5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 6

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by E.Marquez »

Besides well wishes for the line and file LEO's that were hurt in this raid gone bad..
A prevailing thought continues to rattle around my head.. This no knock raid was justified based on a tip from a neighbor (we will ignore for now, that no neighbor interviewed has made a statement against the couple) and a CI, typically a person caught in an criminal act, and is trading freedom or reduced charges for "information" or a person simply being paid for information.

Those two persons statements alone, no police observation of a crime, no financial forensics indicating criminal activity.....just the word of two civilians one of which is greatly motivated to say anything the cops want to hear..the other, well who knows, we dont know if that person even exists never mind the motivation to make the claim.

So going on from there... how safe am I from this same incident happening tonight?

What could a neighbor say to the police anonymously about me to justify a no knock warrant?

Well taken out of context a lot.

"He is always got a gun on him"
Yes we call that lawfully carrying a weapon here in Texas.
"I saw him take a big black rifle into his truck and rush down his driveway "
Yep I was late for meeting my son and wife at the range
"I peeked over the fence, and saw a big gun in a holster in his garage"
Yup, and that cheap Taurus .357 is filed with snake shot, cuz.....I live in the country on 8 acres and we get snakes
"There are always people from outside the neighborhood coming over and they only stay a little while"
Yes, true, there are called customers ..did the caller mention they came with a motorcycle and left without one? Or came without one and left with one?
"HE has guard dogs and a electrified fence to keep people out"
LOL, that one is kind of true. The 4ft fence and hot wire is more about keeping the dogs in, but the dogs in are there to keep unwelcome people out.
" He was torturing an animal the other day, shooting it for no reason"
Well no, I humanly killed a wounded raccoon that tangled with my dogs in the barn
"His house has security lights and cameras like some drug lord"
Not really, I have a few motion sensor activated lights..and the cameras are actually to watch the dogs when Im not home and they are. ..But they both double to spot thieves.

Add some or all of that to a warrant request along with a CI looking to knock down a possession with intent to distribute charge making a claim ..."What about that house and guy detective? Is he a dealer? oh ah ya, I think I have seen him doing deals with that big guy in tow you just busted with a meth lab..ya, ya I have for sure"

They come no knocking at 3AM and I have to test out the wall armor installed a few years ago......and yes likely folks are going to get hurt or dead before I figure out what is going on.
As I dont sell drugs, have no warrants, so at 3AM when the dogs alert and the front and rear doors are breached..... my mind will not go..yikes its the cops.....so I will defend my self and wife and dogs to the best of my ability....I'll feel terrible about it later for the cops hurt as it was not likely them that messed up.....
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

"The officer told the informant "narcotics were being bought and stored" at 7815 Harding St."

https://www.click2houston.com/news/hero ... ant-claims
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I thought the same things. The home owner and his wife probably thought it was a home invasion situation. That is what I would think. Personally, I think no knock warrants are another fine example of government over reach.

jason812
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jason812 »

E.Marquez wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:36 pm "The officer told the informant "narcotics were being bought and stored" at 7815 Harding St."

https://www.click2houston.com/news/hero ... ant-claims
Read this article...
WildBill wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:27 pm Some updates. This story talks a little more about the first police response at the house on Harding that took place a week prior to the raid. Hopefully more information will be released.

https://www-houstonchronicle-com.cdn.am ... 378861.php
The raid only turned up small, user-level amounts of cocaine and marijuana and in the days that followed, an internal investigation sparked questions about the alleged buy used to justify the raid. Police quickly realized they couldn't find the informant who Goines said bought the drugs.

When questioned about it, Goines eventually admitted there wasn’t one, according to prosecutors. Instead, the veteran officer allegedly said he made the buy himself before conceding that he couldn’t confirm Tuttle was the same man he’d bought the drugs from.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

jason812 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:47 pm
The raid only turned up small, user-level amounts of cocaine and marijuana and in the days that followed, an internal investigation sparked questions about the alleged buy used to justify the raid. Police quickly realized they couldn't find the informant who Goines said bought the drugs.

When questioned about it, Goines eventually admitted there wasn’t one, according to prosecutors. Instead, the veteran officer allegedly said he made the buy himself before conceding that he couldn’t confirm Tuttle was the same man he’d bought the drugs from.
Uggg, if that is accurate, things go from bad to worse.

As this was a "legal" action (vice robbing a bank) can a officer who was the proximate cause of the deaths as well as involved in the action be charged with those deaths like bank robber 2 and bank robber 3 in the get away vehicle even though it was bank robber 1 that shot and killed the hostage?

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

E.Marquez wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:52 pm Uggg, if that is accurate, things go from bad to worse.

As this was a "legal" action (vice robbing a bank) can a officer who was the proximate cause of the deaths as well as involved in the action be charged with those deaths like bank robber 2 and bank robber 3 in the get away vehicle even though it was bank robber 1 that shot and killed the hostage?
Well I guess so
Former Houston Police Department narcotics officer Gerald Goines leaves the courtroom after appearing to Harris County Judge Frank Aguilar on Monday, Aug. 26, 2019, in Houston. Goines was is charged with felony murder in deaths of Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas Steve in a botched drug raid in Januray.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:20 pm Police officers enjoy Fifth Amendment privileges as do all Americans.

Chas.
Yes, but can be administratively terminated for using that right as I understand it. Yes?

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

We still know very little.

The newspaper keeps reporting the lies we already know are lies.

Do we really think I’m not going to remember any of this when I get to the voting booth?

Tell us what you know. Be truthful, now.

We heard all the lies you told us earlier, if there is new information Art and Silvester, tell us.

You now look as dirty as the two police officers who are charged for murder and lying.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-ex-housto ... 22488.html

Lawyer defends his client. Only doing his job.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... treet-raid

Union doesn't think so, cuts its losses.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:37 pm https://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-ex-housto ... 22488.html

Lawyer defends his client. Only doing his job.
I bet you 10:1, the lawyer would withdrew from presenting,
1 bet you 100:1 , the case would not go to trial and he would plea guilty for 20 to life in prison.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... able-cause

Goines did not fire the fatal shots that killed the two homeowners. Art doubles down. Going to trial. Not going to accept a plea.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

First time that I have read this
Goines became involved in the case regarding the Harding Street home shortly after receiving a tip from a fellow officer, who got the tip from her girlfriend, according to prosecutors.
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... 388471.php
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:59 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... able-cause

Goines did not fire the fatal shots that killed the two homeowners. Art doubles down. Going to trial. Not going to accept a plea.
To quote a famous guy, "He doth protest too much!"

The "tip" Goines got
from a fellow officer, who got the tip from her girlfriend
is key I believe and I hope that it's investigated to the fullest extent. including that officer's and the officer's girlfriend's motive for providing the "tip". I really hope all the truth comes out in this retaliatory raid on this couple that led, per the DA to their murders.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DynamicDan »

Well, his lies led to their death, so he should be guilty of at least manslaughter.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”