Another Meme Thread

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Alf
Posts in topic: 24

Re: Another Meme Thread

Post by Alf »

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 240

Post by RoyGBiv »

Attachments
Kap.jpg
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 240

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

joe817
Posts in topic: 18

Post by joe817 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 pm Image
Oh! I LIKE THAT!! :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vol Texan »

LDP wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:31 pm
Because most Americans don't know basic grammar?? *shrug*
This meme is an indictment in itself. :mrgreen:
LDP, this is picking on you and me equally (because I'm just as bad).
Either way, this one is cringe-worthy as well, because of the ellipsis with more than three or four dots included...

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Chemist45 »

Grayling 813 wrote:
crazy2medic wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:34 am

C-dub wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:49 am

Daddio-on-patio wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:03 am

srothstein wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Keith B wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:20 pm

We used to have a saying in the Army that you could tell you were a lifer when you started pointing out the errors in war movies. I found the same is true of cops and police shows.

Try being in emergency medicine and watching one of the evening hospital shows. :roll:

I'm just in the lab and stopped watching those shows many years ago. ER was the last one I watched and I stopped watching it about halfway through its run.

Same with military/Navy stuff and firearms. Topgun, while entertaining was a nightmare to watch when it first came out. I was an Avionics Tech. in an F-14 squadron when they made that movie. My squadron shared the hanger space with Topgun and the movie folks made that movie while we were on WestPac so they could utilize our vacant spaces.

Maybe that's why I like the Marvel and DC movie stuff so much. I can't criticize make believe stuff nearly as much. It's kinda like any Star Wars or Star Trek. Hmmm, starting to notice a pattern here.

Know what you mean, like when they defibrillate a patient that's in Asystole, I'm like aaaaaah NO!

Another example is the all-powerful NCIS shows. Somehow on those shows NCIS trumps every other agency. My wife just rolls her eyes when I point out how stupid it is.
I'm a chemist. I cannot watch any of the CSI shows. They drive me nuts. "We found this oily substance on the man's body. No problem, we'll just put it into the mass spec. (Ten minutes later) Its a rare oil only used in this brand of sunscreen which you can only buy from this store."
It doesn't work that way.
What's worse is that I have people in upper management who think that it does work this way. I actually get requests from VPs offering to send me a sample of something so that I can "Analyze it and tell them what the impurity is."

OneGun
Posts in topic: 8

Post by OneGun »

Chemist45 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:02 pm Grayling 813 wrote:
crazy2medic wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:34 am

C-dub wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:49 am

Daddio-on-patio wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:03 am

srothstein wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Keith B wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:20 pm

We used to have a saying in the Army that you could tell you were a lifer when you started pointing out the errors in war movies. I found the same is true of cops and police shows.

Try being in emergency medicine and watching one of the evening hospital shows. :roll:

I'm just in the lab and stopped watching those shows many years ago. ER was the last one I watched and I stopped watching it about halfway through its run.

Same with military/Navy stuff and firearms. Topgun, while entertaining was a nightmare to watch when it first came out. I was an Avionics Tech. in an F-14 squadron when they made that movie. My squadron shared the hanger space with Topgun and the movie folks made that movie while we were on WestPac so they could utilize our vacant spaces.

Maybe that's why I like the Marvel and DC movie stuff so much. I can't criticize make believe stuff nearly as much. It's kinda like any Star Wars or Star Trek. Hmmm, starting to notice a pattern here.

Know what you mean, like when they defibrillate a patient that's in Asystole, I'm like aaaaaah NO!

Another example is the all-powerful NCIS shows. Somehow on those shows NCIS trumps every other agency. My wife just rolls her eyes when I point out how stupid it is.
I'm a chemist. I cannot watch any of the CSI shows. They drive me nuts. "We found this oily substance on the man's body. No problem, we'll just put it into the mass spec. (Ten minutes later) Its a rare oil only used in this brand of sunscreen which you can only buy from this store."
It doesn't work that way.
What's worse is that I have people in upper management who think that it does work this way. I actually get requests from VPs offering to send me a sample of something so that I can "Analyze it and tell them what the impurity is."
Just get with the program. Every case is solved in 47 minutes if you ignore commercials!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 36

Post by der Teufel »

Of course, the true grammar Nazis know the ellipsis is formed by holding the ALT key while typing 0133 on the numeric keypad.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 197

Post by puma guy »

:lol:
LDP wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:31 pm
Because most Americans don't know basic grammar?? *shrug*
This meme is an indictment in itself. :mrgreen:
:lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 368

Post by Flightmare »

This looks like it'd be fun to "shoot" someone with. And I wouldn't even get convicted, I could just "frame" someone else.

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Keith B »

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Ike Aramba
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Ike Aramba »

"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”