Nobody but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OneGun
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Nobody but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Post by OneGun »

If I enjoy watermelons and I grow my own, am I insulting people of color by growing watermelons? If I am, that who is allowed to grow watermelons? Can I purchase from them?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

Has Boston University asked for their diploma back yet?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 35

Post by bblhd672 »

C-dub wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:08 pm Has Boston University asked for their diploma back yet?
BU will probably bestow an honorary doctorate to her.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

philip964 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:46 pm

AOC implies on a video that Cauliflower is racist. She says it’s Colonial.

Remember we Caucasians colonized America, that was a bad thing. Wants urban gardens to have- she named some people of color vegetable.
I knew there was a reason I don't like cauliflower.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 213

Post by philip964 »

https://babylonbee.com/news/ocasio-cort ... r-anything

Can’t find the free market everyone is talking about where all the groceries are free. Babylon Bee.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

we've known about crop rotation for at least 8000 years. mono-cropping is usually done for economic/business reasons and supported by use of fertilizer.

What I want to know is: Is crop rotation in urban gardens really a thing? :evil2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Grumpy1993 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:56 pm we've known about crop rotation for at least 8000 years. mono-cropping is usually done for economic/business reasons and supported by use of fertilizer.

What I want to know is: Is crop rotation in urban gardens really a thing? :evil2:
I think it depends on whether they're growing something to eat or something to smoke.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 35

Post by bblhd672 »

Man takes selfie with AOC and her brother....

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RSX11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RSX11 »

Can’t find the free market everyone is talking about where all the groceries are free. Babylon Bee.
This reminds me - a couple months back, I went on a riverboat cruise in the Netherlands and Belgium. One of the cities we stopped in was Arnhem - site of the famous "Bridge Too Far" battle in WWII, where the IX and X SS Panzer Divisions stopped an attempt by the Allies to outflank and cut off the German forces, and end the war by Christmas . I had to explain to more than a few people on the cruise that the "Operation Market Garden" (the name of the Allied operation) excursion tour was going to have neither a Market, nor a Garden...

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

AOC says Americans' right to a home trumps workers' 'privilege' to earn profit. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez thinks having a home should be a human right.

During a recent town hall in the Bronx, New York, the freshman lawmaker suggested the right to own a home should take precedence over someone’s ability to make a profit.
Profit is a "privilege"? Profit is earned! Owning a Home is not a Right, at least in the US Constitution. I agree with reducing the number of homeless. But property ownership is not a Right.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 213

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/aoc-on-trumps-wi ... 28620.html

AOC being shown as a real leader not just as an air head in the photo. Pressure builds to impeach Trump because he would accept political dirt.

Where is that Green New Deal girl we loved. I hope Washington has not changed you.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 4

Post by chasfm11 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:39 am
philip964 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:46 pm

AOC implies on a video that Cauliflower is racist. She says it’s Colonial.

Remember we Caucasians colonized America, that was a bad thing. Wants urban gardens to have- she named some people of color vegetable.
I knew there was a reason I don't like cauliflower.
I just did some research and concluded that some of the most "learned" of the Liberals have their brain matter derived from granite just like AOC.

In the video, the Liberal Sherpa mentions several crops as replacements for cauliflower. One of them is plantains.

From this link
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-plan ... 56759.html

comes the information that in order to produce, plantains must have 10-15 months of freeze free conditions. While that might work in parts of Commiefornia or Florida, it isn't going to work for us cauliflower growers in Texas.

They both mention yuca, which is now a trendy food in some areas (not to be confused with yucca). It grows in tropical and sub-tropical areas. I'm sure that you would get a bumper crop of yuca in Northern Minnesota..... :biggrinjester:

But then there is cultural appropriation. Yuca is apparently a staple in Puerto Rico. So if I as an old white male start growing it and eating and, heaven forbid selling it to someone else, do I run the risk of a SJW boycott like the two white women got when they opened a restaurant in Oregon with recipes from Mexico that they researched?

I agree with Carlson. There are so many SJW rules, it is hard to keep them all straight.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”