TX: brass knuckles, kitty keychain etc ban lifted...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Re: TX: brass knuckles, kitty keychain etc ban lifted...

Post by bblhd672 »

Signed by the Governor on 5/26, will go into effect 9/1/19
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

chewy555
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chewy555 »

I am guessing that batons will be legal as they are seen as clubs now. Anyone hear anything different?
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

philip964

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:16 pm
AndyC wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:48 am
AUSTIN — Texas lawmakers have passed legislation lifting the state ban on brass knuckles, kitty keychains and other self defense items.

The Texas Senate gave the bill its final OK on Wednesday morning; it now heads to Gov. Greg Abbott for his signature or veto.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-l ... botts-desk
ok..what is a kitty keychain?
Thank you for asking as I don’t know either.

So those collapsible battons would be legal to carry?

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LucasMcCain »

I would love to carry a collapsible baton in locations where I can't carry my gun. If I had to defend myself without a firearm, I would much rather do so with a baton than a knife.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LucasMcCain wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:26 am I would love to carry a collapsible baton in locations where I can't carry my gun. If I had to defend myself without a firearm, I would much rather do so with a baton than a knife.
Me some too!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

LucasMcCain wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:26 am I would love to carry a collapsible baton in locations where I can't carry my gun. If I had to defend myself without a firearm, I would much rather do so with a baton than a knife.
Or pepper spray, for that matter.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

It is good to have options between a harsh look and bang.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

oljames3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:29 pm It is good to have options between a harsh look and bang.
My thought exactly. Pulling the trigger may be necessary, but things start getting really complicated immediately afterwards.
J.R.@A&M wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:00 pm
LucasMcCain wrote: I would love to carry a collapsible baton in locations where I can't carry my gun. If I had to defend myself without a firearm, I would much rather do so with a baton than a knife.
Or pepper spray, for that matter.
As long as Texas is windy, I’ll pass. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MP(Ret)95B

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

I'm an ASP instructor (from my LEO days).
Would sure be nice to carry one like the executive bodyguards carry as a non-lethal weapon (even though it can be lethal in the wrong hands).
<MP>

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

MP(Ret)95B wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 pm I'm an ASP instructor (from my LEO days).
Would sure be nice to carry one like the executive bodyguards carry as a non-lethal weapon (even though it can be lethal in the wrong hands).
<MP>
Is the risk of lethality primarily from hitting someone in the head, or are there other areas that can be deadly?

Let's go Brandon.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

LucasMcCain wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:49 am
Is the risk of lethality primarily from hitting someone in the head, or are there other areas that can be deadly?
Strikes to the head, neck, groin, various locations on the torso can all be deadly. In a recent licensed security guard class we were taught to strike with the baton to only upper/lower arms, upper/lower legs.

Remember, deadly force doesn't necessarily mean death, it also includes serious bodily harm. A strike to the groin is not only extremely painful, it can be considered using deadly force.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Also a strike to the throat if you fracture the larynx it will swell closed and they will suffocate!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

Good to know. Thanks guys.

Let's go Brandon.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

MP(Ret)95B wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 pm I'm an ASP instructor (from my LEO days).
<MP>
As a LEO, I took an ASP class, to become certified to carry it. I really liked it, for less than lethal use. We were taught common peroneal ( spelling may be incorrect) strikes, just above the knee, on the outer part of the leg, which, if done correctly, can cause both knees to buckle, putting someone on the ground for easier, control.
I carried mine cross draw. A flick of the wrist, and it was fully deployed, and in striking position. It eerily sounds like a shotgun being racked, which was often times, enough to stop whatever shenanigans we're happening.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

MP(Ret)95B

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

I carried mine cross draw also. You are right about the sound of a baton being deployed. Do it right and it does cause people to stop and look...and listen to what you are telling them to do.
Might have to buy me a small one to carry as a non-lethal alternative to a firearm.
<MP>

Return to “Off-Topic”