NOBUS is strong with this group

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bbhack
Posts in topic: 2

NOBUS is strong with this group

Post by bbhack »

I was not familiar with the Major Cities Chiefs Assn. The NOBUS is strong. If you're unfamiliar with that term, it means "Nobody but us", as in "nobody but law enforcement should be armed." Are they all that way? Of course not. But the tendency is there. Is this a problem with chiefs more than rank and file? Of course.

Against reciprocity.
https://majorcitieschiefs.com/pdf/news/ ... r_2017.pdf

Idiocy regarding technology, specifically encryption.
https://majorcitieschiefs.com/pdf/news/ ... l_2016.pdf

I'm sure it gets better, but I just started. It is because of these folks that I do not believe retired LEO should have advantages. When they go back to "civy" after retirement, they should know that they have to live with the restrictions they supported.

There actually are police who consider themselves "not civilian".
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NOBUS is strong with this group

Post by LeonCarr »

And guess who their president is?

Just my themostantigunpolicechiefinthecountry .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Topic author
bbhack

Post by bbhack »

At least they do not appear to be cooking their crime stats. That's a good thing. I'm sure Bloomie would like a word with them.

https://majorcitieschiefs.com/pdf/news/ ... _copy1.pdf
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I agree with them on one level. A Federal Reciprocity rule would be contrary to States' rights. But as soon as you start down that path, NFA and everything else that the Federal government has done to infringe gun rights, since they have no Constitutional authority to do it, is also contrary to States' rights. And so is taking land for National parks and a whole host of other things that the Federal government has done besides firearm infringement. You cannot pick and chose when you bring up that argument, at least as far as i'm concerned.

There is another interesting argument - that LEO would not be able to determine a valid permit from another State and would therefore not be able to determine a law-abiding gun carrier from a criminal. If you have ever tried to figure out the bizarre collection of State rules regarding who can drive what type of RV, you understand even many of the officers within a State do not understand that situation. Sometimes, it is based on length while in others it is based on weight. In most cases, an officer has to assume that if I produce a driver's license for my vehicle, it is valid for the type of vehicle that I'm driving as long as it isn't a commercial one. I do admit that Constitutional Carry adds a unique wrinkle to that but in most of the States that have Constitutional Carry, many citizens are still applying for actual permits or licenses to cover them in other States with reciprocity to their own. And today, all of the States that have reciprocity already deal with that exact situation. And in an environment of fake IDs in order to have various names, I have yet to hear of a single instance of a criminal creating a fake concealed carry permit in order to justify their gun, let along trying to pull that off in a State that is different than where they live.

This is just grasping at straws. And it is also proof, at least to me, that law enforcement in major cities is corrupted by politics.
Last edited by chasfm11 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:28 amSometimes, it is based on length while in others it is based on length.
Okay then. :mrgreen: :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

chasfm11:

Is it sometimes based on the height, or the height?

Is it sometimes based on mass, or the mass?

Is it sometimes based on the RV's square footage, or on the square footage?

We're just funnin' with you, our friend. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:40 pm chasfm11:

Is it sometimes based on the height, or the height?

Is it sometimes based on mass, or the mass?

Is it sometimes based on the RV's square footage, or on the square footage?

We're just funnin' with you, our friend. :-)

SIA
Or velocity or charge or temperature or spin...? "rlol" "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

the Coriolis Effect changes everything

sorry, just had to add that

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

OK, OK. As usual, I need an editor to read my posts lest my brain flatulence go initially unnoticed. I fixed that post to make the second "length" into "weight" the way that I originally intended.

At least some of you were paying attention to what I wrote. I appreciate your attention to the detail. :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:17 am OK, OK. As usual, I need an editor to read my posts lest my brain flatulence go initially unnoticed. I fixed that post to make the second "length" into "weight" the way that I originally intended.

At least some of you were paying attention to what I wrote. I appreciate your attention to the detail. :biggrinjester:
Leave it to your buddies to pitch you under the bus, while patting each other on the back for a good toss!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”