New pew

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

New pew

Post by Odinvalknir »

Bought the rifle from a buddy of mine a couple days ago for $500 and it came with a red dot sight and some extra upgrades. Proceeded to sync another few hundred dollars into it to make it mine

carlson1

Re: New pew

Post by carlson1 »

Congratulations that is a good looking family member.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:33 pm Congratulations that is a good looking family member.
Thank you, It is definitely a welcome addition. I'm sure something else will change before long, I still need some sort of light for use as home defense. I'm gonna also look into some type of ACOG type sight as well and do away with the red dot probably.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I used a couple of white lights, but I really like the Surefire M300. I added the Mil-Spec rear socket switch. I bought a used light on Amazon for almost half the cost. It is fantastic.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Odinvalknir wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:38 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:33 pm Congratulations that is a good looking family member.
Thank you, It is definitely a welcome addition. I'm sure something else will change before long, I still need some sort of light for use as home defense. I'm gonna also look into some type of ACOG type sight as well and do away with the red dot probably.
Is this your first AR? If so, it looks like you got off to a good start.

Regarding the ACOG, I would definitely recommend one (I live mine), but they can run 2-3 times what you paid for the rifle. With a real Trijicon ACOG, you’re paying for both tritium and fiberoptic illumination of an etched BDC reticle, and for VERY high quality glass. Expect to pay anywhere between $900 and $1500. But Primary Arms and Burris both make ACOG-like optics that are fixed focus, with a battery illuminated BDC reticle, which cost something in the $250-$450 range. They are available, depending on brand, in the 1X, 3X, 4X, or 5X magnification range.

But what would be even more versatile, would be a low range variable power optic in the 1-4X, 1-6X, or 1-8X range. Again, Primary Arms and Burris both have affordable scopes in that range, and you can add Vortex Optics to that too. The latest Primary Arms versions are First Focal Plane, which is a pretty good feature for such an affordable optic.

Anyway, I’d take a look at those companies, unless you really WANT to drop some serious money on a real Trijicon ACOG.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Ditto on SureFire lights. I also bought this 1000 lumen Streamlight 88065 Pro Tac HL-X 1,000 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight a couple of weeks ago, an I’m pretty happy with it:

Mounted with a BCM Gunfighter 1” flashlight mount: https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNF ... -m0-km.htm

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Skooter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skooter »

That’s a nice-looking AR and you got it for a great price. I liked the SI curved foregrip better, but the new configuration looks awesome as well.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Not a bad looking freedom rifle.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

:tiphat: Nice!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”