5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by Grayling813 »

Wonder what Houston Police Officers' Union President Joe Gamaldi has to say these days? Not offering any apologies for his statements I’m sure.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

DynamicDan wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:18 pm Well, his lies led to their death, so he should be guilty of at least manslaughter.
You could make the argument that this was potentially no different than "swatting" if it is proven there was no true probable cause.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Ameer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ameer »

HPD's initial whitewash of murder under color of law is an example why no moral person supports red flag laws.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Post by puma guy »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:12 pm
DynamicDan wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:18 pm Well, his lies led to their death, so he should be guilty of at least manslaughter.
You could make the argument that this was potentially no different than "swatting" if it is proven there was no true probable cause.
If what I was told proves to be true it's far more sickening than anyone realizes.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

A much better picture of Dennis Tuttle and his wife Rhogena Nicholas, the couple killed in the Harding Street raid.
It is much more flattering picture that the press is using since the two former HPD officers were indicted.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... o-18168120
NRA Endowment Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

WildBill wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:37 pm Image

A much better picture of Dennis Tuttle and his wife Rhogena Nicholas, the couple killed in the Harding Street raid.
It is much more flattering picture that the press is using since the two former HPD officers were indicted.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... o-18168120
With the blue backgrounds I’d say the police photos come from their drivers licenses.

The new photo certainly looks more like they probably looked like without a Trayvon deception.

I would still like to hear who shot who. Will we ever know if it was all friendly fire? Or if the husband even had gun powder residue on his hands?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:46 pm I would still like to hear who shot who. Will we ever know if it was all friendly fire? Or if the husband even had gun powder residue on his hands?
I read some information about the forensic team hired by the attorney Michael Doyle. He hired some retired NCIS investigators to do a forensic analysis
at the house. They have evidence that the shots that killed Rhogena Nicholas came from outside of the house and went through the exterior wall and killed her.
This information debunks the story about her being shot while trying to disarm a wounded officer.

There were also some shots fired inside the house by HPD officers that were fired into the stove and walls. I also saw some info about powder residue,
but I think the report said it was not conclusive. I would also like to know if they actually recovered a .357 Magnum and how many shots were fired. I
find it hard to believe that four people were shot with a 5 or 6 shot revolver.

I really don't think that the criminal trial, if there is one will clear up much, but the civil case, if it goes to trial will reveal more about what actually happened.
The HPD forensics, IMO was very sloppy work. But, in order to get a felony murder conviction, they will not have to prove who actually fired the fatal shots.

I never saw anything from the autopsy reports that said anything about the caliber bullets that killed the victims. I haven't read anything about the bullets that wounded the officers either.
NRA Endowment Member

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DynamicDan »

Yep, we to know for sure what guns shot the cops.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Some information that I had not seen. There are not a whole lot of details, but some interesting information.
July 30, 2019 A botched drug raid led to a wave of leaks. Cops peeking at internal records then found themselves under investigation.

Amid a wave of workplace rumors and leaks to the media over a bungled no-knock drug raid in January, the Houston Police Department
launched an internal probe into dozens of officers for looking up personal information of a narcotics supervisor and another officer
linked to the operation.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 267638.php
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 am Some information that I had not seen. There are not a whole lot of details, but some interesting information.
July 30, 2019 A botched drug raid led to a wave of leaks. Cops peeking at internal records then found themselves under investigation.

Amid a wave of workplace rumors and leaks to the media over a bungled no-knock drug raid in January, the Houston Police Department
launched an internal probe into dozens of officers for looking up personal information of a narcotics supervisor and another officer
linked to the operation.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 267638.php
WB, The dike is starting to get holes poked in it! :lol: Art is making sure to punish any who dare to drill the holes. He can't stop reporters though and I hope they keep digging.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Post by C-dub »

If this gets to trial for any of them I predict several people will have poor recollection of names or whereabouts of possible informants such as the friend or girlfriend.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

tbrown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tbrown »

Soon we'll find out which HPD employees are opposed to planting evidence and committing murder, and which are willing to go along with the cover up by refusing to testify.

I'm especially interested to see if Art Acevedo will testify and admit he was part of a long running conspiracy to plant evidence, or if he's an unrepentant felon.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

Many will invoke their 5thA unless granted immunity.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

This case should be tried by the Feds as it involves civil rights violations and depriving of life by LEOs.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:14 pm This case should be tried by the Feds as it involves civil rights violations and depriving of life by LEOs.
I am sure that there will be some federal charges, but I don't see that happening until after the
state criminal trial[s].
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”