Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
txglock21
Posts in topic: 3

Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Post by txglock21 »

We will be staying almost a week in Gatlinburg, TN. in mid June. For those of you that have been there, looking for things to do in the area and any laws for carry I need to know about. I have already checked out ushandgun, but need more specifically the Gatlinburg area. Thanks in advance! :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Post by Liberty »

Area, is pretty much gun friendly. Dolly wood might be off limits. I never saw many restrictions i n shops or restaurant s, but it's been a few years.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

My wife and I go every year we can. You can pretty much carry anwhere. The no gun signs are a legal form of postage. It usually looks like a black gun with a red line through it. We haven’t been to dolly wood yet but it’s probably posted. TN is super gun friendly and pretty much mirrors TX. You can’t OC there but it is legal for residents. If I’m correct you can carry into bars. We don’t frequent those so I’m not 100%. Check online for the state laws

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

Visit Bud’s Gun Shop and the Smokey Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville.

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Thanks for the input so far...feel free to keep it coming. :tiphat: I was wondering about the Ole Smokey Moonshine Distillery. I'm assuming as long as your not drinking and just on a tour it may be ok to carry, but not sure on that one. I don't know how they have their system set up like our 51% signs. :headscratch

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

You can carry on bars and restaurants. So unless it's specifically posted you can carry
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Thanks Liberty! :cheers2:
So looking forward to this upcoming trip. I have been through Tennessee before, but never stayed there. I have heard nothing but good things about Gatlinburg. :thumbs2:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Other States”