Job Transistion

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Job Transistion

Post by oljames3 »

I may be without a job on 1 September, 2019. The company I work for is a contractor for a Texas state agency. They are re-negotiating the contract. Myselft and most of my fellow contractors will likely be transitioned to other teams or unemployment. I'm asking for your prayers that God's will be done and for His continue provision. It is, as always, all in His hands. Thanks.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jusme

Re: Job Transistion

Post by Jusme »

Prayers sent. I know how difficult job uncertainty can be, but when God closes a door, he opens a window.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Prayers sent for you and your team members. Please keep us informed. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Prayers up and keep the faith. And...

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Prayers sent oljames. Hope everything works out.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ELB

Post by ELB »

Good luck with the transition.

When I was still on active duty I was the COTR for several manpower contracts over time, all IT-related. When a new company won the contract most of the first line worker level guys were hired on by the winning contract. Only the managers" faces changed (and sometimes the lower level managers were picked up by the new company as well). Is this possible in your case?

One time I recall there was a kerfuffle among the contract workforce because the company they worked for as a small business set-aside, and the company had "grown up." A company is supposed to get small-business advantages only for a few years (seven or eight, IIRC), and then the theory is they are established enough to compete on their own. This one company did not want to transition to the bigboy league, and was scrambling to find a way to remain in the small business category. They told their employees horrible stories about what would happen to their pay and benefits if they had to move to the likely winner of the new contract. In the end company was not able to bamboozle the government and lost the contract. All the line contract employees transitioned to the new company expecting the worst -- but instead they actually go pay raises and better benefits. They were a little steamed at their previous employer for the scare stories.

Hope it works out for you, good luck!
USAF 1982-2005

stash

Post by stash »

You have my prayers brother.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”