Collapsible Baton-Legal to Carry in Texas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Collapsible Baton-Legal to Carry in Texas

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

b4aftr wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:48 pm Yeah, I picked up a monadnock used to try it out. Better than having nothing in certain scenarios.
My only previous definition for "monadnock" was Mount Monadnock in southern New Hampshire.
A monadnock is a prominent hill sitting above a plain, and its granite resisted it being ground down by glacial till, so it stands by itself without hills nearby.

In this case,Monadnock is the maker of a police baton known as model PR-24. The joke is that the PR stands for "Public Relations", and it's 24" long.

Tonight at Academy, I looked over a Smith and Wesson collapsible baton, 16" when fully extended. It comes with a belt holster which will hold it fully retracted. The price was $39.99 and they had several in stock.

https://www.asp-usa.com/collections/batons

The link above allows you to shop for higher end batons, which are priced 3x to 4x the price of the Smith and Wesson. I expect that they must be quite stong, in order to justify their higher price.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 pm
b4aftr wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:48 pm Yeah, I picked up a monadnock used to try it out. Better than having nothing in certain scenarios.
My only previous definition for "monadnock" was Mount Monadnock in southern New Hampshire.
A monadnock is a prominent hill sitting above a plain, and its granite resisted it being ground down by glacial till, so it stands by itself without hills nearby.

In this case,Monadnock is the maker of a police baton known as model PR-24. The joke is that the PR stands for "Public Relations", and it's 24" long.

Tonight at Academy, I looked over a Smith and Wesson collapsible baton, 16" when fully extended. It comes with a belt holster which will hold it fully retracted. The price was $39.99 and they had several in stock.

The link above allows you to shop for higher end batons, which are priced 3x to 4x the price of the Smith and Wesson. I expect that they must be quite stong, in order to justify their higher price.

SIA
I actually picked up the 21" S&W tonight on my way home from a meeting. I'll bring it with me to breakfast on saturday so you can check it out.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Where did you pick up a 21" S & W? Bricks and mortar, or over the web?

Price, I'm guessing, was about $49.99?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:36 pm Where did you pick up a 21" S & W? Bricks and mortar, or over the web?

Price, I'm guessing, was about $49.99?

SIA
39.99 at Academy. It was the last one in the Plano store on 75.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 pm

SIA
Yeah I actually have the auto lock collapsible version.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”