LTC Renewal Time

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 12

Re: LTC Renewal Time

Post by RoyGBiv »

jimmiesatx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am Been having a back and forth with DPS. They stated it may take up to 180 days to receive my renewal. They have all required documents, and information but are still stating that it may take that long. If it does I will be out of compliance, and will not be able to legally carry.

All my docs were receive 02/18/2019, and I have since gotten my state rep involved.
You should be able to get one of these via mail in 75 days.
https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

I believe a copy of your current TX license is sufficient for "demonstrating competence". Worked for me a few years ago.
https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/03112.htm
(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RDT806
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RDT806 »

jimmiesatx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am Been having a back and forth with DPS. They stated it may take up to 180 days to receive my renewal. They have all required documents, and information but are still stating that it may take that long. If it does I will be out of compliance, and will not be able to legally carry.

All my docs were receive 02/18/2019, and I have since gotten my state rep involved.
I submitted mine on 2/18 also and was told the same thing. I called my State Rep office on Thursday. On Friday she call me back and said it was taken care of. Went to print the same day. She said they told her that they are busy and they were just processing renewals submitted on 2/14. Not sure I buy it. But.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

RDT806 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm

I submitted mine on 2/18 also and was told the same thing. I called my State Rep office on Thursday. On Friday she call me back and said it was taken care of. Went to print the same day. She said they told her that they are busy and they were just processing renewals submitted on 2/14. Not sure I buy it. But.
Yes, that's a load of hooey. I submitted my renewal on 2/13 and had the new card in hand on 2/26.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

big454
Posts in topic: 15

Post by big454 »

Wow, I had no idea a renewal would take so long. I am even considering getting the Arizona gun permit to have just in case they want to drag their feet to the point of my license expiring. It's unacceptable! What is making certain renewals take a long time? They should only have 45 days to approve or deny. If they need more than 45 days on a renewal with no new information from the last application , then what is really going on ? Hmmm :mad5
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

Pawpaw wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm
RDT806 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Yes, that's a load of hooey. I submitted my renewal on 2/13 and had the new card in hand on 2/26.
I agree

RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

big454 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 pm Wow, I had no idea a renewal would take so long. I am even considering getting the Arizona gun permit to have just in case they want to drag their feet to the point of my license expiring. It's unacceptable! What is making certain renewals take a long time? They should only have 45 days to approve or deny. If they need more than 45 days on a renewal with no new information from the last application , then what is really going on ? Hmmm :mad5
I'm actually about to do that too.

jimmiesatx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimmiesatx »

My state reps office said if I do not hear anything by EOB today to give them a call back.

I am waiting on my app packet from Arizona as well since our state can’t seem to get their stuff together.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RoyGBiv »

jimmiesatx wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm our state can’t seem to get their stuff together.
IMO, TX DPS does a fantastic job most of the time.
It would be interesting to know why these few renewals are hung up. I'm betting there's a reason, not incompetence.

Still.. always good to have a backup plan on something so important.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

big454

Post by big454 »

Called today to see what the status was, even though I could see that on the website there is no update. The lady stated that that have 45 to 180 day to issue the renewal. I stated that to my understanding , it 45 days unless they need new information and obviously that haven't requested any new information. She confirmed that there is no new information needed but repeated that they have 180 days anyways. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said one would call me back . Another thing she told me is that my application didn't not start processing until March 14. I let her know that all my information/renewal was submitted on March 4th and received the email on that same day. She repeated well it started processing on the 14th. Well shall see what is going on . I contacted my representative today, see where this goes. Hmm :confused5
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

big454 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:27 pm Called today to see what the status was, even though I could see that on the website there is no update. The lady stated that that have 45 to 180 day to issue the renewal. I stated that to my understanding , it 45 days unless they need new information and obviously that haven't requested any new information. She confirmed that there is no new information needed but repeated that they have 180 days anyways. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said one would call me back . Another thing she told me is that my application didn't not start processing until March 14. I let her know that all my information/renewal was submitted on March 4th and received the email on that same day. She repeated well it started processing on the 14th. Well shall see what is going on . I contacted my representative today, see where this goes. Hmm :confused5

I ended up having to call my state rep on day 55. She made one phone call and it was print pending the next day. Hopefully you have the same luck.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Did mine online Saturday April 6 and received it today April 19.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

big454

Post by big454 »

puma guy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:41 pm Did mine online Saturday April 6 and received it today April 19.
Wow! Congrats on the quick service! I know that in my family we have several that have the same damn fist n last name . But still wow! I want my renewal explanation for sure now! Still , waiting on mine , submitted March 4th. :txflag:

big454

Post by big454 »

Ok, went back to do a little research on the renewals. Is it me or is there a trend occurring here? The farther you are from Austin , especially if you are to west of Texas , the longer your renewal will take? If this is true then that is bothersome! Look, at the renewals serviced in a quick time. I am from west of Texas , El Paso county.

jimmiesatx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimmiesatx »

After a couple of calls from my state reps office things are finally getting done. The print of my LTC is pending, and I should have it in hand in the very near future.

What has me curious is no new info was needed, or requested, and nothing has changed for me at all. I would love to know what caused the delay. Doubt it was distance as I am in San Antonio.

I am still submitting for the AZ permit as well as a back up.

chamberc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chamberc »

From completing the form online, and having to get fingerprints, it was 3 weeks and 2 days until I had my renewal license in hand.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”