Texas: San Antonio needs French speaking volunteers

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Texas: San Antonio needs French speaking volunteers

Post by philip964 »

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/san-ant ... from-congo

This was on Infowars. I generally don't try and post his stories. So this is from a local news source in San Antonio. The Infowars story was more agitated.

The reason San Antonio needs French speaking volunteers is that immigrants from the Congo are being dropped off in San Antonio. This article says 50 now 350 on the way.

Is this ICE dropping them off?

Info wars concern is this is where the Ebola outbreak is right now.

If you remember the last time, was it a Dallas hospital that the person came to and they were unprepared for a suspected Ebola case?

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas: San Antonio needs French speaking volunteers

Post by Flightmare »

This was a topic of discussion at breakfast in Frisco this morning.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

wil

Post by wil »

philip964 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:23 am https://www.ksat.com/news/local/san-ant ... from-congo

This was on Infowars. I generally don't try and post his stories. So this is from a local news source in San Antonio. The Infowars story was more agitated.

The reason San Antonio needs French speaking volunteers is that immigrants from the Congo are being dropped off in San Antonio. This article says 50 now 350 on the way.

If you remember the last time, was it a Dallas hospital that the person came to and they were unprepared for a suspected Ebola case?
yes they were brought to dallas. I'm not sure if dallas is one of the hospitals with a bed capable of dealing with ebola.
Evidently there are only 13 or 14 hospital beds within the entire country capable of dealing with something on the scale of ebola.

Given the characteristics of ebola and it's mortality rate, if it gets loose in this country it will probably not be stopped and we might actually see something on the scale of the plague in the middle ages.

Deliberately letting these people in from a place like that is beyond words, the danger it places the public in.

It is the same danger with the mexican border. I don't know what, if any, real inspection or quarantine abilities mexico has.
My suspicion is damn little if any real quarantine, all it takes is one ebola case to make it into mexico and one or more infected illegals to bring it here undetected.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

wil wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:55 am
philip964 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:23 am https://www.ksat.com/news/local/san-ant ... from-congo

yes they were brought to dallas. I'm not sure if dallas is one of the hospitals with a bed capable of dealing with ebola.
Evidently there are only 13 or 14 hospital beds within the entire country capable of dealing with something on the scale of ebola.

Given the characteristics of ebola and it's mortality rate, if it gets loose in this country it will probably not be stopped and we might actually see something on the scale of the plague in the middle ages.

Deliberately letting these people in from a place like that is beyond words, the danger it places the public in.

It is the same danger with the mexican border. I don't know what, if any, real inspection or quarantine abilities mexico has.
My suspicion is damn little if any real quarantine, all it takes is one ebola case to make it into mexico and one or more infected illegals to bring it here undetected.
Dallas was totally unprepared to deal properly with Ebola. The hospital staff was pitifully under-trained in how to properly deal with the necessary biohazard isolation. These illegals immigrants should not be permitted into the US. Send the CDC to Mexico and quarantine them for 30 days.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

I doubt the dialect of "French" they need translating is anything anyone around here is capable of.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

TAM: Does your French connection include French fluency? Do you fancy a contract assignment in SA?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... order.html
In Congo, the ebola epidemic is back. Axios has a disturbing chart showing a sharp arc upward based on Congolese government data. Total cases have gone to from virtually nothing last August to 2,031 now — and the data suggest that the trend has not peaked.

That's news, because right now, Congolese migrants have begun crossing our unguarded southern border in large numbers.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/not-real-news-re ... 55675.html

No Ebola in Texas - fake news.

Just unfounded rumors.

Move along nothing to see here.

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

AndyC wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:43 am Congolese French isn't that far-removed from normal French; a Congolese lady at work and I chat from time to time and I've yet to notice anything unusual, but my French is only at the level of a 10-yr old.
Seems to be correct. I just called some up on YouTube. It is remarkably Parisian, but of course, those are people on Congolese TV - they would be very polished. Nevertheless, with that as a basis, I bet that the rest of it is not that far off international averages.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.infowars.com/u-s-cities-ove ... countries/

Some Congo refugees being resettled to West Coast.

Caution infowars, so has a conservative bias maybe.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/health/ug ... bola-death

Uganda tightens border. Bans public gatherings.

Return to “Off-Topic”