Family pets?, Micorchip please

Please help these rescued animals find a home. Some are in no-kill shelters, but many are living on borrowed time. These posts are from other organizations unrelated to the Forum, so the information cannot be verified.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 24

Re: Family pets?, Micorchip please

Post by E.Marquez »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:30 am We have both of ours chipped, and a collar with the dog's name and my cellphone number printed on it.
Well ya, thats because you is smart... :tiphat:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Lena
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Lena »

All mine are ex or retired K9's mostly MWD military working dogs I cant even go to bed without checking all of them every night then again in AM, at each vet visit I have them check the chip to check if it is still active and 1-2 times a year call Home Again to recheck all info we just try to stay up with all.
Stay Safe

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

E.Marquez wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:37 am
WTR wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 am It is mandatory to chip your pets here. Some Vets were charging over $100.00 to chip here. When the city did a discounted chip weekend it was $35.00. I live in the countrys so I said the heck with it. However, a feed store is now offering chipping for $10.00.
What city is that please.
Even if in the country and not required I cant recommend enough, please have the pup chipped.
I was talking about El Paso. As a side note, I just called my Vet in Las Cruces NM( whom I have spent thousands of dollars with) and they gave me a “ special” price of $55.00. Well, I live in the country and have 7 cats and three dog ( one chipped from rescue facility) so chipping them all isn’t going to happen.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:30 am We have both of ours chipped, and a collar with the dog's name and my cellphone number printed on it.
Same here and he has gotten loose on me twice over the past four years. Both times they called the cell phone number on his tag and I went to get him.

03Lightningrocks

I had my dog chipped back when I first rescued him from animal control five years ago or so. I never thought of checking it but do the chips ever "go bad", quit working or fall out?

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

Why not just chip them yourself? Is that not an option? Im sure they sell them online. We used to chip the emu’s ourself. :confused5
No, my two aren’t chipped. I will get it done after reading this.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 pm I had my dog chipped back when I first rescued him from animal control five years ago or so. I never thought of checking it but do the chips ever "go bad", quit working or fall out?
Yes but the number of failed or rejected chips is so small, its a statistic anomaly at best..... Of course we had just that. I family fur kid I know was chipped correctly, as we did it.. That chip reported as it should almost daily as I chip check our pups when I leave the house to check our two scanners.
One morning, Mr Vegas's chip did not scan.......had my wife use her scanner to double check....sure enough no chip was found.
Mr Vegas and Miss Reba are young active pups, they roughhouse all day..very roughly. Its possible the chip was damaged though not likely as the broken bits of bio glass capsule and electronics inside would likely have caused an abscess. So more likely it was rejected and came out, like a cactus thorn might on your hand after a few days. This too is unlikely as it was in place for many months, if the body was going to reject it...should have happen soon after implant, also we never noticed an open wound, blood, licking, ect.. So that leaves chip failure. Between my wife and I alone we have chipped almost 1,000 pets in the last 2 years....this is the only chip that failed.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

WTR wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:25 pm
E.Marquez wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:37 am
WTR wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 am It is mandatory to chip your pets here. Some Vets were charging over $100.00 to chip here. When the city did a discounted chip weekend it was $35.00. I live in the countrys so I said the heck with it. However, a feed store is now offering chipping for $10.00.
What city is that please.
Even if in the country and not required I cant recommend enough, please have the pup chipped.
I was talking about El Paso. As a side note, I just called my Vet in Las Cruces NM( whom I have spent thousands of dollars with) and they gave me a “ special” price of $55.00. Well, I live in the country and have 7 cats and three dog ( one chipped from rescue facility) so chipping them all isn’t going to happen.
Shoot me a message at We.chip.pets@gmail.com If your willing an able to do the injection your self after some easy training...I think I have a solution...

Erik

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

Erik - I just wanted to thank you and your wife for providing the low cost micro chipping service. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

WildBill wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:10 am I just wanted to thank you and your wife for providing the low cost micro chipping service. :tiphat:
:iagree: Thanks! I can't recall the percentage, but must lost dogs that don't have an ID collar or chip don't make it back home. Also, some registrars have life registrations available. I think I paid around $65 for a lifetime registration.

Chas.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:41 am
WildBill wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:10 am I just wanted to thank you and your wife for providing the low cost micro chipping service. :tiphat:
:iagree: Thanks! I can't recall the percentage, but must lost dogs that don't have an ID collar or chip don't make it back home. Also, some registrars have life registrations available. I think I paid around $65 for a lifetime registration.

Chas.
All registers I know of currently register for life of the dog/chip.

The difference are if they charge for pet profile update or transfer. The company we use ID tag, does not..Its a one time fee, and you can update or transfer to new owner for free, for life.

Some like 24 Petwatch.. your enrollment fee at time of implantation, gets you registered and a member account opened. You can update or transfer your account to new owner for one year, after one year the registered profile is frozen in time... the data is there for folks like me to find and use..but it is what ever it was last update..
If 4 years down the road you get a new phone and address, you will have to pay for another year of "membership" then you can update the pets profile.

If anyone has any questions on their pets chip number, company registered through contact for those company please fell free to reach out.
I deal with this stuff most every day.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

WildBill wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:10 am Erik - I just wanted to thank you and your wife for providing the low cost micro chipping service. :tiphat:
Thank you :tiphat:

We do it, because, we would want someone to do it for us.

I was hooked, from the very first time I scanned a lost pup, found a chip, called the registration company got owner contact info and called the owner to say.."Are you missing a dog? Yes? OK she is safe, with me and the finder, lets get her home"

I drive a diesel eating truck thousands of miles a year just doing chipping and scanning, more thousands doing transports. We spent $1600 on two scanners, fronted $1000 for chips we sell at cost, spent countless hours on a computer and phone hunting down pet owners, pay for search services, DMV checks so I can find folks. Sat for hours in the sun to gain a lost pups trust so we could rescue, crossed busy roads and highways so I can scan a deceased animal , hoping it has a chip, updated ed info, dreading making the call to an owner...knowing Id want that call over not knowing..

And its worth it every time I get to make that call again. Chips work...

Of note MANY places that implant microchips, Vets, rescues Animal control facilities and others DO NOT REGISTER THE CHIP FOR YOU... Likely they told you that but you did not understand, did not hear, or did but just ready to pay the bill and be home.

We get hundreds of chip scans a year where we find a chip, but it was never registered. PLEASE make sure your chip has been registered and the contact info is updated. Many times I can still find an owner, nut know, registration company, vets, shelters will not make that effort. They will call the phone number listed and if it is out of date, that is it, or at best they will send a letter to the resisted address.
Your fur kids ability to get home rests on a chip properly implanted, the pet parent doing the proper thing after implantation, from keeping the pet calm for 24 hours after chipping, to having the chip checked yearly all the way to accurate and complete contact info on the pet registered profile.

That is passion and concern coming though, please..Not lecture.

Thanks

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

E.Marquez wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:49 am
Same here. Phone numbers and a message to let anyone finding them know...they are chipped. We have a couple of Dachshunds that are just like a child to us.
Attachments
chipped1.jpg
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

03Lightningrocks

flintknapper wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:56 pm
E.Marquez wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:49 am
Same here. Phone numbers and a message to let anyone finding them know...they are chipped. We have a couple of Dachshunds that are just like a child to us.
I have a big ole 135 pound wimp for a dog. He is chipped but his collar also has my cell number. He has gotten out three times and all three they called my cell phone. He runs up to total strangers and acts like they are his best bud. He is like one of my kids as well.

Return to “Animal Rescue”