Reading Comprehension

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Reading Comprehension

Post by Tex1961 »

Just a little Monday morning ranting....

I've buy and sell quite a bit on TGT and Armslist... Right now I have an add up for 4 guns..

A few lines from my add...

----------------
I've set the prices low For immediate sale, PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF I CAN GO LOWER. If your interested in multiple purchases I may be willing to negotiate a better price.

Willing to meet in the North Dallas Area (Plano, Fricso, McKinney, etc. etc.) Can meet during the day.

By responding to this ad, you are certifiying that you are legal to purchase a handgun in the state of Texas. LTC prefered if not then Bill of sale with legal ID is required. Minimum age I will sell to is 21.

--------------------

In 24 hours of posting the ad...
Can you give me 1 free if I buy the other 3
I found a new one for the same price (not the same model)
I'm 18 will you still sell to me
I don't have an id but you can trust me.
How much lower can you go on xxx gun...

PEOPLE..... READ....THE.... AD

I get that the guns I am listing are not $800.00 guns, so I'm not going to attract the serious collector, but still..... When I first started to use online platforms to buy and sell, I was somewhat taken aback by some of the sellers language... Now I get why.....

Ok... I'm done... Just needed to rant for a minute

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reading Comprehension

Post by Beiruty »

Sell on Gunbroker. 0 issues.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Beiruty wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:36 am Sell on Gunbroker. 0 issues.
I've thought about that, but I'm a bit reserved about going through the hassle of shipping and such... Or can you request local pickup only?

mcscanner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mcscanner »

Mike,

I'm not sure it about reading comprehension, but maybe...

First indication of question outside your criteria, "Plunk" to the round file so fast it makes heads spin. :totap:

Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

mcscanner wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 am Mike,

First indication of question outside your criteria, "Plunk" to the round file so fast it makes heads spin. :totap:

Mike
Umm... I have absolutely no idea what you just said.... Sounds like Step 3 on the Chinglish assembly instructions for a BBQ Grill...

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Surely the response was a stupid joke. His request defies every stipulation you posted.
Charlie

mcscanner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mcscanner »

Tex1961 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:22 am
mcscanner wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 am Mike,

Mike
Umm... I have absolutely no idea what you just said.... Sounds like Step 3 on the Chinglish assembly instructions for a BBQ Grill...
To clarify… Questions asked outside of your criteria may have nothing to do with 'reading comprehension' and maybe along the line of the other person testing to see how rigid you are on your criteria. The first indication the questioner steps outside of your criteria, hit delete.

Plunk = the sound of trash hitting a trash can
round file = the "delete" key
head spin = what just happened

Does that help?
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I have sold several firearms on Gun Broker and have had at least one if not more email questions asking me to sell cheaper. I always listed with a minimum price so one would think that is pretty clear. I suppose I can't blame a person for trying to get a better deal. As for questions about age, ID or such, it is not an issue because they have to send me the FFL info for my FFL to ship to. No personal sells on Gun Broker takes much of the risk out of selling to the wrong person.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I wouldn't read TOO much into the questions from possible buyers. People will almost always try and haggle.

There's always exceptions. I often wonder how those people are able to get to the polls to vote straight ticket D on their own.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Not firearm related but it is reading comprehension related--I put and add for installers and helpers on 3 different sites. Asked for 3 year field experience for installer and 1 year field experience for the helper. I received 67 total responses and not a single one had any field experience. In fact, most had no classroom experience either.
I just think people don't take the time to read anything completely.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”