Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Irresponsible dog owner

Post by DynamicDan »

The owners are always the problem.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 3
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSXs7wO7c2s

The video above is just 37 seconds long, and is graphic in nature.

In South El Paso recently, police received a call about 2 aggressive pit bulls that had bitten 2 citizens.

2 LEO's arrived on scene. 1 was bitten. Then 1 or both officers shot both pit bulls. One died right there, the other was wounded.

This is what happens when man's best friends go nuts.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:23 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSXs7wO7c2s

The video above is just 37 seconds long, and is graphic in nature.

In South El Paso recently, police received a call about 2 aggressive pit bulls that had bitten 2 citizens.

2 LEO's arrived on scene. 1 was bitten. Then 1 or both officers shot both pit bulls. One died right there, the other was wounded.

This is what happens when man's best friends go nuts.

SIA
The video caused me to feel bad for the dogs but I don't fault the officers for shooting them. I love dogs much more than most of the people I meet out there. It is to bad some owners don't deserve them.

Topic author
striker55
Posts in topic: 16

Post by striker55 »

So now that the irresponsible owner has been slapped with a dangerous dog judgement by the judge he is being a petty nuisance to his neighbor's. Can't prove it but someone ripped an American flag and pole from his next door neighbor house. We live on a cup de sac, never any trouble until 2 days after the hearing. IO is now parking 2 of his vehicles, leaving empty spaces in his driveway, in front of the same neighbor's house (one of those vehicles has had paper plates since he bought it about a year ago). This guy is ruining the neighborhood, one neighbor is already put their house on the market. IO likes to stare down neighbor's who appeared in court against him.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Some people are just not fit to live in polite society. If he has expired paper tags on his vehicle, and parks it on the street, that is a violation. Contact the enforcement agency and report him. If you haven't already, I would suggest security cameras. Get with your other neighbors, and form a watch group, taking shifts, to watch the others homes, and property. Video any interactions with this cretin, including his stare down techniques. Immediately report, and document, any threats, or trespassing, committed by him. If law enforcement doesn't take action, you and your neighbors can file a class action suit. This guy is a bully, and has just now been called on his behavior. The only way to get him to relent, is continually standing up to him.
I hope everything works out, but keep your head on a swivel, and watch your back.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paladin »

Jusme wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 am Some people are just not fit to live in polite society. If he has expired paper tags on his vehicle, and parks it on the street, that is a violation. Contact the enforcement agency and report him. If you haven't already, I would suggest security cameras. Get with your other neighbors, and form a watch group, taking shifts, to watch the others homes, and property. Video any interactions with this cretin, including his stare down techniques. Immediately report, and document, any threats, or trespassing, committed by him. If law enforcement doesn't take action, you and your neighbors can file a class action suit. This guy is a bully, and has just now been called on his behavior. The only way to get him to relent, is continually standing up to him.
I hope everything works out, but keep your head on a swivel, and watch your back.
:iagree:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 1

Post by imkopaka »

I'm so happy for you that the dangerous dog has been taken care of! I agree with Jusme on every count. Get security cameras if you can afford to (some sets are easy to install and only a couple hundred bucks). Either way, take pictures of anything that irks you or looks suspicious. Even if it isn't enough for criminal charges, you could always go the route of a civil suit.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

I installed a Ring camera over my garage and the neighbor who had the flag torn down I installed a Ring camera for him, but a day late for the flag.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

striker55 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:25 pm Had our day in court, dog was declared dangerous!
Very glad to hear this. The problem with pits is that if they attack, there is a very high probability of someone getting hurt (or maybe killed).

A pit is not only large, but has exceptionally strong jaws. Adults have been killed by these dogs, and they do need to be taken seriously.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I also wanted to piggy-back the recommendation for a doorbell camera.

We have a doorbell camera at the door, and several self-installed cameras on the house. Both have proved helpful.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Venus Pax wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:06 pm I also wanted to piggy-back the recommendation for a doorbell camera.

We have a doorbell camera at the door, and several self-installed cameras on the house. Both have proved helpful.
My daughter and SIL have one of those. They also have a camera for the driveway. I am amazed at the quality and they were not very expensive either.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

striker55 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:25 pm Had our day in court, dog was declared dangerous!
I'm glad that you won. But my sister had her case with similar results overturned on appeal, at the end of the period where the appeal could be filed.

Here are the highlights.

The pitbull jumped my sister's chain link fence, grabbed my sister's crippled Pomeranian and shook it as those dogs often do when trying to kill something. My sister's vet testified in the appeal to the severity of the injuries. My sister's dog survived but took 6 months to heal. The pit also attacked the dog of the neighbor on the other side but it was bigger and the damage wasn't as severe. That homeowner testified but was not the best witness. He is older and was afraid of the pit's owner.

In the original verdict, the owner had to pay my sister's vet bills and the pit was declared a dangerous dog. The owner acted as her own lawyer on the appeal and produced 27 pictures of her dog with children and other dogs. The local district attorney, who was representing my sister and the other neighbor, showed up for the appeal unprepared, apparently with too many cases to handle, and did, in my sister's opinion, a poor job of going after the owner about her dog's behavior. The appeal judge fell asleep during the trial and overturned the dangerous dog ruling.

The dog belongs to the granddaughter of my sister's neighbor. It is now allowed to come back to the grandmother's house without restrictions. My sister put up a tall privacy fence and installed cameras that face that neighbors house but it would take another incident to take up this matter again. BTW, the grandmother is paying off the vet bill $50 a month (22 months) because the granddaughter has no money. The granddaugher already has 9 other judgements for things like speeding and DUI and is paying those off on a monthly basis. My editorial comment is that it seems that the worst behaved among these dogs belong to the very people who have no desire or ability to accept responsibility for their actions.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

That sucks big time, we thought they would bring in friends to say the dog was friendly and show pictures of their child with the dog in front of a Christmas tree. Hope we don't have to go back for an appeal, one neighbor who was chased and testified has already sold their house and moved.

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Venus Pax wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:06 pm I also wanted to piggy-back the recommendation for a doorbell camera.

Yes I have both a doorbell Cam and spotlight cam over the garage, if the dog gets in my front yard again it will be recorded. And the consequences recorded.

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Today neighbors had their pitbull in their front yard, no leash. According to TX law a dog has to be on a leash if it's a "dangerous dog", plus a muzzle. I pulled out of my driveway, back of the car facing their house. I see the dog loose so I back up and the guy says what's your problem? I said your dog has to be on a leash, he tells me we will have a problem if I don't get off his property, I'm still in my car in the middle of the street. I told him it's a public road, I reached for my phone to take a picture of the loose dog. Left the phone in the house, she tells me first it doesn't need a leash on her property and then says it's a different dog. I told them I'm calling animal control and went home to get my phone. Go back down the street and the dog was by their garage between their cars and the guy stands so I couldn't get a picture. I had my wife call animal control. A couple hours later a sheriff comes to my house telling me to stop harassing them. The only reason I saw the dog in the first place was because the guy was standing in his driveway with his arms extended straight up as if to say "what are you going to do". They tried to tell the sheriff I'm the bad guy. Of course I had no picture of the dog so it's my word against their word. Sheriff tells me to avoid them, but I'm thinking they are the ones breaking the law.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”