TX:The mean streets of Houston - random mom murdered in front of kids

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 562

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/vide ... ston-h-e-b

Man punches 88 year old woman outside very nice HEB near Greenway Plaza. "he ruined the rest of my life".

Man appears homeless. Not likely an immigrant, but native born.

Watch the video. Just horrible. So if an armed LTC was there, what would be the appropriate action to take? Aid and assist the woman?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... police-say

Home invasion by 4 masked men at 1:30 am, homeowner held at gunpoint while house ransacked for money. Son escape through back window and gets neighbor who calls police. They shot the man's dog. Fortunately dog is recovering. BG got spooked and left with money and a cell phone.

Probably more to this story.

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joe817 »

Is all of this happening throughout the city, or is it concentrated in a few bad areas?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

joe817 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:18 pm Is all of this happening throughout the city, or is it concentrated in a few bad areas?
Houston is like anywhere else there are good and bad areas. Your radar usually tells you where you are.

That said the woman who was punched ( watch the video ) happened at an HEB that services some of the more expensive areas of town. That happening there was quite a surprise. But if you notice it was a homeless person. They tend to hang out where there is traffic to get handouts.

That said although crime is suppose to be getting better. I’m not seeing it here in Houston. To me it is worse.

I was in Paris, France 15 years ago, in side the loop freeway that was the historic part of town, it was beautiful everywhere I looked. I later told people I stayed near Guarde du Nor, the North train station. Everyone was shocked I was still alive, as that was a bad part of town.

The beauty of Paris had switched off my radar.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:09 am https://abc13.com/man-killed-75-year-ol ... d/5309919/

Man sleeping in his truck in her neighborhood past few days, was having trouble with his truck so asked a 75 year old woman for some help. She said no and so he stabbed her to death.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/homeless- ... randmother

More details of the story. Man went to the door of a 75 year old grandmother of 6. Her husband is in a nursing home. She opened the door just a crack to see what the man wanted, he wanted money to buy a new battery for the pick up truck had stolen and was sleeping in. She told him she was elderly and couldn’t afford to help him. That’s when he stabbed her in the chest and forced his way in. He went into the kitchen to find a bigger knife since she wasn’t dead. She tried to leave the house so he grabbed her and forced her back into the house where he stabbed her 40 times over the next hour till she died. He ate in the home. He took money and credit cards from her purse stole her car. Paid his cell phone bills with her credit card. Was caught as he returned to her house in he car.

The Mexican National has confesssd to her torture and murder. Though his attorney he has now expressed his right to remain silent, so it is unknown at this time whether he is in the country legally.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:28 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/new- ... ivist-says

Little girl kidnapped after car broke down or something update:

Quannel X waited until news was not 24/7 weather to bring Mom into the public eye.

1. Not a stepdad, but a boy friend and had a fight with boy friend and returned his ring and said she wouldn’t marry him. Still left daughter with him while she left town for her mom’s funeral.

2. Car found, looking for surveillance tape of who dropped it off.

3. Police would like boy friend to help with a sketch artist to help identify kidnappers, but they can’t reach him.

4. Quannel X is involved.

5. Comments section - says little girl hadn’t been dropped of at daycare since April. Suggests police check for him at his work.
Quannel X is no longer representing the Mom due to inconsistencies with the Mom's story.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/quan ... vis-mother

I guess Quannel X's delay in bringing the Mom into the public eye may not have been to let the weather news die down. May have been because Mom didn't want to talk to anyone as she was trying to concoct her own story.

Poor little girl. RIP

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/men- ... police-say

Men identifying them selves as DEA agents attempted to gain entry into a home in Pearland. Dressed in black with handguns, DEA printed on their shirts and black face masks they looked imposing. Driving a black Suburban as well. They demanded entry and said they had a warrant.

The homeowner responded “the police have been called” and so they left.

The homeowner has watched enough television to know that the DEA arrives armored vehicles with battering rams and automatic rifles.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am
philip964 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:28 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/new- ... ivist-says

Little girl kidnapped after car broke down or something update:

Quannel X waited until news was not 24/7 weather to bring Mom into the public eye.

1. Not a stepdad, but a boy friend and had a fight with boy friend and returned his ring and said she wouldn’t marry him. Still left daughter with him while she left town for her mom’s funeral.

