Seattle is Dying

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Seattle is Dying

Post by BigGuy »

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe."
—Thomas Jefferson

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:24 pm While Trump trolls, Yakima delivers. https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 5b7ba96221
The City of Seattle is asking Yakima County and state corrections officials why newly released prisoners were dropped off underneath Interstate 5 in a downtown area just blocks from city hall.
:anamatedbanana
Maybe they need their votes.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:36 am https://www.mikehuckabee.com/latest-new ... 4324B637F4

Hour long documentary about Seattle. It’s about a city where progressives are in charge.
As went Freeattle, so now goes Dallas.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad very sad!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Colion does a good job exposing SF homeless machine.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:24 pm While Trump trolls, Yakima delivers. https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 5b7ba96221
The City of Seattle is asking Yakima County and state corrections officials why newly released prisoners were dropped off underneath Interstate 5 in a downtown area just blocks from city hall.
:anamatedbanana
But, but Seattle is a Proud Sanctuary City!! So, what is the problem?
After President Donald Trump threatened to send immigrants into “sanctuary cities” across the country, the mayor of Seattle responded that her city “isn’t afraid of immigrants.”
From: http://time.com/5570144/seattle-sanctua ... mmigrants/
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

jason812

Post by jason812 »

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle-el ... less-crime

EYE ON THE NEWS
The Wrong Narrative
Seattle elites show little sympathy for a woman raped by a homeless man.
Christopher F. Rufo
May 3, 2019
A year ago, in Seattle, a man living in a city-funded homeless encampment raped a woman in the bathroom of a Volkswagen dealership in the city’s Ballard neighborhood. Christopher Teel had arrived from Texas as a transient and was evading multiple warrants, but the city-sanctioned encampment welcomed him without conducting a criminal-background check.

The story caused a sensation, with wide media coverage and public demands for increased security measures, but the crime victim remained silent and her identity was kept secret. Nearly a year later, the victim, Lindsey, contacted me. After being raped, she had approached city leaders and met with the sitting councilman for nearly an hour but was received, she says, with dismissiveness. Teel’s crime against her did not fit the preferred narrative of compassion for the homeless, so the political class downplayed it. By the time Lindsey reached out to me, she was ready to speak out.
This will make you puke
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TAM is spot on correct, as he frequently is.

I am glad that Mrs. Oldgringo and I were able to share our 77th birthdays together, with our 2 rescue cats and dog, in our modest RV in San Antonio, Davis Mountain State Park, et al, last February. With any luck at all, we won't be around to see the collapse of our once great republic.

Good luck, y'all! :tiphat:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

http://komonews.com/news/local/report-m ... g-the-area

People leaving Seattle is up 1500% from last year.

They give a lot of reasons, but CHAZ wasn’t one of them.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:12 pm TAM is spot on correct, as he frequently is.

I am glad that Mrs. Oldgringo and I were able to share our 77th birthdays together, with our 2 rescue cats and dog, in our modest RV in San Antonio, Davis Mountain State Park, et al, last February. With any luck at all, we won't be around to see the collapse of our once great republic.

Good luck, y'all! :tiphat:

:grumble

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

because they have no shame at all.
THIS is the problem. Shaming others is something the Left does at every opportunity, but they themselves know no shame. A couple of generations ago, the occasional Grandma slap, spankings and other behavior redirection methods that involved shame produced much different results and a relatively stable society. Hard work played a part too, of course. "Kinder, gentler" parenting and discipline aren't, and society is bearing its fruit now, particularly in Progressive enclaves where shame is something others should feel.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I wonder when the ignorant millineal, idiotic, fascist protestors in that city will discover it's named after a slave owner, start the burning again and demand it's name be changed?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

And then I keep seeing that Biden is ahead in the polls. At first I thought this was just equine based fertilizer, but watching the liberal dems destroy major cities with absolutely no blowback from their constituents, I wonder. Actually I'm afraid. I've listened for years about the "coming Civil war." I always assumed that if it happened, the first shots would be fired by God fearing, gun toting country boys. Now I wonder if it has already started and the first shots were fired by BLM and Antifa.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... emo-shows/

Seattle Police now not investigating new adult sexual assaults this year.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:27 pm https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... emo-shows/

Seattle Police now not investigating new adult sexual assaults this year.
It makes sense to a Democrat. If there are fewer police reports taken of sexual assaults, the city will appear safer.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Return to “Off-Topic”