I'm Ashamed.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
narcissist
Posts in topic: 4

Re: I'm not Ashamed, but long for another option

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:54 am
flechero wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:39 am
Liberty wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:26 am We have to eat and the pickings are getting slim.
This is where I am... We live in a small town so options for some things apart from walmart don't exist... So we'll only buy what we have to there- I'm not going to penalize my family for their stance. We'll spend 2-3k less per year there now... and that will have to be enough.
The really sad part is that walmart created this situation by running all the mom and pop small retailers out of business with predatory pricing. First they put you in this position. Now you are stuck with them no matter how they want to do business. They pack their stores with goods imported from countries that use cheap labor, thus shifting jobs out of America in addition to running mom and pop out of business. I can think of many reasons to not shop at walmart. Coming out against the 2nd amendment is just one of them. We have all been duped by the lure of buying cheap products. We should have denied them business 30 years ago. It is too late now. They own us all.
Very true!
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Post by anygunanywhere »

go in alone. We don’t have many options here besides groceries. Have a small HEB. I buy ammo online. Meds at Wally World. Like others have said I won’t let my wife
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

We are all stuck with them. Around here, even in big old Plano with all the people, we have very limited grocery store options. All of which are anti 2nd amendment to some extent. I am not sure how much of it is the beliefs of the BOD for these places and how much is just posturing to appease the political climate at the moment. Unfortunately the reality is that we gun owners are on our heels right now. It has been a long time since I remember having such bad press from the anti crowd pounding on us. Mass shootings are making it very difficult.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Until I start seeing a bevy of 30.06 signs going up, I'm going to continue my usual practice of OC where legal. These businesses have the same right to conduct their business as they see fit just as we do to exercise our mode of CHL carry where legal.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I know that in prior topics it was said that we have effectively been given oral notice about OC at Walmart. However, nothing was stated about Sams Club. I went to the local ((to me) Samss yesterday, saw no signs so I OC’d and not a word was said to me about it
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

03Lightningrocks

Oldgringo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:59 am Until I start seeing a bevy of 30.06 signs going up, I'm going to continue my usual practice of OC where legal. These businesses have the same right to conduct their business as they see fit just as we do to exercise our mode of CHL carry where legal.
I don't think their right to forbid open carry was in question on this thread. Obviously, we all have the right to refuse to do business, or not do business, with places for any reason we see fit. Personally, I don't see a whole lot of other options considering most grocery stores are now saying no open carry. For the record, I never open carried anyway but again see that as everyone's right to choose.

03Lightningrocks

RPBrown wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 am I know that in prior topics it was said that we have effectively been given oral notice about OC at Walmart. However, nothing was stated about Sams Club. I went to the local ((to me) Samss yesterday, saw no signs so I OC’d and not a word was said to me about it
Interesting. It makes me wonder if Walmart's have yet to make it official in their Walmart stores. Maybe the crap people have caught so far was more of a managerial decision at the local level.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RicoTX »

I always tell people that Walmart could not have put mom and pop shops out of business without people shopping there instead of the mom and pop businesses. Walmart didn't do it, we all did!
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

03Lightningrocks

RicoTX wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:14 am I always tell people that Walmart could not have put mom and pop shops out of business without people shopping there instead of the mom and pop businesses. Walmart didn't do it, we all did!
Yep... that is what I was saying too.
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:54 am SNIP....... We have all been duped by the lure of buying cheap products. We should have denied them business 30 years ago. It is too late now. They own us all.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

narcissist wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm Yesterday my wife needed baby stuff and we were right by ( WALMART ).

Noooo, I said but wifey was insistent on going, I explained there's a baby boutique about 60 miles away we could go to instead but she just laughed, most people would to I guess?

I stayed in the Vehicle and wouldn't go in at least but my hard earned money was wasted at a 2a, Gun, Freedom Hating Establishment.

Please forgive me, lol. Has anyone else spent money there or am I the only idiot so far?
So you sent your wife into Walmart, filled with felons and VCAs on any given day, alone while you protested their decision to stop selling ammunition? I would be ashamed too ... and divorced.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

RicoTX wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:14 am I always tell people that Walmart could not have put mom and pop shops out of business without people shopping there instead of the mom and pop businesses. Walmart didn't do it, we all did!
Not to mention that the reason that people shop at wal mart and target and big box stores is that "mom and pop were gouging you so they could live in the biggest house in town". If we're going to go with cliches, lets get them all out on the table. Home Depot and Lowes have better prices, a way bigger selection, way more buying power with large producers, etc. Until we all go back to buying our lumber at Paw Walton's saw mill and groceries at the single town "general store", we're all blowing smoke. Is it really bad to buy your toilet paper at the lowest price at WalMart vs. the local street vendor or "tienda" at a 50% markup? Sorry I'm going to Target (which by the way has said nothing about carry in their stores AFAIK).

And on a side note, I am an (partial) owner of WalMart (i.e. shareholder). I want all of you to carry in WalMart stores in accordance with state law. I don't care what my weak kneed leftist CEO says. Carry away. In the great 180+ year Texas tradition of respect for private property owner's rights, you should listen to me, an owner, when I tell you to carry. Until my fellow owners make their wishes known through a shareholder resolution or vote at the annual meeting, you have my guidance. :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:56 am
If you think that Walmart is anti 2A because they don't sell guns then you must think the same about Staples, Chick-Fil-A, and HEB. Weird flex but ok.
Yeah, I was thinking weird too but not about narcissist's post. Apples meet oranges.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

RPBrown wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 am I know that in prior topics it was said that we have effectively been given oral notice about OC at Walmart. However, nothing was stated about Sams Club. I went to the local ((to me) Samss yesterday, saw no signs so I OC’d and not a word was said to me about it
I disagree about the oral notice. There is nothing in law that suggests such blanket statements can be used as oral notice. If they could, a whole lot more license holders would be facing charges right now. The text of the law does not support this, nor does its application so far provide precedent for it.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Good prices I still shop there, just pull my t-shirt out and cover my gun. No big deal for me.

Return to “Off-Topic”