Most Democrats think political war of words could bring violence: Pew

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Most Democrats think political war of words could bring violence: Pew

Post by crazy2medic »

Then SOMEBODY tell the Democrats to tone it down! They started stirring the pot, if the pot boils over they will most likely be the ones that get burned!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

It does cause violence, but almost all political violence is carried out by those on the left. When logic, and reason, are not part of your ideals, and you know you cannot debate anyone who possesses those things, you resort to rhetoric, name calling, and finally violence. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ve been involved in a conversation with a leftist (I no longer use the term "liberal", because they’re all totalitarians) on Twitter today, and he thinks that the right is committing "stochastic terrorism" in its messaging, that will lead to physical violence.....by the right.

He also claimed that recorded acts of right wing terrorism far outnumber left wing acts of terrorism. He offered no numbers or examples, so I dismissed his statement.

Meanwhile, ALL of the political violence currently ongoing is being committed by AntiFa, a leftist/anarchist organization. As a minarchist libertarian, I don’t consider myself part of the right, but I have much more in common with the right than I have with the totalitarian left. To my mind, the the right is made up of very patient people.....who have a lot of lot of guns between them. If they were terrorists, we’d know by now. But nobody's patience is infinite. The left is going to push and push and push, and when the right finally pushes back, the left isn’t going to like it......those who survive.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:44 pm the left isn’t going to like it......those who survive.
:iagree: Of course, the left "could" just let us divorce amicably and live in peace apart from each other...but that's not what they want.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm Then SOMEBODY tell the Democrats to tone it down!
Is it just me or did anyone else read this and hear Lawrence Fishburn's voice in their head saying it?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

C-dub wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:04 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm Then SOMEBODY tell the Democrats to tone it down!
Is it just me or did anyone else read this and hear Lawrence Fishburn's voice in their head saying it?
LOL!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

AndyC wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:33 pm An alarming new Pew Research survey has found that 91 percent of poll respondents identifying as Democrats or Democrat-leaning think “heated rhetoric” from politicians “raises the risk of violence.”
The term we're looking for here is, "Projection."
:tiphat:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

As much as I enjoy "Morpheus" way of phrasing, I'd MUCH rather hear them told to put a cork in it Samuel L. Jackson style. :smilelol5:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:28 pm
As much as I enjoy "Morpheus" way of phrasing, I'd MUCH rather hear them told to put a cork in it Samuel L. Jackson style. :smilelol5:
The Bowery King from John Wick 2.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Well, they are the ones that are going to start the violence.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

jason812 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:05 pm Well, they are the ones that are going to start the violence.
I can assure you, with 100% confidence, that is NOT how it will be reported on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, NBC, or CNN.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

KLB

Post by KLB »

jason812 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:05 pm Well, they are the ones that are going to start the violence.
They, in the form of Antifa, have already started it. It will be interesting to see if Antifa spreads away from left-wing enclaves.

Return to “Off-Topic”