Homeowners 1 burglar 0

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 3

Homeowners 1 burglar 0

Post by Odinvalknir »

Love seeing these stories, bad guy breaks in house, home owners shoot and kill bad guy.

No one of any concern is hurt, no tax dollars spent on repeat felons in and out of jail. Feel good story for Sunday.

Homicide detectives said the homeowners heard noises coming from their back door. They went to go see what was going on and saw their back door was forced open and someone was in their backyard.

Both the husband and wife then started shooting.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/new ... bac741f18b

BJL
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Homeowners 1 burglar 0

Post by BJL »

Awesome!

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

BJL wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:13 amAwesome!
I don’t think the taking of a life is an awesome event. I’m not even sure in this case it was needed.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

The KHOU article is poorly written. ABC 13 says the suspect was killed while breaking in. Channel 2 says "The suspect kicked the homeowners' back door in and that's when the two began to fire at him, police said."

If so, justified.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Scott B. wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:39 am The KHOU article is poorly written. ABC 13 says the suspect was killed while breaking in. Channel 2 says "The suspect kicked the homeowners' back door in and that's when the two began to fire at him, police said."

If so, justified.
Makes more sense.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Scott B. wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:39 am The KHOU article is poorly written. ABC 13 says the suspect was killed while breaking in. Channel 2 says "The suspect kicked the homeowners' back door in and that's when the two began to fire at him, police said."

If so, justified.
The way I read it was they heard a noise, got up to find the back door open and suspect in back yard. But you're right, poorly written article.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

WTR wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:21 am
I don’t think the taking of a life is an awesome event. I’m not even sure in this case it was needed.
No, taking a life isn't awesome. However, I do feel this was probably justified and my thinking is someone who decides to break in and steal, possibly harm someone to earn money instead of working for it like a normal person deserves what they get when breaking into a home. You break or otherwise force entry to my home you're getting shot. No two ways about it, if you break in who is to say you're not going to beat me or harm my children as well. Already commiting a felony for breaking in, why not take it further to felony assault or even murder? If they get out of the house and are them caught by LEO they're gonna spend some time in a place that's probably better than where they came from at the expense of tax dollars. I don't like having to pay tax to welfare, MUCH LESS so criminals can be comfy while incarcerated only to get out and do the same thing again or worse.

Point being, you bust down my door, and end up getting shot... It was very much needed.

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Everyone loses in my opinion. My life is much better if I don’t ever have to discharge my firearm.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I don’t think the taking of a life is awesome
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

If so, justified.
KHOU article made the incident sound like homeowners decided to open fire on a guy in their backyard rather than calling 911.
Professional, reliable journalism is pretty much a rarity these days.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

...and TV stations are the worst at anything written, as my print journalism sister often reminds me.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

ELB

Post by ELB »

I think it’s pretty awesome when an innocent homeowner someone’s up the courage and skill to defend his home. It might not be the Rangers climbing Pointe du Hoc, But it’s not a walk in a park either.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Odinvalknir wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:13 pm
No, taking a life isn't awesome. However, I do feel this was probably justified and my thinking is someone who decides to break in and steal, possibly harm someone to earn money instead of working for it like a normal person deserves what they get when breaking into a home. You break or otherwise force entry to my home you're getting shot. No two ways about it, if you break in who is to say you're not going to beat me or harm my children as well. Already commiting a felony for breaking in, why not take it further to felony assault or even murder? If they get out of the house and are them caught by LEO they're gonna spend some time in a place that's probably better than where they came from at the expense of tax dollars. I don't like having to pay tax to welfare, MUCH LESS so criminals can be comfy while incarcerated only to get out and do the same thing again or worse.

Point being, you bust down my door, and end up getting shot... It was very much needed.

:iagree:

I hope to never be put into a position, where I am forced, by the actions of others to use deadly force. The homeowners, did nothing more than be the homeowners. A criminal, made the decision, to try and invade that home. At that point, he, was directly responsible for the outcome.
I am a law abiding citizen, just like these particular homeowners. I will not invade another's home, nor do anything else, that would put me in the position of the deceased BG. But I will defend myself, my family, and my home from those, who do not value their own lives. How can I believe they would value those of me and mine? JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Jusme wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:16 pm
I hope to never be put into a position, where I am forced, by the actions of others to use deadly force. The homeowners, did nothing more than be the homeowners. A criminal, made the decision, to try and invade that home. At that point, he, was directly responsible for the outcome.
I am a law abiding citizen, just like these particular homeowners. I will not invade another's home, nor do anything else, that would put me in the position of the deceased BG. But I will defend myself, my family, and my home from those, who do not value their own lives. How can I believe they would value those of me and mine? JMHO
Well put Jusme. I totally agree. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

channel 13 had the story on tonight (I'm visiting my parents).
The homeowners are pastors, they grieve the loss of life, but....
The unwanted person had broken into the home, was in the home and that is when they shot him.
Seems like a justified shooting.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “The Crime Blotter”