5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by PriestTheRunner »

dlh wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:25 am Of course, in this case the presumed defendants are dead from gunshot wounds so they won't be charged.
And neither will their killers... :grumble

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

DocV wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:15 am
philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm ABC 13 reported:

“According to the court documents, police recovered four guns, about 18 grams of marijuana and about 1.5 grams of an unknown white powder.”

Is 1 gram very much?
For comparsion, a "regular" apirin tablet is 300 mgs. So five 300 mg aspirin would be 1.5 grams. Those reported "abouts" are frustratingly unprecise. An elephant and a flea are both "about" 1.5 grams.
Aspirin and other pills have fillers and binders so they are going to weigh more than just the amount of active ingredient(s).

A US penny weighs 2.500 grams. A nickel weighs 5.000 grams. This information is good to know if you ever need to check your reloading scale.
NRA Endowment Member

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pete92FS »

Initial reports said the officers were shot by a 357 magnum - no 357 recovered at the scene.
Search warrant said there was a 9MM semi auto pistol on premises - no 9MM pistol recovered.
What was recovered was a 12 gauge shotgun, a 20 gauge shotgun, a .22 rifle and a Remington Mod. 700 rifle. So what were the officers shot with?

When you see pictures of the outside of the house there are at least two groupings of bullet holes where it looks like someone was shooting "blindly" into the house from the outside. How many of the officers inside could have possibly been hit by "friendly" fire?

A lot of stuff just doesn't add up.
CHL since 01/26/09

DocV
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DocV »

WildBill wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:37 am

“According to the court documents, police recovered four guns, about 18 grams of marijuana and about 1.5 grams of an unknown white powder.”

Is 1 gram very much?
For comparsion, a "regular" apirin tablet is 300 mgs. So five 300 mg aspirin would be 1.5 grams. Those reported "abouts" are frustratingly unprecise. An elephant and a flea are both "about" 1.5 grams.
Aspirin and other pills have fillers and binders so they are going to weigh more than just the amount of active ingredient(s).

A US penny weighs 2.500 grams. A nickel weighs 5.000 grams. This information is good to know if you ever need to check your reloading scale.
Correct. My single sample 300mg aspirin weighed 355mgs. :). I destroyed the sample shortly after weighing it.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

DocV wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:22 pm
WildBill wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:37 am

Is 1 gram very much?

Correct. My single sample 300mg aspirin weighed 355mgs. :). I destroyed the sample shortly after weighing it.
The reason I mentioned this is because I read a post in another forum where a guy thought his scale was broken because his extra-strength Tylenol weighed more that it said on the bottle label. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

jason812
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jason812 »

Anybody that reloads has more drug scales than these 2 dealers.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Houston Cop Involved in Deadly Drug Raid Relieved of Duty Due to 'Ongoing Questions'
The "wrong house" theory took a serious blow when it turned out that at least some of the officers who had participated in the raid also had participated in the investigation that led to it, meaning they surely would have noticed if they were 12 miles from where they were supposed to be. The description and address in the warrant affidavit make it clear that no such screwup occurred. But it is obvious from the outcome that other kinds of screwups did occur, possibly coupled with deliberate dishonesty.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

This story is getting more convoluted. One of the HPD officers has been temporarily relieved of duty.
https://reason.com/blog/2019/02/08/hous ... -drug-raid

A new story says that the mother of the deceased woman called 911 to report her daughter's use of drugs in the house that was raided.
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- It was a mother worried about her daughter's drug use that alerted Houston police to a home in
southeast Houston, leading to a deadly drug raid, say ABC13 sources.

A 911 call from the mother of now-deceased suspect Rhogena Nicholas put 7815 Harding Street on police radar. Sources close to the
investigation say her mother called reporting the 58-year-old was doing drugs inside her own home.
It seems very strange to me that a 911 call would result in a no knock search warrant for selling drugs.

https://abc13.com/what-was-found-in-hom ... t/5127653/
Last edited by WildBill on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Scott B. »

The amounts discovered are consistent with personal usage, not distribution or resale.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:20 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm Attorney familiar with drug operations said he would have expected to find scales and unused baggies if it was a drug operation.
I worked undercover narcotics for 10 years. If it was a “drug house” I would have expected the same plus multiple buys before a raid.

Not enough true information known at this point, but there are a lot of questions. I sure hope there is not a cover up.
It stinks like a cover up. The real question is what they're covering up and how high it goes.

I'm praying for Justice.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

WildBill wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 am This story is getting more convoluted. One of the HPD officers has been temporarily relieved of duty.

A new story says that the mother of the deceased woman called 911 to report her daughter's use of drugs in the house that was raided.
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- It was a mother worried about her daughter's drug use that alerted Houston police to a home in

A 911 call from the mother of now-deceased suspect Rhogena Nicholas put 7815 Harding Street on police radar. Sources close to the
investigation say her mother called reporting the 58-year-old was doing drugs inside her own home.
It seems very strange to me that a 911 call would result in a no knock search warrant for selling drugs.

I’m sorry I totally missed that the Mom of the deceased woman called 911. Are we sure about that?

That would indicate a user not a seller. They have only talked with sister and brother in Dallas and Austin. No mention of Mom. I assumed all parents of the two “drug dealer/victims “ had passed.

Gets stranger by the day.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 pm
WildBill wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 am This story is getting more convoluted. One of the HPD officers has been temporarily relieved of duty.

I’m sorry I totally missed that the Mom of the deceased woman called 911. Are we sure about that?

That would indicate a user not a seller. They have only talked with sister and brother in Dallas and Austin. No mention of Mom. I assumed all parents of the two “drug dealer/victims “ had passed.

Gets stranger by the day.
Today was the first time I read about a mother. I remember her sister traveled to Houston when she heard the news.
There was a short video that was posted when she gave a statement. Yes stranger and stranger by the day.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I just saw this report that aired on January 29th. A neighbor said that Tuttle was walking his dog in front of the house 15-20 minutes before the shooting started.
Also one of the neighbors stated that Rhogena Nicholas had cancer. Maybe that could explain the drugs found in the house?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/-the ... d-shootout
NRA Endowment Member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Methinks it's time to call in the Texas Rangers to sort this mess out. Too many mix-up'S & messed up'S from what we've heard.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Paladin
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Crime Blotter”