Indy

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Indy

Post by jmorris »

Arrived late Tuesday night, making the drive, with trailer, in two days. Staying at the Indiana State Fairgrounds campground, 15 minutes from the convention center. Helped with store setup today, doing firearms inspection Thursday and Friday.

Going to attend a couple meetings but not the big ones. Can't carry to see Trump/Pence and no where to stash it so that's out. Will attend the member meeting.

Funny, set down in the volunteer break room to eat lunch and was joined by someone from Georgetown.

I'll post pictures of anything interesting.

I grew up north of Indy so visiting relatives was an incentive to come this year. Amazing the number of volunteers I've met who have been doing it every year for years through.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Flightmare

Re: Indy

Post by Flightmare »

I'm flying out Thursday and staying with family in the suburbs. They're going with me on Friday and likely Saturday. They managed to score tickets to the ILA to see Trump/Pence, so I'll be going to that. If anyone else is going and would like to meet up, I'd love to meet more friends from the forum.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

What’s going on in Indy right now?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:30 pm What’s going on in Indy right now?
NRA annual meeting

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

2019 NRA Annual Meeting
Attachments
nra2019
nra2019
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

apostate wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:07 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:30 pm What’s going on in Indy right now?
NRA annual meeting
Ah. Thanks.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

I'm guessing there's going to be a long line in front of the Glock booth to meet their new spokesman.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

fringe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by fringe »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 am I'm guessing there's going to be a long line in front of the Glock booth to meet their new spokesman.
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Pence Slams Bernie During NRA Speech
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbauma ... t-n2545448
Pence said boldly. "Under this administration, and this president, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
...except banning bump stocks and endorsing red flag laws...those infringements are okay.

On to the Sanders Slam:
"The same people who want to restrict the right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding citizens believe the Boston Marathon Bomber should be given the right to vote on death row. Well I’ve got news for you, Bernie Sanders: NOT on our watch!" Pence exclaimed.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

One of the biggest news items to come out of President Trump's speech at the annual NRA forum on Friday was that he is ending the UN Arms Trade Treaty, signed by President Obama in 2013.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... y-n2545451
This treaty, Trump said, "threatened" gun owners' constitutional rights.

"Under my administration we will never surrender American sovereignty to anyone," he vowed. "We will never allow foreign bureaucrats to trample on your Second Amendment freedom."

fringe

Post by fringe »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:50 pm Pence Slams Bernie During NRA Speech
Pence said boldly. "Under this administration, and this president, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
...except banning bump stocks and endorsing red flag laws...those infringements are okay.
"If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

fringe wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:55 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:50 pm Pence Slams Bernie During NRA Speech
"If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."
:roll:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

I'm not impressed. If Trump wanted to further our restricted 2nd amend rights, he wouldn't be banning bump stocks and would issue a Presidential order to lift restrictions on Federal property. The Treaty probably would never be ratified anyway, and has no effect on our day to day rights to own and bear arms.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

fringe

Post by fringe »

Liberty wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:31 pm I'm not impressed. If Trump wanted to further our restricted 2nd amend rights, he wouldn't be banning bump stocks and would issue a Presidential order to lift restrictions on Federal property.
That's true but you can't expect a guy like Trump to care about the rights of little people like us.

Topic author
jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Fringe waking up this thread reminded me it was here. It was fun, played firearm inspector again,talked to lots and lots of people, both vendors and attendees, the guys at Black Rifle Coffee were great as always, and yes, three hours before Chuck was due the line had about 50 people in it. An hour before at least 200.

Wasn't anything thing that stood out though, not enough to write home (forum) about.

Oh, wait, the instructor update. Claim is that the NRA CCW class has (IIRC) fourteen modules and that by picking the right modules an instructor will be able to create a class that will work for their state, for all states.

Huh? Ran out of time before I could question that.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “Off-Topic”