DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 18

Re: DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Post by C-dub »

It was good this morning. I almost finished those Huevos Rancheros.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 70

DFW Way Out West Breakfast (4th Saturday)

Post by Excaliber »

C-dub wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:54 pm It was good this morning. I almost finished those Huevos Rancheros.
Good company, good conversation, and good food - a fine way to start the day!

Per discussion, I added "4th Saturday" to the topic title to help avoid future confusion over the date.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

strogg
Posts in topic: 20

Post by strogg »

It was indeed a great breakfast. It has inspired me to pursue some more DIY projects in the future. Thanks for coming out, everyone.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Another month has flown by, and our next Way Out West breakfast is scheduled for this coming Saturday (August 24) the fourth Saturday of the month, at Manny's Cafe in Hudson Oaks.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can let the staff know how to set up the tables.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Diesel42 »

Thanks Excaliber, I have to pass this month. Family duty.
Happy Trails!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I'm about 50/50 at this time.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Hack Job »

I'll be there.

strogg
Posts in topic: 20

Post by strogg »

I'll be there as well. Are we doing range time afterwards?

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I can't do the range this time around.

Anyone else?
Excaliber

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

So far tomorrow's breakfast looks like this:

Strogg
Hack Job
C-dub (maybe)
Myself

I'll see you folks in the morning!
Excaliber

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I’m in for sure.

Don’t let me eat as much as I did last month.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 13

Post by SigM4 »

I won’t make this one, which is unfortunate as it was probably my last one for a little while as my daughter’s fall soccer has started up. Failing a late game that corresponds with the breakfast it’ll likely be November before I see you guys again.

Have a great one!
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 34
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Today at Hudson Oaks' Manny's Cafe, there were 5 of us in attendance: Excaliber, C-dub, hackjob, strogg, and myself.

Anyone need to build their own suppressor? hackjob schooled us on the details.

See some or all of you next month, either 3rd Saturday at Rudy's BBQ/Arlington, or 4th Saturday at Manny's Cafe/Hudson Oaks.

Hopefully we'll see jusme, SigM4, crazy2medic, diesel42, Mr. and Mrs. bblhd762, nano, and any other local folks.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Next month I will miss the Frisco and Manny's breakfasts. Those will be my weekends to work. However, I should be at the Arlington Rudy's on the 21st.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The end of the month is coming up fast and the 4th Saturday DFW Way Out West Breakfast at Manny's will be next Saturday the 28th.

Please let me know who will be going so I can have the folks at Manny's set us up properly.

Thanks!
Excaliber

Return to “Off-Topic”