Almost perfect, again, but worse this time.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Almost perfect, again, but worse this time.

Post by C-dub »

Two months sgo my gun club had so many people that wanted into the Wednesday night skeet that they started another up on Thursdays. Finally! I got in and somehow they even elected me as team captain.

A year ow so ago, when shooting with Pawpaw, AndyC, and my daughter I shot 24/25.

Last night I was on my way to my first straight and MISSED the LAST bird. :grumble :cryin

I haven’t run all the numbers yet. Roughly, I think I averaged 20.** - 22.**. It was only a 6-week league, but I think I picked up about 2 birds per round from the beginning to the end.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

omegaman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Almost perfect, again, but worse this time.

Post by omegaman »

Way to go C-dub. I, too am striving for my first 25-round.

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Sooooo Close!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Not bad. NEXT time!! :thumbs2: :fire
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Next time shoot the last one first!! :fire

Just kidding, I know how frustrating that must be. Like a pitcher with a perfect game until he gives up a hit to the 27th batter.

That's still better than I have ever done. Great job. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Good shooting, C-dub! You'll get that straight patch; I have no doubt. I remember the first time I saw you shoot. You had a short barreled 12 ga as I remember and the club had to check out your gun. You were the fastest shot I'd ever seen beside my cousin with whom I used to shoot league skeet, many many years ago. I never accomplished a 25 straight. I averaged 22-23 and once had a straight going, but I missed the #7 LOW HOUSE of all things. :lol: My twin brother was a dead eye. He switched to a Winchester 101 in .410 and got a 100 straight patch with that SG.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:04 am Good shooting, C-dub! You'll get that straight patch; I have no doubt. I remember the first time I saw you shoot. You had a short barreled 12 ga as I remember and the club had to check out your gun..
Still shooting that Benelli 3-gun. It would not be acceptable for a sanctioned match, but is okay for club stuff. Maybe I’ll get myself a longer barrel for it one of these days, but I just got a new pelican case for it and did the cutout for the shorter barrel. Or I could just try the 20 gauge O/U I got for my daughter to use. Since she discovered boys it’s been left in the safe and hasn’t been out to play in quite awhile now.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:04 am You're an excellent shot and I have no doubt that you'll go straight soon (ok, that sounded weird...) :lol:

Just a note - it's far more challenging for guys like us who shoot Olympic-style with the gun unmounted; I'm far more impressed with anyone who gets in the 20s unmounted than someone who goes straight with a mounted gun, but that's just me.
I was able to get home in time before my wife took off for work and I told her about almost going straight. She took it well and was also encouraging that I'll get there some day soon.
"rlol"

That does crack me up too. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:42 pm Cutting that long hair might help too :cool:
Hmmm, maybe. We'll see, but if I go straight with long hair good luck getting me to cut it. If I go straight with long hair would you consider letting yours grow out to see if you'd go straight?

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:39 pm I'm already straight, hair or no :mrgreen: - you're on your own :lol:
"rlol"

:thumbs2:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:26 am
puma guy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:04 am Good shooting, C-dub! You'll get that straight patch; I have no doubt. I remember the first time I saw you shoot. You had a short barreled 12 ga as I remember and the club had to check out your gun..
Still shooting that Benelli 3-gun. It would not be acceptable for a sanctioned match, but is okay for club stuff. Maybe I’ll get myself a longer barrel for it one of these days, but I just got a new pelican case for it and did the cutout for the shorter barrel. Or I could just try the 20 gauge O/U I got for my daughter to use. Since she discovered boys it’s been left in the safe and hasn’t been out to play in quite awhile now.
I was going to ask how li'l dub was shooting these days. As the father of three daughter's I sympathize. Just a word to the wise. My biggest mistake was not starting wedding accounts along with college savings accounts.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:26 am
I was going to ask how li'l dub was shooting these days. As the father of three daughter's I sympathize. Just a word to the wise. My biggest mistake was not starting wedding accounts along with college savings accounts.
She'd okay. Rough year this year in school. Four AP classes and Pre-AP Pre-Calculus. And a new language because she maxed out on Spanish. One more year to go before college.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”