5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by Odinvalknir »

https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/t ... t-for-hpd/

I heard the update on the TV and could not find a link to the story right then but here's one I just came across

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Art is contemplating filing charges against the investigating officer who was relieved of Duty

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

A new development - This is not looking good.
Affidavit: Police can't find informant used to justify deadly Pecan Park drug raid
He said prior cases handled by Officer Gerald Goines will be reviewed, and the entire narcotics unit will face an "extensive audit" of their practices.

Houston police have been unable to find the confidential informant behind the drug buy that set off a deadly narcotics raid last month, according to the warrant
affidavit signed last week.

Written by a Special Investigation Unit Homicide officer, the five-page filing raises new questions in the case after a small-time drug bust turned into a shoot-out
that left a Pecan Park couple dead and five officers hurt.

But now, more questions are emerging; in two different interviews from his hospital bed, Goines named two different informants, according to the warrant.

When investigators went to talk to them, both informants said they'd worked for Goines – but not on that case. So the investigators got a full list of all the confidential
informants who worked for Goines, and they all denied making a buy at the Tuttle house 0r "ever purchasing narcotics from Rhogena Nicholas or Dennis Tuttle."

In the original warrant - the one used to justify the raid - Goines wrote that he watched the buy and, along with Bryant, identified the substance as heroin.
But when investigators went back to talk to Bryant, he admitted that he'd actually just retrieved two bags of heroin from the center console of Goines' car,
at the instruction of another officer.

Though he then took the two bags of drugs for testing to determine that they were heroin, he eventually admitted that he had never seen narcotics in question
before retrieving them from the car. That, the investigator noted, contradicts the search warrant affidavit filed before the raid, which indicates that Bryant
"recognized the substance purchased by the CI as heroin."
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... E6Jn_FKeGM
Last edited by WildBill on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

dlh
Posts in topic: 24

Post by dlh »

This is quite disturbing. Obviously somebody is not telling the truth. Hope the police give us the full story--will wait and see.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

It's looking like the investigating officers lied in order to get the warrant signed i.e. nobody ever bought drugs from the house or the informants just flat-out lied and then the investigating officers lied to get the warrant

The One Cop is already been relieved of Duty I think the other investigating officers that were involved need to be as well. This is a highly screwed up situation. 4 cops shot, 2 Innocents are dead, and Acevedo needs to resign immediately.

philip964
Posts in topic: 124

Post by philip964 »

“But when investigators went back to talk to Bryant, he admitted that he'd actually just retrieved two bags of heroin from the center console of Goines' car,
at the instruction of another officer.”

Bad words not permitted on the forum. This is terrible.

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Have to wonder what connection, if any, does Goines or the other officers involved have to the residents of the house? What reason is there for filing an alleged false warrant? It also appears there are 3 officers involved - Goines, Bryant and the other officer who instructed the CI to get the heroin from the center console.

bad all around
NRA Life Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

Acevedo must go!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

GeekwithaGun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:15 pm Have to wonder what connection, if any, does Goines or the other officers involved have to the residents of the house? What reason is there for filing an alleged false warrant? It also appears there are 3 officers involved - Goines, Bryant and the other officer who instructed the CI to get the heroin from the center console.

bad all around
Yes it is a bad situation all around.
At least there has been some progress towards finding out what actually happened.
Now I am wondering about the "whys".
NRA Endowment Member

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Post by PriestTheRunner »

WildBill wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:49 pm
GeekwithaGun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:15 pm Have to wonder what connection, if any, does Goines or the other officers involved have to the residents of the house? What reason is there for filing an alleged false warrant? It also appears there are 3 officers involved - Goines, Bryant and the other officer who instructed the CI to get the heroin from the center console.

bad all around
At least there has been some progress towards finding out what actually happened.
It does, at least, seem to have hit a crest where it can no longer be buried. That is a relief, but it likely won't change the fact that the 4th amendment has been gutted.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RicoTX »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm Acevedo must go!
I agree, but I think everyone involved needs to go.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Post by puma guy »

Odinvalknir wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:17 pm New development...

Apparently the 2 CIs have said that they never said anything about heroin or don't recall seeing heroin, and that they didn't recognize the people in the house. Sounds like they hit the wrong house and murdered Innocents.
In the video link below KPRC investigative producer and associate have some very alarming details.
https://www.facebook.com/KPRC2/videos/3 ... ation=ufi
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Bushwhacker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bushwhacker »

I'm still praying for justice, but lately I'm praying for Old Testament style justice.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:04 pm
WildBill wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:49 pm

bad all around
It does, at least, seem to have hit a crest where it can no longer be buried. That is a relief, but it likely won't change the fact that the 4th amendment has been gutted.
I still believe that the raid occurred at the wrong address.
NRA Endowment Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I salute the Houston MSM for covering this story. We have the right to be safe in our own homes.

Looks like Acevedo has come a long way from initially blaming guns and the 2nd Amendment. It's like Sheriff Scott Israel Part 2.

I wonder what Rep. Eric Swalwell thinks about what 1 disabled vet defending his home with a revolver can do?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Crime Blotter”