Tx: Houston man shows off his gun at a BBQ, was going to get his LTC when death stopped him.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Tx: Houston man shows off his gun at a BBQ, was going to get his LTC when death stopped him.

Post by philip964 »

Last edited by philip964 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tx: Houston man shows off his at a BBQ, was going to get his LTC when death stopped him.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The good news is, he did not kill someone else.

narcissist

Re: Tx: Houston man shows off his at a BBQ, was going to get his LTC when death stopped him.

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:33 am The good news is, he did not kill someone else.
The bad news is he shot himself, try to have some sympathy for his loved ones. I'm sure they feel pretty bad right about now. Rip, bbq guy
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:33 am The good news is, he did not kill someone else.
...other than himself. BBQ at 11:00pm? Wonder what his blood alcohol level was when he pulled the trigger?

Tragic that ignoring one simple rule proves to be your final mistake.

Rule 1: Firearms are always loaded. Especially when they “might” not be.

carlson1

Re: Tx: Houston man shows off his gun at a BBQ, was going to get his LTC when death stopped him.

Post by carlson1 »

He violates the rule that a firearm is always loaded WHY would you ever point a gun at your own head? WHY? unless you wanted to die.

I would have imagine just about everyone has showed off a firearm they were proud of or happy to have and NEVER pointed it at their own head.

Stick_Shift

Re: Tx: Houston man shows off his gun at a BBQ, was going to get his LTC when death stopped him.

Post by Stick_Shift »

Yikes. Hard lesson. Worst part is that kids probably watched this. Hope the adults in the room are smart enough to get the kids some counseling.

As someone else said, at least this person only hurt themselves.
A little luck and a little government is necessary to get along in life, but only a fool trusts either one. - PJ O’Rourke

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Handling a gun you didn't clear first
Putting your finger on the bang switch
Pointing it at something you were not willing to destroy
Any Questions?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

dlh

Post by dlh »

I show firearms to friends all the time. The FIRST thing I do is point the firearm in a safe direction, then I open the action and clear any rounds in the chamber and magazine and show the open action to a friend. THEN I let them handle the gun . How difficult is this?
The stupidity of some people is beyond amazing.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

dlh wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:50 pm I show firearms to friends all the time. The FIRST thing I do is point the firearm in a safe direction, then I open the action and clear any rounds in the chamber and magazine and show the open action to a friend. THEN I let them handle the gun . How difficult is this?
The stupidity of some people is beyond amazing.
I do the same thing. I also have an even safer method of showing off my firearms. I have photos on my phone that I'm happy to show anyone. :tiphat:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Too much beer.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Beiruty wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:49 am Too much beer.
Here, hold my beer while I get my pistol.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

We aren't allowed to say "And the winner is ..." anymore so, The Darwin award goes to - the 22yo moron in Houston that evidently didn't know which end went 'bang'.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

philip964 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:57 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/man- ... puties-say

Shot in the head.
The link you posted did not say anything about getting his LTC. where did you find this info?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

twomillenium wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:26 am
philip964 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:57 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/man- ... puties-say

Shot in the head.
The link you posted did not say anything about getting his LTC. where did you find this info?
The comments section had this statement from trusted news source Firemedic5100, I believed it hook line and sinker.

“Firemedic5100
1 day ago
I heard on another broadcast, this tool was in the process of getting his LTC. I for one will sleep better tonight knowing he won't get it.”

But hey, the Russian girl rejected me.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:22 am
twomillenium wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:26 am

Shot in the head.
The comments section had this statement from trusted news source Firemedic5100, I believed it hook line and sinker.

“Firemedic5100
1 day ago
I heard on another broadcast, this tool was in the process of getting his LTC. I for one will sleep better tonight knowing he won't get it.”

But hey, the Russian girl rejected me.

Which is odd, because I think you two would have hit it off!! Oh well, better luck next time!! "rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Never Again!!”