DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Jusme »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:28 am Question. Are absolute noobs welcome to these things? We're talking *I've shot a gun 4 times in my life and I dont even carry yet* level of noobnes.
More than welcome!! Come on down, great folks great conversation.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Terry: Sure, newbies are invited. You have to start somewhere with your gun knowledge and carry practices.
We'll give you the answers, most of which will be correct, some will be opinions. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Excaliber »

Please let me know during the week if you plan to attend next Saturday's breakfast because the restaurant is small and I'll need to reserve the right number of seats. Likewise, if you say you'll come but change your mind, please let me know that too so we don't reserve seats the owners could sell to others.

Showing consideration this way will give us an ongoing welcome at a very fine place to meet.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

Excaliber wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:08 am Please let me know during the week if you plan to attend next Saturday's breakfast because the restaurant is small and I'll need to reserve the right number of seats. Likewise, if you say you'll come but change your mind, please let me know that too so we don't reserve seats the owners could sell to others.

Showing consideration this way will give us an ongoing welcome at a very fine place to meet.

I plan to be there, if anything changes, I'll let you know.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

strogg
Posts in topic: 35

Post by strogg »

I plan to be there as well barring any last minute stuff.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

strogg wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 am I plan to be there as well barring any last minute stuff.
+1 :thumbs2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hack Job »

I'll be there.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

Weather permitting I plan on riding out for this one. It’s over an hour ride for me. 40+mpg on the bike versus 14 in the truck, weather will determine if I’m there or not.

I’ll chime in Friday night if that’s not too late.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tomtexan »

Lena wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:13 pm Just wish some of the eastern folks like to meet and eat also, like east of Dallas...
I'd be interested in that. :fire
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

C-dub wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm Weather permitting I plan on riding out for this one. It’s over an hour ride for me. 40+mpg on the bike versus 14 in the truck, weather will determine if I’m there or not.

I’ll chime in Friday night if that’s not too late.
That'll be fine. I hope you can make it!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

Excaliber wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:42 pm I found a new open carry friendly breakfast cafe for our western division meetings:

Manny's Cafe
4019 Fort Worth Hwy
Hudson Oaks, TX 76087

It's a small cafe located in the David's Stove Shop building on the north side of westbound I20 at Mikus Road. There is minimal signage for the cafe, so look for David's Stove Shop which is easy to spot. The cafe entrance faces the road near the west end of the building by the windmill displays. (It can also be reached by going through the main stove shop entrance when that opens at 9 AM.) The cafe opens at 7:00. Staff advised they would be glad to have us and open carry is not an issue with them. It's also a bit closer for the folks coming from the main DFW area.

From I20 west, take Exit 415. It is just past the first traffic light (Mikus Road) on the right.

From I20 east, take Exit 415 and make a left at the light at Mikus Road, go under the highway, and turn left onto the westbound service road.

Our next west division breakfast is scheduled for June 15. Would you folks like to give this location a try?
Well heck I’m about 3 minutes away from David’s, guess I’ll see everyone there again.

Also saw the new Rudy’s going in at 1187 in Burleson. We just need one out here west now.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I will be there. Count me in. C-dub: I have articles for you.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

So far participation for Saturday looks like:

Bitter Clinger
SigM4
Jusme
Strogg
Cdub
SIA
HackJob
Excaliber

Terry - are you in or out?

If there are any changes before Saturday please be sure to let me know.

This will be our biggest western meeting yet!

Here's a refresh on the directions:

Manny's Cafe
4019 Fort Worth Hwy
Hudson Oaks, TX 76087

It's a small cafe located in the David's Stove Shop building on the north side of westbound I20 at Mikus Road. There is minimal signage for the cafe, so look for David's Stove Shop which is easy to spot. The cafe entrance faces the road near the west end of the building by the windmill displays. (It can also be reached by going through the main stove shop entrance when that opens at 9 AM.) The cafe opens at 7:00. Staff advised they would be glad to have us and open carry is not an issue with them. It's also a bit closer for the folks coming from the main DFW area.

From I20 west, take Exit 415. It is just past the first traffic light (Mikus Road) on the right.

From I20 east, take Exit 415 and make a left at the light at Mikus Road, go under the highway, and turn left onto the westbound service road. It's the building on the corner of Mikus Rd. and the I20 service road.
Excaliber

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

Since it is a small place, you don’t think there will be any issue if we hang and talk for while do you?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”