Childrens Dallas???

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TomV
Posts in topic: 1

Childrens Dallas???

Post by TomV »

Children's Dallas is not listed on 3006.com as being posted.

On their own website they state they are a primary teaching hospital for UTSW.

Do they need to post since they are a hospital? Or not since they are an educational facility?

If not due to their affiliation with UTSW, then how does the new upcoming campus carry law affect them?

This is getting way too convoluted.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tlt
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Childrens Dallas???

Post by tlt »

Now we all already know that Hospitals are off limits. Despite the oversight of the signage which you should inquire about. While I don't agree with the gun free zone, why does this keep coming up?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

tlt wrote:Now we all already know that Hospitals are off limits. Despite the oversight of the signage which you should inquire about. While I don't agree with the gun free zone, why does this keep coming up?
Because hospitals are NOT off limits unless posted 30.06/07
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

RoyGBiv wrote:
tlt wrote:Now we all already know that Hospitals are off limits. Despite the oversight of the signage which you should inquire about. While I don't agree with the gun free zone, why does this keep coming up?
:iagree: Right you are, Roy!

tlt, Why don't you cut & paste the law that says hospitals are off limits. Be sure to include everything down to paragraph (i) when you do. Thanks. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Ipconfig

Post by Ipconfig »

healthinsp wrote:Children's Dallas is not listed on 3006.com as being posted.

Do they need to post since they are a hospital? Or not since they are an educational facility?

If not due to their affiliation with UTSW, then how does the new upcoming campus carry law affect them?

I work for UTNE and we are an accredited college campus and I pretty sure UTSW is too. If so it is a college campus and will be off limits until next year. There are alot of internal emails about Campus Carry for next year and so far it seems they are going to comply as much as possible with the new laws.

txcharvel

Post by txcharvel »

Ipconfig wrote:
healthinsp wrote:Children's Dallas is not listed on 3006.com as being posted.

I work for UTNE and we are an accredited college campus and I pretty sure UTSW is too. If so it is a college campus and will be off limits until next year. There are alot of internal emails about Campus Carry for next year and so far it seems they are going to comply as much as possible with the new laws.
Children's is a teaching hospital for UTSW but it's not a campus or state owned facility. UTSW simply supplies the docs.

If it's posted, then no carry. Otherwise carry on.

tlt

Post by tlt »

Pawpaw wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:08 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:

tlt, Why don't you cut & paste the law that says hospitals are off limits. Be sure to include everything down to paragraph (i) when you do. Thanks. :tiphat:
Sec. 46.035 creates offenses for carrying a handgun by a license holder on certain premises under certain conditions, including in plain view in a public place, at an institution of higher educationwhere it is prohibited, at a business that derives at least 51 percent of its income from alcohol sales, at a hospital or nursing facility, in an amusement park, or at a place of worship.An offense under this section is a class A misdemeanor, except if it occurred at a business deriving income from alcohol sales, it isa third-degree felony.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

yes, BUT.....

from https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code ... 6-035.html
(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06 or 30.07 .
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

tlt wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:59 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:

Sec. 46.035 creates offenses for carrying a handgun by a license holder on certain premises under certain conditions, including in plain view in a public place, at an institution of higher educationwhere it is prohibited, at a business that derives at least 51 percent of its income from alcohol sales, at a hospital or nursing facility, in an amusement park, or at a place of worship.An offense under this section is a class A misdemeanor, except if it occurred at a business deriving income from alcohol sales, it isa third-degree felony.
Keep reading. A little further down.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

C-dub wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:56 pm
tlt wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:59 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:

Keep reading. A little further down.
(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06 or 30.07 .

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Only 3 1/2 years for OP to revive the topic...not even close to the record for post necromancy. :yawn
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I can only speak for the ambulance entry at Dallas childrens hospital, it is posted sorta, the ambulance bay on the back wall prior to entry has a huge sign where they have combined the wording of both 06 and 07 into one sign, making both invalid by Texas Law, I'd laugh everytime I saw it!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:32 pm Only 3 1/2 years for OP to revive the topic...not even close to the record for post necromancy. :yawn
And 3.5 years later tlt still hasn’t read any further down and thinks that hospitals are automatically off limits. :roll:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

tlt

Post by tlt »

Sorry, I've been busy and don't live on the forum. Instead of being difficult, or worse, why not simply spell it out :rules:

Sorry it took 3 years, I've been busy, and when I logged in I had a notice, so I didn't pay much attention to the date. The hospital and virtually every Hospital or Medical facility is clearly posted 30.06 and 30.07. So as an RN, my wife is out of luck without express written permission.

Mel

Post by Mel »

tlt wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm The hospital and virtually every Hospital or Medical facility is clearly posted 30.06 and 30.07. So as an RN, my wife is out of luck without express written permission.
Sorry, but I have been to several Medical buildings in the north Dallas area that are not posted and I carry there on a regular basis.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”