What Is Your Opinion

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

What Is Your Opinion

Post by carlson1 »

What is your opinion on this sign as it is? I guess I walked in the door when they were open because when the doors are open you cannot in anyway see the sign. I did not see it until I was standing outside talking to someone and looked up.

I wished the law was clear on these signs that appear “transparent” on glass.
221A32DE-741F-4D17-9DF5-36531EBDF2CD.jpeg

C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Re: What Is Your Opinion

Post by C-dub »

My opinion is that was sufficient notice before open carry passed. Now, the wording has changed even for 30.06 and this sign is no longer valid notification.

If and when an officer arrives, if it is somehow determined that you are carrying a concealed handgun, the manager or whoever will give oral notification.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Post by C-dub »

Wait! That's one of those combo signs. Let me read it again. It might be totally insufficient even for 30.07.

EDIT:
Woops!

It looks like the English is correct for both and mostly correct in Spanish.
Last edited by C-dub on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bushwhacker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bushwhacker »

My opinion is concealed means concealed but I have a CPR card.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

My opinion?
This establishment does not want my business. They want to let criminals know that all employees, and customers have been disarmed for their convienience. They erroneously believe that criminals will obey their signs, and rob, or kill at a different place. Not sure what type of business this is, but I'm willing to bet, that I could obtain the same goods/services elsewhere.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm What is your opinion on this sign as it is? I guess I walked in the door when they were open because when the doors are open you cannot in anyway see the sign. I did not see it until I was standing outside talking to someone and looked up.

I wished the law was clear on these signs that appear “transparent” on glass.

221A32DE-741F-4D17-9DF5-36531EBDF2CD.jpeg
My opinion is that the sign says in distinct 1” tall block letters:
DO. NOT. SHOP. HERE.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

I don't think it's a legal sign......
but, if you really, really want to shop in there, keep it concealed and go on in.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Whole Foods by chance?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

ONG THEY HAVE A FULLY SEMIAUTOMATIC DOOR
STAND CLEAR !!!

Oh? The other sign?

There's supposed to be two or three anti-gun signs. At least one is missing ... The other is that sitting duck sign or the Attention Criminals, All law abiding persons were disarmed for your convenience.

If that's a restaurant, apparently they don't want complaints about the food from armed patrons. Makes me wonder why they expect people to get angry about their food

I get tempted to buy some of the sitting duck or attention criminals sticker signs ... but as a law abiding citizen I know I'd never put them up near those signs so I don't

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:10 am Whole Foods by chance?
:iagree:
I was looking for a homeopathic relief for my mountain cedar allergy that the OTC stuff doesn't help. The only place that had any left in stock was Whole Foods and I reluctantly went there. While my friend swears the stuff works for her, I saw no difference in my symptoms for the expensive and unarmed trip to that store.

Actually, in the grander scheme of things, the Whole Foods sign is a lot better than the similarly placed signs on places like Sprouts. Those are black on clear glass and also on the sliding doors. You REALLY have to be looking for them to even notice them. I find that most of the places that hang signs like that are businesses where I find little to no value in shopping to begin with and having to go unarmed is just the icing on that cake. Bezos and his food brand don't have to worry about my being a customer - he doesn't sell anything there that I want.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

NotRPB wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:52 am ONG THEY HAVE A FULLY SEMIAUTOMATIC DOOR
STAND CLEAR !!!

Oh? The other sign?

There's supposed to be two or three anti-gun signs. At least one is missing ... The other is that sitting duck sign or the Attention Criminals, All law abiding persons were disarmed for your convenience.

If that's a restaurant, apparently they don't want complaints about the food from armed patrons. Makes me wonder why they expect people to get angry about their food

I get tempted to buy some of the sitting duck or attention criminals sticker signs ... but as a law abiding citizen I know I'd never put them up near those signs so I don't
I think that it should be mandatory that if they post both 06 and 07 that an additional sign should be a pic of fish in a barrel so patrons of that venue know that they will be like shooting fish in a barrel!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Legal enough to get the ticket, and to make me take my business elsewhere.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

couzin

Post by couzin »

Maxwell wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:38 pm Legal enough to get the ticket, and to make me take my business elsewhere.
Ditto - somebody else will be absolutely tickled to take my money...
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Am I the only one who just doesn't care if I accidentally walk past a 30.06 sign? In my opinion my life and the safety and lives of my family are worth a $200 fine and basically a traffic ticket if I get caught.

No matter how many times you get caught, its a class C misdemeanor and a $200 fine. Whether I see the sign or not. meh, I'll take it and my life. If your firearm is properly concealed, no one is going to see it.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I saw the thread title, "What Is Your Opinion"...

My next thought was, "only 12 people wanted to give their opinion?!"...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”