Nobody but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 213

Re: Nobody but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Post by philip964 »

Right now AOC is speaking live at the Cohen hearing.

She is asking about Trump’s golf courses. Deflating the value of his courses to lower his property taxes.

“How did he do this?” Cohen replied he submitted a lower value to the taxing authorities when submitting a value.

The back and forth is riviting.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 17

Post by mojo84 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm Right now AOC is speaking live at the Cohen hearing.

She is asking about Trump’s golf courses. Deflating the value of his courses to lower his property taxes.

“How did he do this?” Cohen replied he submitted a lower value to the taxing authorities when submitting a value.

She demonstrated just how clueless she is about real estate tax appraisals and well, everything. It's obvious she has never owned a piece of real estate.

Unfortunately, there are many out there that know just about as much as she does and will run with that thinking she scored major points against Trump.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 16

Post by powerboatr »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:33 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm Right now AOC is speaking live at the Cohen hearing.

She demonstrated just how clueless she is about real estate tax appraisals and well, everything. It's obvious she has never owned a piece of real estate.

Unfortunately, there are many out there that know just about as much as she does and will run with that thinking she scored major points against Trump.
yep
it was like there was a crime because the taxing authority accepted his lower value..... :lol::
still trying to figure out how wiki leaks telling the world the dnc emails were coming is a crime committed by trump ...when he was told the same time thr est of the world.
if he paid an B actress to be quiet about a sexual trist.....ok how is this a crime and if it is...how come other politicians are not being run through the ringer on this this????
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

[/quote]

if he paid an B actress to be quiet about a sexual trist.....ok how is this a crime and if it is...how come other politicians are not being run through the ringer on this this????
[/quote]

I don't think it is unless he paid with campaign finance money. Cohen said it came from his trust account. I imagine Trump operates out of a trust for a lot of his personal stuff.

Cohen is just a disgruntled ex-employee that is colluding with the dems to bring Trump down hoping to improve the chances he can increase the value of and cash in on a book or movie deal. He will probably use his testimony and other assistance to avoid further charges or minimize his time in prison.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:12 pm

[/quote]

I don't think it is unless he paid with campaign finance money. Cohen said it came from his trust account. I imagine Trump operates out of a trust for a lot of his personal stuff.

Cohen is just a disgruntled ex-employee that is colluding with the dems to bring Trump down hoping to improve the chances he can increase the value of and cash in on a book or movie deal. He will probably use his testimony and other assistance to avoid further charges or minimize his time in prison.
[/quote]

yep that is what i was thinking, if its from a trust, then its not from campaign money.. wonder what the trust manager rules on its existence say.

isnt cohen still awaiting sentencing or trial in the state of new york for another crime? I really have not paid him much attention.
today he sounded like a whining rat fink crook . sure hope he gets a normal harsh prison, vice a club med experience

lying to congress IMO is thin as a saltine...we have seen hundreds of people lie to congress in the last 9 years....yet only three or four get a prison sentence?
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

KLB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KLB »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:12 pm I don't think it is unless he paid with campaign finance money. Cohen said it came from his trust account. I imagine Trump operates out of a trust for a lot of his personal stuff.
Given the Democratic play book, Trump can't win this one. Since he used non-campaign money, they argue the hush money was intended to benefit the campaign and should therefore have been reported as a campaign expense. Had he used campaign funds, they would argue he used campaign funds for a personal matter.

Don't look for intellectual consistency. It's not there.

Gator Guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Gator Guy »

https://www.newsweek.com/ocasio-cortez- ... ng-1346813
After receiving praise for her questioning of Michael Cohen during his testimony before the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Wednesday, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez attributed her skills to years spent tending bars and waiting on tables.
:cheers2:
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

She just took advantage of her panel time to make a speech about Trump, then asked a question right at the end and ignored the answer.
-Ruark

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Gator Guy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am https://www.newsweek.com/ocasio-cortez- ... ng-1346813
After receiving praise for her questioning of Michael Cohen during his testimony before the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Wednesday, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez attributed her skills to years spent tending bars and waiting on tables.
In defense of bartenders every where. Smartest guy I ever saw on Jeopardy was a bartender.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Gator Guy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am https://www.newsweek.com/ocasio-cortez- ... ng-1346813
However, she demonstrated a complete and utter ignorance about the subject matter by the questions she asked and the insinuations she made.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/ ... ts-1195854

AOC plans to rat out Dems who vote with Republicans.
Pelosi threatens as well.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:51 pm https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/ ... ts-1195854

AOC plans to rat out Dems who vote with Republicans.
Pelosi threatens as well.
since vote results are public...sort of a waste of time...maybe she needs to go home to her district and look at the billboards :rules:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

First time in 132 years that the temperature never reached 70 degrees in February in LA. This must really upset the Green New Deal folks.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio ... urger-meal

Upset at creepy guy who took a picture of her eating a burger after talking about eating less meat to save the planet from global warming. See previous post on page before.

Return to “Off-Topic”