Another Meme Thread

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 140

Re: Another Meme Thread

Post by Pawpaw »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:40 pm Image
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Mel
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Mel »

Pawpaw wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm
Comedy, YES. Light-hearted, That part I'm not so sure about.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Mel wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 am
Pawpaw wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm
Comedy, YES. Light-hearted, That part I'm not so sure about.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Keith B »

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 49

Post by crazy2medic »

Keith B wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:20 pm Image
My wife's classic response is Do You Have To Do That?
My most typical answer to that question is That is Impossible/Stupid or They Don't Even Hold It Right
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Keith B »

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:27 pm
My wife's classic response is Do You Have To Do That?
My most typical answer to that question is That is Impossible/Stupid or They Don't Even Hold It Right
My wife hates when I do that for guns or anything else. However, let her find something wrong in a chick-flick and it’s OK for her to point it out. LOL
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

srothstein
Posts in topic: 12

Post by srothstein »

We used to have a saying in the Army that you could tell you were a lifer when you started pointing out the errors in war movies. I found the same is true of cops and police shows.
Steve Rothstein

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

srothstein wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:34 pm
We used to have a saying in the Army that you could tell you were a lifer when you started pointing out the errors in war movies. I found the same is true of cops and police shows.
Try being in emergency medicine and watching one of the evening hospital shows. :roll:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 32

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Daddio-on-patio wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:03 am
Try being in emergency medicine and watching one of the evening hospital shows. :roll:
Patient presents with a broken leg....
Dr: "Pass me a #11 Bard Parker, STAT,"
Nurse: hands him a curved hemostat....
:lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 368

Post by Flightmare »

My mother is an RN. That's the whole reason she watches shows like that is to point out their medical mistakes. Some shows are better than others.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

C-dub
Posts in topic: 65

Post by C-dub »

I'm just in the lab and stopped watching those shows many years ago. ER was the last one I watched and I stopped watching it about halfway through its run.

Same with military/Navy stuff and firearms. Topgun, while entertaining was a nightmare to watch when it first came out. I was an Avionics Tech. in an F-14 squadron when they made that movie. My squadron shared the hanger space with Topgun and the movie folks made that movie while we were on WestPac so they could utilize our vacant spaces.

Maybe that's why I like the Marvel and DC movie stuff so much. I can't criticize make believe stuff nearly as much. It's kinda like any Star Wars or Star Trek. Hmmm, starting to notice a pattern here.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 49

Post by crazy2medic »

C-dub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:49 am
I'm just in the lab and stopped watching those shows many years ago. ER was the last one I watched and I stopped watching it about halfway through its run.

Same with military/Navy stuff and firearms. Topgun, while entertaining was a nightmare to watch when it first came out. I was an Avionics Tech. in an F-14 squadron when they made that movie. My squadron shared the hanger space with Topgun and the movie folks made that movie while we were on WestPac so they could utilize our vacant spaces.

Maybe that's why I like the Marvel and DC movie stuff so much. I can't criticize make believe stuff nearly as much. It's kinda like any Star Wars or Star Trek. Hmmm, starting to notice a pattern here.
Know what you mean, like when they defibrillate a patient that's in Asystole, I'm like aaaaaah NO!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Grayling813 »

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:34 am
C-dub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:49 am

Know what you mean, like when they defibrillate a patient that's in Asystole, I'm like aaaaaah NO!
Another example is the all-powerful NCIS shows. Somehow on those shows NCIS trumps every other agency. My wife just rolls her eyes when I point out how stupid it is.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Grayling813 »

burglar.jpg

b4aftr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by b4aftr »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:24 am burglar.jpg
Gotta love his smile, smile translates to the internal decision process on which gun and tactics to utilize. Love it.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”