RoT rally 2019 - anybody going?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: RoT rally 2019 - anybody going?

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'm not a big fan of large gatherings. If anyone can remember this far back.... When it comes to biker groups, this is me....

Maybe I'll plan a ride down to visit the 3 Sisters while all the PoPo are distracted with this event :mrgreen:

FYI... https://www.rotrally.com/
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is "RoT"?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:31 pm Please forgive my ignorance, but what is "RoT"?
RoT = Republic of Texas
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

The Annoyed Man

kayt00 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:31 pm Please forgive my ignorance, but what is "RoT"?
RoT = Republic of Texas
Thanks. So is this a motorcycling event, or is it something else?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm
RoT = Republic of Texas
I believe so, from what I've been able to gather it's the Texas version of the Sturgis rally.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

The Annoyed Man

Ah. Thanks.

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

RoT = Republic of Texas
Link at bottom of post 2. ;-)

Hope you're back to 100% TAM! :coolgleamA:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:46 pm
RoT = Republic of Texas
Link at bottom of post 2. ;-)

Hope you're back to 100% TAM! :coolgleamA:
Oops! :oops: I missed that. Evidently, I’m not back 100%. :lol: Actually, my doctor is telling me it will take 6-8 weeks to fully recover, so I’m about halfway there. Still tire easily.

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

I went about 5 years ago and told myself I would not go back as long as they posted 30.06 (or 07) on a public street that has been closed off
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

LDP wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:54 pm Pretty much what the title says.
Wondering if I'll see anyone there from this forum.
I'll probably just ride in on Friday night and attend some festivities downtown but I am staying away from the campground craze.

Does anybody know whether the APD will illegally post the whole 6th street as 30.06 again? (as chief Acevedo used to like to do)
I am not a big rally goer, so I probably will avoid it. But I wouldn't mind a get together for members of the forum if enough of us are going to be in the area. Maybe a Friday dinner or a Saturday lunch meetup, somewhere like Lockhart or Buda (close to Austin but away from the crowd).
Steve Rothstein

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

LDP wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 pm That was the usual illegal doing of the then-current APD chief Art Acevedo, a Kalyfornazi transplant with an anti-liberty attitude.
He was fired ... ahem ... offered a "better" position ... and is now destroying Houston lives one day at a time.

Is there a hotline where we could call the APD to inquire about possible illegal signage in their city? I don't mind calling but I am unable to find a good phone number.
If you bought a ticket then you have agreed to the terms and conditions. Good luck getting anyone in Austin to care about your complaints!

https://www.rotrally.com/terms-and-conditions/
Weapons
Weapons are expressly prohibited. No weapon may be brought onsite, displayed, or used at the Event, except as authorized by Event management, authorized security personnel, or law enforcement. The Event and the Event facilities are gun-free zones:

PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN), A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN.

PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.07, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH AN OPENLY CARRIED HANDGUN), A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A HANDGUN THAT IS CARRIED OPENLY.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Travis County Expo Center was already posted (at least, part of it)

https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?id=18713
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

LDP wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 pm
RPBrown wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:34 pm I went about 5 years ago and told myself I would not go back as long as they posted 30.06 (or 07) on a public street that has been closed off
That was the usual illegal doing of the then-current APD chief Art Acevedo, a Kalyfornazi transplant with an anti-liberty attitude.
He was fired ... ahem ... offered a "better" position ... and is now destroying Houston lives one day at a time.

Is there a hotline where we could call the APD to inquire about possible illegal signage in their city? I don't mind calling but I am unable to find a good phone number.
Get your facts straight, Acevedo is originally form Cuba, made a stop over in Commiefornia. :nono:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Off-Topic”