Five Officers Shot In Philadelphia

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Five Officers Shot In Philadelphia

Post by philip964 »

I hope there will be an investigation on how he got the popular semiautomatic rifle.

And I hope if a federal gun law was broken those involved will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bbhack »

I would not say anything if there were deaths or serious injuries, but the police tactics seemed really poor. Were they using drones? Did they even have gas as an option? When the city govt is against the police, they just phone it in?
190814-philadelphia-police-shooting-ac-1159_6b2f719807cd89c3a3dafa78728f11ec.fit-560w.jpg
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Robert*PPS

Post by Robert*PPS »

Headlines this morning were that "crowds" taunted, jeered, and booed police officers during the shootout. Insane...

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The police chief with four stars on his epaulets says the suspect had an "assault rifle" during his news conference. I didn't see any information that it was an automatic weapon. Apparently "General" Police Chief doesn't know his weapons! :biggrinjester: I am glad the police officers' injuries were minor.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:56 pm https://news.yahoo.com/latest-police-th ... 13829.html

AR15 and handgun.
From the article: "Philadelphia's top federal prosecutor says the shooting of six police officers during a 7 1/2-hour standoff was precipitated by a disrespect for law enforcement that the city's district attorney is championing.

U.S. Attorney William McSwain said Thursday in a news release that disrespect puts police in danger."
Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Casey told reporters Thursday that the Senate must vote on a background check bill and also move to ban "weapons of war."
Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner says the suspected gunman in an hourslong standoff that left six police wounded "should not have been on the streets."
Krasner said Hill has an extensive criminal history, including having faced drugs, guns, and robbery charges."

How did he come by the guns then, eh? :mad5 :mad5
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:58 am The "suspect" is a long-time criminal with multiple convictions for drug dealing and weapons charges, along with a very long list of other crimes. The mass news media will spin what they can for a bit, then drop this one like a hot potato.
So he was already prohibited from possessing firearms but gun control failed again? Who could have imagined? :biggrinjester:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

ELB

Post by ELB »

Wowser:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/st ... hia-police
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Statement by United States Attorney William M. McSwain on the Shooting of Six Philadelphia Police Officers

What I witnessed last night was true heroism by the Philadelphia police. But the crisis was precipitated by a stunning disrespect for law enforcement – a disrespect so flagrant and so reckless that the suspect immediately opened fire on every single officer within shooting distance. Only by the grace of God did they survive.

Where does such disrespect come from?

There is a new culture of disrespect for law enforcement in this City that is promoted and championed by District Attorney Larry Krasner – and I am fed up with it.

It started with chants at the DA’s victory party – chants of “F*** the police” and “No good cops in a racist system.”

We’ve now endured over a year and a half of the worst kinds of slander against law enforcement – the DA routinely calls police and prosecutors corrupt and racist, even “war criminals” that he compares to Nazis.

This vile rhetoric puts our police in danger. It disgraces the Office of the District Attorney. And it harms the good people in the City of Philadelphia and rewards the wicked.

The alleged shooter last night, Maurice Hill, is a previously convicted felon with a long rap sheet. We have plenty of criminal laws in this City – but what we don’t have is robust enforcement by the District Attorney. Instead, among other things, we have diversionary programs for gun offenses, the routine downgrading of charges for violent crime, and entire sections of the criminal code that are ignored.

The criminal laws in this City – and especially the existing gun laws and drug laws – should be aggressively enforced in order to protect the public and the police. My Office is doing all that we can. We have prosecuted 70% more violent crime cases this year than we did last year, in response to the District Attorney’s lawlessness. But it is now time for the District Attorney and his enablers to stop making excuses for criminals. It is time for accountability. It is time to support law enforcement and to put the good people of this City first.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office, in conjunction with the Philadelphia police and our federal partners, is investigating the horrible events of last night and we are considering all options at our disposal. We will do everything that we can to support our brothers and sisters in the Philadelphia Police Department and ensure justice is done.

To the officers involved last night – those who were wounded and those who rushed to defend them – and to their families, I say thank you. The whole City thanks you. We owe you more than we can ever repay.
USAF 1982-2005

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:56 pm AR15 and handgun.
Or the Philadelphia reporter that was reporting from the scene last night on Fox News, who stated that the guy had an AK-15 military style weapon. Yes, he really said AK-15. :confused5
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:49 pm And the disrespect gets worse.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter ... TI5gies5w/
In case you guys haven't noticed, this is what it looks like when a cold civil war starts to go hot.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/philly-mayor-ped ... 23075.html

Philly mayor peddles false narrative about gun control.

Wow on Yahoo, I’m impressed!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/frustrated-phila ... 23909.html

Philly mayor powerless to do anything about guns in his city because of lack of local control to do anything.

USA Today view.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/ ... -officers/

A handful of people showed up at a rally to show support for the police shooter in Philly.

Police has to attend to make sure the rally supporters were safe.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”