoulder, officer falls on to couch in living room.
4. Women in House attempts to grab officers gun who is on the couch and is shot and killed by officers.
5. Man with .357 hand gun wounds critically two officers and wounds one other officer.
6. Officer kills man.

Is this the sequence of events?

Man apparently is a really good shot or something is wrong with this.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:24 pm From the news stories:

1. Officers entered the home. ( no knock? )
2. Officer is attacked by dog. Shoots and kills dog.
3. Man emerges from rear room and shoots officer in the shoulder, officer falls on to couch in living room.
4. Women in House attempts to grab officers gun who is on the couch and is shot and killed by officers.
5. Man with .357 hand gun wounds critically two officers and wounds one other officer.
6. Officer kills man.

Is this the sequence of events?

Man apparently is a really good shot or something is wrong with this.

Close quarters room full of targets, close together, being a marksman not required.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

There are unanswered questions. Lots of conspiracies popping up.

1. No criminal history
2. no drugs found
3. Raid after neighbors tipped police to possible heroin dealing. (read #2)
4. No body cams worn by officers

these are not my conspiracies, just what I'm seeing all around the net at the moment.

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:37 am
C-dub wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 am Or maybe watching them and learning their patterns and picking them up during vulnerable times when they are less capable of putting up a defense would be much easier and safer for everyone? Being smarter than the bad guys seems to work a lot better than brute force when it comes to capturing them.
Ding ding ding...

Everybody buys groceries eventually.
Problem.....when you bust one of them at Kroger, you don't recover evidence (drugs) and the other one still at the house gets alerted to start flushing evidence.

Also, you can't arrest from just a search warrant, which is what was being served.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 pm There are unanswered questions. Lots of conspiracies popping up.

1. No criminal history
2. no drugs found

these are not my conspiracies, just what I'm seeing all around the net at the moment.
No heroin found, they did find marijuana and an "unspecified white powder"

Also, why were Acevedo AND Turner Tweeting about the incident an hour before even arriving on scene? Incident management 101.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

canvasbck wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:56 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 pm There are unanswered questions. Lots of conspiracies popping up.

1. No criminal history
2. no drugs found

No heroin found, they did find marijuana and an "unspecified white powder"

Also, why were Acevedo AND Turner Tweeting about the incident an hour before even arriving on scene? Incident management 101.

Yep, and they've already been pushing on their gun grabbing agenda crap.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Can I point out, and pose a question.

Why were some of the first officers through the door over the age of 50? I mean that doesn't mean they CAN'T be first in, just seems odd.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”