Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Beto: Mandatory Gun Buybacks if Elected President

Post by crazy2medic »

striker55 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:20 pm I guess he thinks being president makes him king!
Apparently he missed the part of history class where a King tried to take America's guns!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

It would be interesting to see what form the gun buyback takes. I'm more worried about today's news which includes the banning of magazines. Biden was talking about ANY magazine. Regarding rifles, would that include parts and go so far as 80% lowers?

All of the Democratic Presidential candidates are trying to dig around in the pile of horse manure that they call a party platform for a pony to ride. I dismiss them all offhand and on all subjects. It is the supposedly Republican and Conservative people that scare me. They seem to have little to no intestinal fortitude about anything they said that they believed in to get elected but suddenly come up with backbone at defending junk like this.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

joe817

Post by joe817 »

It's just all empty rhetoric to seduce his kool aid drinking, mindless followers to vote for him.

Neither him nor his ridiculous campaign pledges are going anywhere. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

troglodyte wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:32 pm I just did some really quick and dirty research and math.

Between 2000-2914 5.7 million ARs were sold. At $500 each each that would be 3 trillion dollars.
Well, he did not say how much he would pay did he.

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

eyedoc wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:31 pm
troglodyte wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:32 pm I just did some really quick and dirty research and math.

Between 2000-2914 5.7 million ARs were sold. At $500 each each that would be 3 trillion dollars.
I'd imagine that since they would all eventually be ground up and no 'legal' market to sell them as functioning firearms, he would say fair market price for scrap aluminum & steel. So maybe $0.30 for the upper/lower and $0.10 for the steel barrel. So he'd only need a few million USD for his buyback.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:08 pm It would be interesting to see what form the gun buyback takes. I'm more worried about today's news which includes the banning of magazines. Biden was talking about ANY magazine. Regarding rifles, would that include parts and go so far as 80% lowers?

All of the Democratic Presidential candidates are trying to dig around in the pile of horse manure that they call a party platform for a pony to ride. I dismiss them all offhand and on all subjects. It is the supposedly Republican and Conservative people that scare me. They seem to have little to no intestinal fortitude about anything they said that they believed in to get elected but suddenly come up with backbone at defending junk like this.
They’d make it a $500 tax deduction for each gun ..... and then raise your taxes to offset the "loss". There would be no actual "payout". In other words, they’re going to TAKE your guns (they think), AND raise your taxes. And without your guns, you’ll no longer have the ability to back up your "H*** NO!" with a "leave or die".
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

“Participating in a gun buyback program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.”

– Clint Eastwood

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:00 pm “Participating in a gun buyback program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.”

– Clint Eastwood
dead on.

but for argument sake...it would take ATF most likely 5 years to even begin to figure who has what. it would be like prohibition all over again. so most would simply "hide" what they have and wait for the next round of elections or what not. imagine the HUGE new branch of ATF just to retrieve said weapons. we all know the FBI would be incompetent.

we would demand they round up illegal owners of weapons first....but how you ask...exactly they could not.
shamefully the poor guy that gets broken into and dispatches the bad guy would be in prison for failing to turn in his firearm

cross bow sales will skyrocket :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 2

Post by troglodyte »

Iunnrais wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:36 pm
eyedoc wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:31 pm

I'd imagine that since they would all eventually be ground up and no 'legal' market to sell them as functioning firearms, he would say fair market price for scrap aluminum & steel. So maybe $0.30 for the upper/lower and $0.10 for the steel barrel. So he'd only need a few million USD for his buyback.
Maybe not ground up. Maybe sold to other countries, via Fast and Furious. They would pay pennies on the dollar while making a killing on the black market.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

justplanechris

Post by justplanechris »

joe817 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm It's just all empty rhetoric to seduce his kool aid drinking, mindless followers to vote for him.

Don't be so quick to assume that voters won't fall for empty rhetoric and ridiculous campaign pledges. Remember "Mexico will pay for the wall?" :???:

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

justplanechris wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:02 pm
joe817 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm It's just all empty rhetoric to seduce his kool aid drinking, mindless followers to vote for him.

Don't be so quick to assume that voters won't fall for empty rhetoric and ridiculous campaign pledges. Remember "Mexico will pay for the wall?" :???:
Touché. Very good point. I wonder who all on the forum fell for this and is still believing it...

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Killadocg23 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm
justplanechris wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Touché. Very good point. I wonder who all on the forum fell for this and is still believing it...
I do wonder where El Chapo’s money went...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

cirus

Post by cirus »

I came into this world free and I'll go out the same way. :fire

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Newsweek: Beto is still polling in bottom tier of candidates
in a three way tie for 9th place...
has steadily declined since announcing his candidacy
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”