Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) Reveals That He Was Plotting Gun Control Before He Was Elected to Congress

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) Reveals That He Was Plotting Gun Control Before He Was Elected to Congress

Post by Grayling813 »

Dan Crenshaw Reveals That He Was Plotting Gun Control Before He Was Elected to Congress
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dan-crens ... -congress/
Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) has revealed a bombshell, perhaps accidentally, that he supported red flag gun control since before he started his run for Congress, showing that he lied on the campaign trail about his firm support of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

“I’ve been thinking seriously about this policy for years. It was not something I recently heard of. The NRA supported well-crafted GVRO,” Crenshaw told Kaitlin Bennett of Liberty Hangout, referring to a gun violence restraining order that would allow a judge to order the seizure of firearms from an individual deemed a public safety risk.

Crenshaw has gone further than supporting GVROs. He publicly endorsed pre-crime legislation such as red flag laws and The Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety (TAPS) Act following mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton earlier this month.
You can no longer assume a former military officer actually supports and defends the Constitution of the United States. Rep. Crenshaw, you fooled Texans once...let's see what happens next election you face.

crazy2medic

Re: Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) Reveals That He Was Plotting Gun Control Before He Was Elected to Congress

Post by crazy2medic »

I hope the Texains of his district hang this around his neck like an albatross!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

TreyHouston

Re: Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) Reveals That He Was Plotting Gun Control Before He Was Elected to Congress

Post by TreyHouston »

It’s really tough to believe anything that is reported anymore. Unless it is in writing or a video of him saying it, I write it off as hearsay.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 am... You can no longer assume a former military officer actually supports and defends the Constitution of the United States. ...
Or police off... erm, law enforcers.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

He stated similar on Instagram so I believe it.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

He is John McCain reincarnated. He should stop being a burden to the taxpayer.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

flechero

Post by flechero »

You can no longer assume a former military officer actually supports and defends the Constitution of the United States. Rep. Crenshaw, you fooled Texans once...let's see what happens next election you face.
Sadly when it comes to civilian carry, that doesn't surprise me much. However, the [current and former] enlisted guys I know are all in! :fire

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 am Dan Crenshaw Reveals That He Was Plotting Gun Control Before He Was Elected to Congress
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dan-crens ... -congress/
Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) has revealed a bombshell, perhaps accidentally, that he supported red flag gun control since before he started his run for Congress, showing that he lied on the campaign trail about his firm support of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

“I’ve been thinking seriously about this policy for years. It was not something I recently heard of. The NRA supported well-crafted GVRO,” Crenshaw told Kaitlin Bennett of Liberty Hangout, referring to a gun violence restraining order that would allow a judge to order the seizure of firearms from an individual deemed a public safety risk.

Crenshaw has gone further than supporting GVROs. He publicly endorsed pre-crime legislation such as red flag laws and The Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety (TAPS) Act following mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton earlier this month.
Being a former military officer, I had come to this conclusion before my service was even complete, based on interaction with my fellow officers. However, I still believe that the large majority do.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Is he just a lowlife double-oathbreaker who can't be trusted, or has he crossed the line into Domestic Enemy territory?

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”