DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Excaliber »

Hack Job wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:05 pm A short drive past Weatherford there's another range, Way Out West. For the extra drive time you get more room and dedicated ranges for pistol, rimfire (steel targets), shotgun, and several distances for rifle.

https://wayoutwestshooting.com/
Thanks!

I'll pay them a visit soon.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

Well fiddlesticks!!
They just informed me at noon, that I am working tomorrow. Hoping to make the next one.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The 3.16.19 Arlington breakfast was attended by bblhd762, Mrs. bblhd762, flightmare, strogg, a Gideon group gentleman, and myself.

Our Gideon friend may sign up on our board by picking a screen name soon. He's a former jarhead, has his LTC, and carries a Smith snubbie, so that screen name is all he's lacking!

Sorry to miss jusme, nano, SigM4, crazy2medic, Excaliber, and other guys. See you next time?

The next breakfast will be April 20, 2019 at 800 AM at the Cracker Barrel on I-20 in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm The 3.16.19 Arlington breakfast was attended by bblhd762, Mrs. bblhd762, flightmare, strogg, a Gideon group gentleman, and myself.

Our Gideon friend may sign up on our board by picking a screen name soon. He's a former jarhead, has his LTC, and carries a Smith snubbie, so that screen name is all he's lacking!

Sorry to miss jusme, nano, SigM4, crazy2medic, Excaliber, and other guys. See you next time?

The next breakfast will be April 20, 2019 at 800 AM at the Cracker Barrel on I-20 in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas.

SIA
I'mn planning on being there.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I'm hoping to make it, they decided, last minute, to run production Saturday, so, I had to be there to insure everything is running. Only worked until noon, and they could have done without me. Unfortunately, it is not the Jusme company, so I am at the mercy of the powers who be.
I plan to make the next one, and will do my best to give any suggestions I can to prevent running, on Saturdays.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm
Reminder
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Thanks for the reminder.

I'll be there.
Excaliber

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hack Job »

I'll be there.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I called this evening to pre-reserve a table for our meeting. The manager on duty said they aren't taking pre reservations for tomorrow because Easter weekend is extremely busy for them, but we can ask for a group table when the first member arrives. I'm planning to be there about 7:50, but if someone gets there first please request the table and let the greeter know how to direct others to it.
Excaliber

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I plan to be there also.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

I will be there. Strogg is not going tomorrow.

I will regale y'all with a very unsettling tale while I was open carrying recently.

SIA

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

You fellas enjoy the meeting, I'd love to be there but I'm a week short of a paycheck and have to watch the $$$
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

surprise_i'm_armed

Today's Weatherford breakfast crowd = 4 of us: Excaliber, Jusme, hackjob, and myself.

We missed the rest of you folks.

Reminders: The next breakfast for the Dallas side of DFW will be Saturday, May 10, 2019 at Rudy's BBQ, northbound Dallas Parkway, just north of Main St, in Frisco, Collin County. Open carry is fine.

The next breakfast for the Fort Worth side of DFW will be Saturday, May 17, 2019 at Rudy's BBQ, 451 I-20, in Arlington. Open carry is fine.

SIA

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:16 pm Today's Weatherford breakfast crowd = 4 of us: Excaliber, Jusme, hackjob, and myself.

Reminders: The next breakfast for the Dallas side of DFW will be Saturday, May 10, 2019 at Rudy's BBQ, northbound Dallas Parkway, just north of Main St, in Frisco, Collin County. Open carry is fine.

The next breakfast for the Fort Worth side of DFW will be Saturday, May 17, 2019 at Rudy's BBQ, 451 I-20, in Arlington. Open carry is fine.

SIA
Hit the range this morning for an opportunity to shoot pistols on moving targets. It was FUN!

You might want to check your calendar, or you may have to change your name to "surprise_I'm_here_on_the_wrong_date" :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

strogg
Posts in topic: 35

Post by strogg »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:16 pm Today's Weatherford breakfast crowd = 4 of us: Excaliber, Jusme, hackjob, and myself.

SIA
Hit the range this morning for an opportunity to shoot pistols on moving targets. It was FUN!

You might want to check your calendar, or you may have to change your name to "surprise_I'm_here_on_the_wrong_date" :biggrinjester:
I ended up spending today celebrating this fine date with a smoke. Well, of meat. In a smoker. It's still in there, actually. I have some juicy short ribs slowly but surely getting up to temperature for dinner tonight.

Next month I'll definitely be at both Rudy's locations barring unforeseen circumstances.

Return to “Off-Topic”