4 Texans sentenced for 654 Beretta's stolen from UPS in Missouri.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 3
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

4 Texans sentenced for 654 Beretta's stolen from UPS in Missouri.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Federa ... 98301.html

4 DFW men have been sentenced for stealing 600 Beretta .380 pistols and 54 Beretta shotguns.
This link details how they were able to do this, even with the UPS staff doing their best to prevent it.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 4 Texans sentenced for 654 Beretta's stolen from UPS in Missouri.

Post by bblhd672 »

2 more Texans guilty and awaiting sentencing.
Co-defendants Raynord Hunt, 36, and Keith Lowe, 29, both of Dallas, have pleaded guilty to the same charges and await sentencing.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Earlier story about the arrests:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... rities-say

Very few of the weapons recovered.
http://www.stjosephpost.com/2019/05/21/ ... recovered/
According to court documents, the defendants stole 600 Beretta .380-caliber handguns and 54 Beretta 12-gauge shotguns
A federal prosecutor says authorities have recovered only 73 of the hand guns and 12-gauge shotguns.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

bblhd762:

Thank you for the extra links. It's nice to put pix with the bad guys' names.

SIA

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I thought firearm theft was a 10 year mistake in federal court. If so, then seven years is a bit on the light side.

Chas.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 pm I thought firearm theft was a 10 year mistake in federal court. If so, then seven years is a bit on the light side.

Chas.
Especially for 654 counts of firearms theft!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 pm I thought firearm theft was a 10 year mistake in federal court. If so, then seven years is a bit on the light side.

Chas.

:iagree:

If I'm not mistaken, each firearm, is worth ten years. That's 654 years, even if you divvy it up, between all co-conspirators it should be a lot more than 7 years apiece. Just sayin...
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:03 pm bblhd762:

Thank you for the extra links. It's nice to put pix with the bad guys' names.

SIA
Ya that was a good read on how they caught them.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

That would be 6,540 years not 654 so divided between them about 1,000 years each, rounded off.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

LDB415 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 pm That would be 6,540 years not 654 so divided between them about 1,000 years each, rounded off.
I’d offer them a plea deal down to 500 years with parole after 200 years of good behavior.

cheezit
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cheezit »

Chas.
Not only that but if memory serves me correctly, UPS is still considered US mail and tampering with it is also Fed time.

Mel

Post by Mel »

cheezit wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 pm
Chas.
Not only that but if memory serves me correctly, UPS is still considered US mail and tampering with it is also Fed time.
I believe you might be thinking of USPS. To the best of my knowledge, UPS is not part of the US mail. It is an independent Parcel delivery Service.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

cheezit
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cheezit »

Mel wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:28 am
cheezit wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 pm
Chas.
I believe you might be thinking of USPS. To the best of my knowledge, UPS is not part of the US mail. It is an independent Parcel delivery Service.
They are indeed independent, however they routinely ship interstate. So any package that crossed state lines could be charged as " theft of interstate shipment" federal mail crime.
One of the unless things I learned while working there in collage.

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed

They do not appear to be involved in this thread's case, but United States Postal Inspectors many times work with other LEO's in order to make a case for interstate felonies. If any documents related to a crime have been mailed via the USPS, the Postal Inspectors work behind the scenes to gather evidence.

There is a particular type of scam where the phone boiler room scammers know enough not to use the Post Office to send any documents, or receive payments in the mail. What they do to collect their "police benevolent association contributions" is they either use their own people to drive to your house to get the money, or they tell the "marks" to send in the money via a non-government company such as Fedex, UPS, LSO (Lone Star Overnight), or other courier companies.

Although contributors may think they are helping police organizations with their money, the boiler room operators may be taking 90% or higher for their service fees. Just say no.

SIA

Return to “The Crime Blotter”