Boycott Benchmade

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
proudpirate
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Boycott Benchmade

Post by proudpirate »

Maybe some of y'all have heard about this already. Benchmade knives destroyed firearms for the Oregon City Police. As a firearms owner I find this highly unacceptable. This is a slap in the face to the 2A community by a once respected knife manufacturer. I can thankfully say I do not own any of their products. If I did own any I would most certainly destroy them. Below are some links about this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capita ... egon_city/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comme ... ty_police/

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/t ... ns.366867/

Flightmare

Re: Boycott Benchmade

Post by Flightmare »

City of Oregon City's Mayor and police chief updated with their point of view.

https://www.facebook.com/ocpolice/posts ... 8148740328

From what I have read, I don't see this as anti-2a. These firearms were either requested by their owners to be destroyed, or ordered destroyed by court order.

If a person wishes to destroy their own personal property, I am not going to blame the company requested to perform the destruction. I would no more blame a demolition company being contracted to destroy a building.

As for the court order requesting firearms be destroyed; it was not Benchmade who requested firearms to destroy.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:59 am City of Oregon City's Mayor and police chief updated with their point of view.

From what I have read, I don't see this as anti-2a. These firearms were either requested by their owners to be destroyed, or ordered destroyed by court order.

If a person wishes to destroy their own personal property, I am not going to blame the company requested to perform the destruction. I would no more blame a demolition company being contracted to destroy a building.

As for the court order requesting firearms be destroyed; it was not Benchmade who requested firearms to destroy.

:iagree:

Benchmade simply had the equipment available, and assisted with something that was going to happen anyway. Benchmade makes good knives, and I have not heard of anything, they have said or done that is anti 2A.
Guns held in evidence that have been used in crimes, are routinely destroyed. I know those from Johnson County, used to be taken to Chaparral Steel in Midlothian, and melted. These guns were not seized by leftists, from law abiding citizens. And I'm not going to hold Benchmade responsible for assisting in this, anymore than I am the vehicle manufacturer, who provided the vehicles to transport the guns. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:28 pm
Flightmare wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:59 am City of Oregon City's Mayor and police chief updated with their point of view.

Benchmade simply had the equipment available, and assisted with something that was going to happen anyway. Benchmade makes good knives, and I have not heard of anything, they have said or done that is anti 2A.
Guns held in evidence that have been used in crimes, are routinely destroyed. I know those from Johnson County, used to be taken to Chaparral Steel in Midlothian, and melted. These guns were not seized by leftists, from law abiding citizens. And I'm not going to hold Benchmade responsible for assisting in this, anymore than I am the vehicle manufacturer, who provided the vehicles to transport the guns. JMHO
Benchmade has donated primarily to Democrats, however there has been donations made to Republicans also.

There's not enough hours in the day anymore to boycott every company, product or person I disagree with their actions.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

If I boycotted every company that did or said something I disagreed with, I wouldn't have many places to shop or eat and would be relegated to a life of subsistence somewhere out in the woods off the grid.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

AndyC wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm I won't buy Benchmade - not so much for the gun-destruction aspect but for the donations to anti-gun politicians.
I agree. I see the gun destruction as doing a favor for local LE. Would be nice if they said no, but, I understand them doing it.

Donating money (almost exclusively) to Democrats, however... No bueno.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals ... cycle=2018
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/recips ... cycle=2018
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’m unaware of Benchmade’s political activities, but I’m also not going to throw out about $800 worth of Benchmade knives I already have. And, if Benchmade is smart, they’ll try and retain custody of the steel for knife-making.

PS: I still have my Yeti coffee mug. I own S&W revolvers, despite their caving on gun locks 19 years ago. I own a Ruger .22 pistol and a .308 rifle, despite Bill Ruger’s 1989 letter to Congress, supporting a ban on larger capacity magazines.

Perspective is a wonderful thing.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

proudpirate wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 am
If I did own any I would most certainly destroy them.
I’ve never understood this mode of thinking. I’m going to destroy my own property because I disagree with the manufacturer. What? You already paid the company, they already have your money, and you destroying that item does absolutely nothing to that company. Seems like you’re just shooting yourself in the foot? I understand not patronizing that company, or even selling the model/s you have, but idk about destroying it.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

NRA Endowment Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

WildBill wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:17 am

This by itself isn't anti 2a, but it brings other things about the company to light. See my previous post.

edit to add: And regardless of any of this discussion, it was a stupid PR move to have yourself photographed destroying guns as requested by the police (lawfully or otherwise) and posted to Facebook. Here conspiracy theorists -- have some material!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Oregon is looking at statewide rent controls. Its a brave new world out there.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

TexasJohnBoy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:18 am
WildBill wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:17 am

This by itself isn't anti 2a, but it brings other things about the company to light. See my previous post.

edit to add: And regardless of any of this discussion, it was a stupid PR move to have yourself photographed destroying guns as requested by the police (lawfully or otherwise) and posted to Facebook. Here conspiracy theorists -- have some material!
I understand your position. I have never owned a benchmark product. I just don't care for them, but I don't agree with calls for a boycotts such as this. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”