5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Gator Guy
Posts in topic: 7

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by Gator Guy »

bblhd672 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:29 pmHow many innocent citizens have to go to jail or be shot?
"All of them." - HPOU Union President
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

philip964
Posts in topic: 124

Post by philip964 »

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Russell wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:44 pm https://apnews.com/273ea569e25d490c8fa6679ce359522e
Acevedo said investigators are still determining whether the guns recovered at the couple’s home had been bought legally.
What the heck is an illegally purchased gun in Texas?

You either have the right to possess a firearm or you don't. Given that neither person murdered in this raid had a criminal history (except for a bad check case that was dismissed), it sounds like they had every right to possess as many firearms as they wanted.

Acevedo is still hunting for a reason to put forward for the raid.
Maybe if they hadn't have murdered the two, they could have just asked...

philip964

Post by philip964 »

How about a ballistics report.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

Russell wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:44 pm https://apnews.com/273ea569e25d490c8fa6679ce359522e
Acevedo said investigators are still determining whether the guns recovered at the couple’s home had been bought legally.

You either have the right to possess a firearm or you don't. Given that neither person murdered in this raid had a criminal history (except for a bad check case that was dismissed), it sounds like they had every right to possess as many firearms as they wanted.

Acevedo is still hunting for a reason to put forward for the raid.
Sounds like Art is getting desperate for a reason to shift focus off the potentially illegal actions of his department.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

This incident is rotten dead snake and the head of it is trying to make the skin smooth again.
The head has to go, that is fired for running a criminally infested department.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Gator Guy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Gator Guy »

I think, you misunderstand, but that, is probably, Acevedo's fault, and probably, Art Acevedo's intention.

Obviously, what the investigators, are still determining, is whether the guns, belonged to the couple, i.e. "bought legally" or, whether, they were planted, at the scene by Goines. He may be, dirtier than Cards Against Humanity, but Goines isn't stupid. He didn't get away, with planting evidence, for so long by, planting guns and drugs, that can be tracked, back to him.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Post by C-dub »

Gator Guy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:14 am

I think, you misunderstand, but that, is probably, Acevedo's fault, and probably, Art Acevedo's intention.

Obviously, what the investigators, are still determining, is whether the guns, belonged to the couple, i.e. "bought legally" or, whether, they were planted, at the scene by Goines. He may be, dirtier than Cards Against Humanity, but Goines isn't stupid. He didn't get away, with planting evidence, for so long by, planting guns and drugs, that can be tracked, back to him.
Well, other than that 2 kilos found in his car.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apnews.com/273ea569e25d490c8fa6679ce359522e

Friends try to clear dead victims name.

Still considered drug dealers by police.

One new bit of information, both on disability.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:23 pm https://abc13.com/72-year-old-with-canc ... e/5152114/

72 year old cancer patient with a feeding tube was unaware his home was raided until he was arrested and spent three days in jail.

https://abc13.com/man-says-gerald-goine ... e/5150459/

Walked by while a drug house was being raided and got arrested.

I guess this is all going to be costing taxpayers plenty.
Wow!

It is common for drug dealers to take over houses of older people who are living in the hospital. Talk about being victimized twice.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://abc13.com/harris-co-district-at ... d/5167174/

DA widens the review to another officer’s cases.

Now at 2000.

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DynamicDan »

The truth trumps opinions everytime.

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 3

Post by EastTexasRancher »

I said very early on in this thread that this was going to be a dirty bust.

I do not know how Acevedo is not being fired for this. But, we live in a screwed up world....to many crooked people in positions of power keeping their jobs if they sit on the golden side of the political divide.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MaduroBU »

"I want people to know there's another side to Gerald Goines," she said. "He is a fine police officer, who would only want to do something that is right."

Lanier says Goines has worked part-time for her husband and their extended family for 25 years. During the final two years of the former mayor's life, Goines helped out the family almost every night.

"The great thing about Gerald is that he didn't bring one job to another job. When he was with us, he focused on us. He didn't talk about anything he was doing, but I know him as a man of great integrity and honor," recalled Elyse Lanier.
Am I alone in wondering what sort of "special work" he did for the former mayor? Work which, per the brief quote, was obviously and completely separate from his duties as a public servant?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”