W.O.W. Classic

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

W.O.W. Classic

Post by philip964 »

I don’t play this. But I know older mellinials who do.

There is a group of players that call themselves Boomerwaffen.

They make lots of jokes about how helpless snowflakes the younger mellinials are.

When I heard how popular the new rerelease was I bought a little Activision/ Blizzard. It’s up 10% in two weeks.

W.O.W. = World of Warcraft = multiplayer internet video game.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: W.O.W. Classic

Post by parabelum »

Ok...?

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am definitely getting old. I have no idea what philip964 just said. I hit translate but nothing.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

That game rocks. Is it like the original?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

TreyHouston wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 pm That game rocks. Is it like the original?
Never played the game, this is all second hand.

The original game was difficult and complicated.
There were 4 extensions to the game each on a little easier than the last to help young millennials make it through. The 4 th was lousy and most everyone stopped playing.

So I asked if this new one is better more improved. I was told no it was the original first version difficult and complicated. But different? No just the original. I asked well why play it. It was then explained, imagine you saw the original Star Wars and then couldn’t see it again. Then Empire Strikes back came out. It’s great, but you missed seeing the original. Then you saw the third, it’s great. Then episode one comes out, it’s only ok, but you really missed not seeing the first one.

This is apparently like that.

This is apparently like time travel and you are 14 years younger, seeing and playing the original again.

Apparently costs 12 dollars a month for the privilege.

A lot of complaining from young mellinials “ it’s so hard”.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 pm I am definitely getting old. I have no idea what philip964 just said. I hit translate but nothing.
:iagree:
TreyHouston wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 pm That game rocks. Is it like the original?
They play it with rocks? :smilelol5:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

03Lightningrocks

RPBrown wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:59 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 pm I am definitely getting old. I have no idea what philip964 just said. I hit translate but nothing.
Oh... OK... I have played that game before. We would hit them with sticks. :mrgreen:

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:04 am
Oh... OK... I have played that game before. We would hit them with sticks. :mrgreen:
Sticks, that reminds me of my childhood when children could be spanked without any repercussions. Switches were always fun on the back, altho the cattle rope did hurt a little worse but it got the point across. I learned my lesson, maybe that's what's wrong with the youth no discipline?
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

narcissist wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:35 am
Sticks, that reminds me of my childhood when children could be spanked without any repercussions. Switches were always fun on the back, altho the cattle rope did hurt a little worse but it got the point across. I learned my lesson, maybe that's what's wrong with the youth no discipline?
Hehehe. Yep remember rope... but we played tag with hotshots. So we were a bit "tougher" than today's generation.

For those of you who didnt grow up on a farm or ranch a hot shot is a cattle prod on steriods!

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Syntyr wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 am
Hehehe. Yep remember rope... but we played tag with hotshots. So we were a bit "tougher" than today's generation.

For those of you who didnt grow up on a farm or ranch a hot shot is a cattle prod on steriods!

we had more sense than to play tag with hot shots
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

OldCurlyWolf wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:58 am

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
One of my first jobs as a kid (14) was mucking stalls at the 4-6's ranch in NW Texas. One of the fist things I was told/shown was don't get tagged by a hot shot. I still have memories of that initiation to the ranch life :shock:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

03Lightningrocks

RPBrown wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
One of my first jobs as a kid (14) was mucking stalls at the 4-6's ranch in NW Texas. One of the fist things I was told/shown was don't get tagged by a hot shot. I still have memories of that initiation to the ranch life :shock:
We use to have BB gun wars. Nobody had high velocity BB guns so nobody got killed. We would wear two t-shirts so it wouldn't hurt as much. Darn things still left welts.Some kids would play lawn dart chicken. That had more risks associated with it.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:39 pm
RPBrown wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
We use to have BB gun wars. Nobody had high velocity BB guns so nobody got killed. We would wear two t-shirts so it wouldn't hurt as much. Darn things still left welts.Some kids would play lawn dart chicken. That had more risks associated with it.
We used to have bottle rocket wars, too. :mrgreen:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

03Lightningrocks

Haha... I forgot about those. Roman candles made great weapons as well. I miss the good old days.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”