TSA Precheck

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TomV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TSA Precheck

Post by TomV »

We just got home from a vacation trip to Costa Rica. Global Entry saved us probably 45 minutes waiting in line at customs coming back in.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... oduct.html

Grandma sue TSA over search. She apparently had TSA precheck.

Undocumented visitors can fly with out an ID per TSA.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

Global Entry DOES include TSA Pre Check.

TSA Pre Check is $80 for 5 years
Global Entry is $100 for 5 years and includes TSA Pre Check.

Per the TSA web site

TSA Pre✓ provides expedited security screening benefits for flights departing from U.S. Airports. Global Entry provides the TSA Pre✓ benefit plus expedited US customs screening for international air travelers when entering the United States. TSA Pre✓ costs $85 and Global Entry costs $100 for a five year membership. Travelers interested in Global Entry must apply through the Trusted Traveler Program website.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-a ... -and-other
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Just an FYI.....I was wearing on of those copper woven sleeves on my knee and TSA made me drop my pants so they could manually and visually inspect it.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

If you don't travel enough to justify spending money on Global Entry, you can still use the Mobile Passport app to save time coming home through airport immigration control.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:00 am If you don't travel enough to justify spending money on Global Entry, you can still use the Mobile Passport app to save time coming home through airport immigration control.
:iagree:

I mainly the TSA precheck part of Global Entry. When I fly I usually carry lots of electronics, 3 laptops, 3 cell phones, an ipad and lots of charging equipment. In my 6 flights this year I haven't had to open my carry on once! And I get to keep my shoes and belt on. Worth the price besides the time factor. There is usually never more than 10 or so people ahead of me at security.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Syntyr wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 amThere is usually never more than 10 or so people ahead of me at security.
The TSA-Pre line at DFW is often longer than the regular line, especially on Monday mornings. Folks don't mind waiting a bit if that let's them keep their clothes on and not have to unpack their bags. :lol:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I may have related this story a while back.... sorry if I'm repeating.

Last year I was returning into DFW from an overseas trip. I get off the airplane, walk down the hallway to the escalator and the line for clearing immigration is, literally, backed up to the top of the escalator. if you;re not familiar with DFW immigration, that's a LONG way. 3 corridor turns and then the big room filled with zig-zagging roped lines. At least a 3-hour wait, I'd estimate.

I picked up my bag, walked down the steps, rolled past at least thousand people waiting in line, spotted the lonely Global Entry kiosks in the big room, rolled through Global Entry and Customs and was out on the street in 5 minutes. Just that one day was worth the $100 I paid for GE.

DFW is usually quite fast to clear immigration/customs. They said they had a bunch of overseas flights arrive at the same time that don't normally arrive so close together.

Return to “Off-Topic”