FL: Homeowner shoots two invaders

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

FL: Homeowner shoots two invaders

Post by ELB »

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news ... 803489002/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-resi ... on-attempt

Two guys, at least one of whom was armed, tried to break into a home in middle of the day. Homeowner shot them both, one died at the house, the other ran down the street and died later.
Last edited by ELB on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FL: Homeowner shoots two invaders

Post by philip964 »

I assume it will work out all right for the homeowner.

In his favor: suspects were masked. One suspect was armed. Shooting death in the neighborhood previously, I’m assuming a resident death. In Florida. Both dead. Wife witness. At his home.

However,

Not in his favor at least in Texas: 1pm in the day time.
Trying to break in. Nothing taken. What evidence of trying to break in. Did he know them?

To me masks were a real big help to the the homeowner here with the police. Real easy for Police to pick GG and BG.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

So, did these guys actually make it inside the house? Or were they shot while they were outside?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Give this guy $50k as a reward. No telling how much money he ended up saving his fellow tax payers.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:08 pm I assume it will work out all right for the homeowner.

In his favor: suspects were masked. One suspect was armed. Shooting death in the neighborhood previously, I’m assuming a resident death. In Florida. Both dead. Wife witness. At his home.

However,

Trying to break in. Nothing taken. What evidence of trying to break in. Did he know them?

To me masks were a real big help to the the homeowner here with the police. Real easy for Police to pick GG and BG.

The only restrictions on defending one's property, in the daytime, is theft. By breaking into the house, they were committing burglary, at least by Texas statute, so deadly force is justified at any time.IANAL
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Jusme wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:08 pm I assume it will work out all right for the homeowner.

However,

The only restrictions on defending one's property, in the daytime, is theft. By breaking into the house, they were committing burglary, at least by Texas statute, so deadly force is justified at any time.IANAL
If the homeowner is occupying his house, it's not even required that the intruders be committing burglary, only that they are unlawfully entering with force or attempting to unlawfully enter with force -- then the homeowner's use of deadly force is presumed reasonable.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”