2. Car found, looking for surveillance tape of who dropped it off.

3. Police would like boy friend to help with a sketch artist to help identify kidnappers, but they can’t reach him.

4. Quannel X is involved.

5. Comments section - says little girl hadn’t been dropped of at daycare since April. Suggests police check for him at his work.
Quannel X is no longer representing the Mom due to inconsistencies with the Mom's story.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/quan ... vis-mother

I guess Quannel X's delay in bringing the Mom into the public eye may not have been to let the weather news die down. May have been because Mom didn't want to talk to anyone as she was trying to concoct her own story.

Poor little girl. RIP
https://www.click2houston.com/news/deri ... as-counsel

Ex boyfriend’s attorney requests to withdraw as counsel.

I guess, the attorney’s plan that he would save him the death penalty, if he told the police where the little girls body was didn’t work out. Shame.

striker55
Posts in topic: 19

Post by striker55 »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:11 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/men- ... police-say

Men identifying them selves as DEA agents attempted to gain entry into a home in Pearland. Dressed in black with handguns, DEA printed on their shirts and black face masks they looked imposing. Driving a black Suburban as well. They demanded entry and said they had a warrant.

The homeowner has watched enough television to know that the DEA arrives armored vehicles with battering rams and automatic rifles.
That's crazy, after the fiasco with the Houston PD and now this is anyone safe to open the door?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:15 pm
joe817 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:18 pm Is all of this happening throughout the city, or is it concentrated in a few bad areas?
Houston is like anywhere else there are good and bad areas. Your radar usually tells you where you are.

That said the woman who was punched ( watch the video ) happened at an HEB that services some of the more expensive areas of town. That happening there was quite a surprise. But if you notice it was a homeless person. They tend to hang out where there is traffic to get handouts.

That said although crime is suppose to be getting better. I’m not seeing it here in Houston. To me it is worse.

I was in Paris, France 15 years ago, in side the loop freeway that was the historic part of town, it was beautiful everywhere I looked. I later told people I stayed near Guarde du Nor, the North train station. Everyone was shocked I was still alive, as that was a bad part of town.

I was there 15 years ago too! But we stayed in the apartment of a former French Supreme Court justice, in a very nice neighborhood. As a child, I lived in the 16th arrondissement for a little over a year...which was also a nice area. Paris IS a beautiful city, but it’s biggest problem is that it’s full of unreasonable French people. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:47 am
philip964 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:15 pm

I was there 15 years ago too! But we stayed in the apartment of a former French Supreme Court justice, in a very nice neighborhood. As a child, I lived in the 16th arrondissement for a little over a year...which was also a nice area. Paris IS a beautiful city, but it’s biggest problem is that it’s full of unreasonable French people. :mrgreen:
Another French story with my Radar switched off. I’m in Rouen, France ( nice beautiful little city hit hard by WW2 in Normandy area )

Sitting at an outdoor cafe having lunch with friends on the sidewalk, a elderly man in a wheel chair is coming up the narrow street, the street has a slight incline. A BMW 5 series sedan pulls up right behind him may be a foot away from his chair and begins reving his engine in an attempt to make him move faster ( yes a BMW ). Everyone on the side walk is looking, a waitress shouts something in French at the man on the passenger side with the window down.

I get mad and stand up and stare at them. The only other man in our group who knows France much better yells at me to sit down. I finally do but not before noticing the scar on the man I could see that ran from the end of his mouth to his ear.

After I sit down, the other male friend at the table chastises me for trying to get him killed. I would have had to try and rescue you from those two French gangsters. Are you crazy?

Two white guys in a 5 series BMW, in Houston - jerks, in France jerks and gangsters.

Keep your radar on when you vacation overseas.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/male ... o-arkansas

Remains found in Arkansas where ex boyfriend said they would be.

Quannel X apparently got the ex boyfriend to confess.

Not sure if it will hold up in court.

Oh she accidentally died.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://abc13.com/men-pretending-to-be- ... n/5324714/

Men pretending to be police force their way into a women’s home. She gets her gun and they have a shoot out. She ends up being wounded in the exchange.

grnamin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by grnamin »

IDK. They looked like they were part of the DEA's elite luchador squadron.
philip964 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:11 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/men- ... police-say

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/vide ... graduation

Brawl breaks out at Aldine High School graduation. Woman holding a baby throws a punch at man on ground. On video. Wow. Its really this bad in Houston now.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”