DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by C-dub »

Google maps still thinks it is called "The Shed."

I just looked again and now it also has Mannyscafe at the same address. :lol:

That was not there last night or this morning. Did one of you guys get that in there?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Excaliber »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Excaliber wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:49 pm The meeting at Manny's Cafe was a rousing success, except for the unfortunate absence of one dislocated member who made a last minute decision to attend and tried to come, but hadn't followed the series of posts on change of venue. We missed his participation and hope to see him next time.

As C-dub said, we had nine attendees, the food was fantastic and the service was excellent. We had a very warm welcome from the staff,there was no conflict with seating other diners or rush to finish up, and the location in the stove shop with lots of antiques and cool wood burning stoves, fire pits, windmills,old tools, etc. lent a unique ambience to the gathering. Open carry by most of the members didn't raise a single eyebrow, and there were no grumpy wait staff like we had last time at Cracker Barrel

Everyone agreed that we'll definitely be going back to Manny's for the August meeting on the 17th.

Thanks to everyone who came for making this a rousing success!
And the chairs were more comfortable than Rudys! Thanks for scouting this out and for coordinating! :tiphat:
My pleasure!

And +1 on the chairs.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The 9 of us that attended this past Saturday: Excaliber, jusme, C-dub, hackjob, diesel42, SigM4, strogg, bitterclinger, and myself.

Since this has been our highest attendance in quite some time, shall we return to Arlington Rudy's in July, or give Manny's another shot?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Due to my alternating weekend schedule it won’t be possible for me to make the S/SW breakfast again until October.

If I can make it in October I’ll just check here and see where y’all are gonna be.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:16 pm The 9 of us that attended this past Saturday: Excaliber, jusme, C-dub, hackjob, diesel42, SigM4, strogg, bitterclinger, and myself.

Since this has been our highest attendance in quite some time, shall we return to Arlington Rudy's in July, or give Manny's another shot?

SIA
I'm all in for Manny's if everyone else agrees.

If not, I'll see you folks in August.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

C-dub wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:19 pm Due to my alternating weekend schedule it won’t be possible for me to make the S/SW breakfast again until October.

If I can make it in October I’ll just check here and see where y’all are gonna be.
We'll miss you over the summer but will look forward to seeing you more in the fall and winter.
Excaliber

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Blackhorse1 »

I wanted to attend your last meeting, but figured it was too far for me to drive for breakfast. It would have been nearly a 50 mile drive one way.(100 mile roundtrip) If you decided to have it at Rudy's BBQ in Arlington, that's a go for me. I know I'm a new guy here, and I don't dictate where the majority want's to have your meeting/breakfast. Just throwing my info out there for you why I didn't show for the last breakfast. Would love to be part of this group but, I have never driven 100 miles for breakfast before although I'm sure I would've had a great time. just sayin...I know also if you had it at Rudy's in Arlington that someone else might be in my shoes. I'm good with whatever you all do to get the most people there. I probably don't rate very high on the list yet, but if I can make it to wherever you guy's are, i'll try and make it if I can. Thanks.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

It's about the same distance for me either place, so I'm good with whatever the majority want to do.
I like the idea of alternating, we probably just need to communicate a little better with everyone, so no one goes to the wrong place.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

65 miles one way for me. And it was WELL WORTH IT! :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

57 one way for me. Ditto BC!

But I was getting about 40mpg. :mrgreen:

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Diesel42 »

Next week, I retire.
Let's just say I plan to be there wherever.
Happy Trails!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Here's another thought:

Those western members who have decided not to make the drive to Arlington could meet at Manny''s every month since that wouldn't be conflicting with those who would meet at Rudy's.

Your thoughts?
Excaliber

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Excaliber wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:38 pm Here's another thought:

Those western members who have decided not to make the drive to Arlington could meet at Manny''s every month since that wouldn't be conflicting with those who would meet at Rudy's.

Your thoughts?
If I remember correctly, and that's pretty "iffy" :mrgreen:, the original intent was to get multiple groups meeting in different areas. I certainly see no reason not to have both Rudy's Arlington and Manny's Weatherford breakfast get togethers, but have them on different Saturdays so those who want to go to multiples have 3 choices a month! Then perhaps once a quarter or semi-annual have a breakfast where all the groups meet together.

I think it would be great to grow the forum breakfasts until we have many groups across North Texas.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Your thoughts?
If I remember correctly, and that's pretty "iffy" :mrgreen:, the original intent was to get multiple groups meeting in different areas. I certainly see no reason not to have both Rudy's Arlington and Manny's Weatherford breakfast get togethers, but have them on different Saturdays so those who want to go to multiples have 3 choices a month! Then perhaps once a quarter or semi-annual have a breakfast where all the groups meet together.

I think it would be great to grow the forum breakfasts until we have many groups across North Texas.
That's an even better idea.

How about Manny's every second Saturday and keep Rudy's on the third Saturday?
Excaliber

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 am
bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Your thoughts?

That's an even better idea.

How about Manny's every second Saturday and keep Rudy's on the third Saturday?
The DFW North/Northwest group meets on second Saturday. How about 1st or 4th Saturday?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”