.44 AutoMag being reborn - JD Jones

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Re: .44 AutoMag being reborn - JD Jones

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:42 am Update from Patrick via email:
I am sorry we have been slow on our updates as of late, we have just been so busy getting things in place. We are in the middle of completing the function fire test and we have learned a great deal about the service life of our parts and how they work together. It will probably take a few more weeks to complete our testing cycle for the Auto Mag. In the meantime, we are ramping up the production line to try to hit our production goal of 100 Auto Mags per month by September. (Yes, I said production in September!)

Shown below is an X-Ray of the Auto Mag we took to see the relationships and confirm the fitment of the parts.

At this time, we have usable frame castings, yet we are continuing to make improvements to reduce the handwork involved in producing finished frames on our end. We believe we will be able to increase our production rate with each new iteration of the castings we receive. Click the image below or here to see a time-lapse video of the frame machining.

Our polishers have gotten their processes and machines dialed in and have produced some of the most beautifully polished uppers I have ever seen. They are so reflective they can be used as a mirror. The iPhone picture below does not do them justice.

Our air compressor system is no longer sufficient to operate all our equipment simultaneously. We are in the process of installing a 75-horsepower system which should be up and running in a week. Once installed, this will help us increase our production.

We have currently moved one employee from part-time to full time and have hired a second full-time employee. We are always looking for more good machinists and if you know of any good candidates please send an e-mail to: rob@automag.com.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for your trust and your patience.

Patrick Henry III
Man, I thought you had this thing already and were just trying to decide on a holster to wear at Rudy's.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: .44 AutoMag being reborn - JD Jones

Post by Rafe »

AndyC wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 pm I have one, but not the new one - paid 2-1/2 years ago for it. Shoot - I'd have to make another holster for it - 2" longer barrel.
So... When you finally get it, where do we--your 218 closest friends who want to shoot it--come to visit you?
:biggrinjester: :smilelol5:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”