MO: Armed man arrested at Walmart.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Re: MO: Armed man arrested at Walmart.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Maybe he like the others did some talking on social media. I am also wanting to know more.

JDstar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JDstar »

Few more pics and info on shooter than I found elsewhere... looks like a nearly fatal case of young and stupid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... fired.html

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

So, young, dumb, bad timing, and making a point.

I wonder if the terrorist threat charge will stick.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:16 pm https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9685741/w ... n-el-paso/

Being refered to as a gun nut.
It still doesn't mention his real intentions.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

I thought he was merely protesting walmart's stance on not selling guns to anyone under 21y.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I agree that the guy was an idiot. My first thought is he reminded me of some people we have here in Texas that belong to a 3 letter group and like to carry AR’s in public just to get a reaction.

That said, I’m surprised it’s legal in Missouri to draw on someone who is armed but not presenting an actual threat or committing an actual criminal act. From what I’ve seen on this, the kid was carrying his AR slung with the muzzle pointed down. Pretty much the most non-threatening way he could possibly carry it. If I’m missing something and the kid actually did something overtly threatening, that changes things obviously. But I think I would be committing a crime in Texas if I did what that firefighter did.

To answer the post up thread, I would have gotten my family out of there ASAP without creating a scene.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:30 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:16 pm https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9685741/w ... n-el-paso/

And there is the problem. Technically he did nothing wrong except maybe if the da wants to charge him with disturbing the peace or something similar. It’s a fine line between stupidity and criminality. I am REALLY surprised the guy didn’t wind up ventilated! If he had been I wouldn’t have lost sleep over societies loss to the greater good. Certainly not helping calm the situation any.

As to the question up post I am 99.9 percent sure I would have ran and gotten me and my family out of there.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Syntyr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:50 pm

And there is the problem. Technically he did nothing wrong except maybe if the da wants to charge him with disturbing the peace or something similar. It’s a fine line between stupidity and criminality. I am REALLY surprised the guy didn’t wind up ventilated! If he had been I wouldn’t have lost sleep over societies loss to the greater good. Certainly not helping calm the situation any.

As to the question up post I am 99.9 percent sure I would have ran and gotten me and my family out of there.
The arrested him for making a terroristic threat, but as of yet has not been officially charged. Below is the lowest level charge:
574.125. Making a terrorist threat, third degree — penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of making a terrorist threat in the third degree if he or she, with criminal negligence with regard to the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation, knowingly:

(1) Communicates an express or implied threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life; or

(2) Communicates a knowingly false report of an incident or condition involving danger to life; or

(3) Causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life.

2. The offense of making a terrorist threat in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor.

3. No offense is committed under this section by a person acting in good faith with the purpose to prevent harm.
As for the guy drawing on him, the threat was perceived by the people in the store, and the manager evacuated the store by pulling the fire alarm. The off-duty firefighter had every reason to believe the threat was there and valid, and would be justified in threatening use of deadly force by drawing down on the guy.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Keith B wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:07 pm
Syntyr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:50 pm

The arrested him for making a terroristic threat, but as of yet has not been officially charged. Below is the lowest level charge:
574.125. Making a terrorist threat, third degree — penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of making a terrorist threat in the third degree if he or she, with criminal negligence with regard to the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation, knowingly:

(1) Communicates an express or implied threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life; or

(2) Communicates a knowingly false report of an incident or condition involving danger to life; or

(3) Causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life.

2. The offense of making a terrorist threat in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor.

3. No offense is committed under this section by a person acting in good faith with the purpose to prevent harm.
As for the guy drawing on him, the threat was perceived by the people in the store, and the manager evacuated the store by pulling the fire alarm. The off-duty firefighter had every reason to believe the threat was there and valid, and would be justified in threatening use of deadly force by drawing down on the guy.
IANAL but, given recent events, I'd like to think I'd do what the fireman did while calling 911 and clearly identifying myself and the situation. I would not appreciate getting shot by an over-anxious LE responder.

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:34 pm I agree that the guy was an idiot. My first thought is he reminded me of some people we have here in Texas that belong to a 3 letter group and like to carry AR’s in public just to get a reaction.
Exactly!

JDstar

Post by JDstar »

Andreychenko "referred to the action as a social experiment on how his second amendment right would be respected in a public area." Both his sister and wife stated that they knew about his intent ahead of this event and refused to participate in the juvenile act.

https://www.kspr.com/content/news/Suspe ... 44771.html

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

This would make more sense if the guy admitted he was trying to get WalMart to ban carrying guns in its stores.

Even a double face palm doesn't cover it.

From a charging perspective it's likely to end up as either a disorderly conduct or outright dismissal. with a possibility he may try to sue the guy who held him at gunpoint
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”