Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by TreyHouston »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:06 am :iagree: If they really cared about deaths they would stop the sale of alcohol at restaurants, etc...and then Robert Francis O’Rourke wouldn’t of had a DWI. Ted Kennedy wouldn’t have killed Mary Jo Kopechne and on and on we could go.
Without alcohol, 80% of the population wouldn’t exist! "rlol"
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rotor »

narcissist wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:12 am
TreyHouston wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:57 pm
rotor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 pm Today WalMart announced it will stop selling e-cigs (once current stock is gone). Sounds familiar. What next, alcohol or tobacco?
Well, as you have seen on TV, e-cigs have killed what? 100 people in the last few years...
Im not sure if you are in agreement with not selling of e-cigs" if so then you dont want to know the statistics on alcohol/tobacco products. Not trying to be disrespectful at all, just confused. If a person IMHO wants to drink/smoke its up to them they know the risks, as far as Guns they dont shoot anyone without Someone committing the act.
My point was only the hypocrisy of not selling after the current stock runs out. Until they sell their present stock out it will still be on the shelf. Same thing they did with guns and ammo.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

rotor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 pm Today WalMart announced it will stop selling e-cigs (once current stock is gone). Sounds familiar. What next, alcohol or tobacco?
Well, as you have seen on TV, e-cigs have killed what? 100 people in the last few years...
Im not sure if you are in agreement with not selling of e-cigs" if so then you dont want to know the statistics on alcohol/tobacco products. Not trying to be disrespectful at all, just confused. If a person IMHO wants to drink/smoke its up to them they know the risks, as far as Guns they dont shoot anyone without Someone committing the act.
I wish there was a sarcasm font! Teen smoking and adult smoking is down. Ecigs is a much better choice then smoking regular cigarettes. The teens vaping would be smoking if you took the vapes away. Watch.
2nd, the ones getting sick is because there is no regulation. Thats been a know issue in that market for what, ten years now? Smoking the THC OIL- not good to put oil in the lungs. It coats and traps bacteria in the lungs.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by crazy2medic »

TreyHouston wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:04 pm
I wish there was a sarcasm font! Teen smoking and adult smoking is down. Ecigs is a much better choice then smoking regular cigarettes. The teens vaping would be smoking if you took the vapes away. Watch.
2nd, the ones getting sick is because there is no regulation. Thats been a know issue in that market for what, ten years now? Smoking the THC OIL- not good to put oil in the lungs. It coats and traps bacteria in the lungs.
The bulk of those with significant lung damage is caused by vaping CBD and THC that is not intended to be vaped!
You can market rope as tow rope but somebody will hang themselves with it! You cannot fix stupid, why punish those that are using it as intended!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:34 pm
The bulk of those with significant lung damage is caused by vaping CBD and THC that is not intended to be vaped!
You can market rope as tow rope but somebody will hang themselves with it! You cannot fix stupid, why punish those that are using it as intended!
That and the other physical damage like popcorn lung.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Interesting conversation about popcorn lung and vaping. About the only common connection with firearms and ammo would be Walmarts decision not to sell something they see as harmful to the public. The very real difference to me is that in the decision to discontinue ammo/firearms sales, they have taken a stand against a constitutionally protected right. There is not constitutional right to smoke/vape or even drink alcohol.

My thinking on vaping is that it is relatively new and has not had the amount of time it typically takes to determine if it is extremely hazardous to ones health. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. One thing I have noticed. When they speak of teens being addicted to vape, they always leave the impression it has something to do with nicotine but one has to be 21 to purchase vape oil with nicotine in it. Knowing this, I can't help but wonder just exactly how vaping is addictive to teens, like cigarettes for example.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 17

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 pm Interesting conversation about popcorn lung and vaping. About the only common connection with firearms and ammo would be Walmarts decision not to sell something they see as harmful to the public. The very real difference to me is that in the decision to discontinue ammo/firearms sales, they have taken a stand against a constitutionally protected right. There is not constitutional right to smoke/vape or even drink alcohol.

My thinking on vaping is that it is relatively new and has not had the amount of time it typically takes to determine if it is extremely hazardous to ones health. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. One thing I have noticed. When they speak of teens being addicted to vape, they always leave the impression it has something to do with nicotine but one has to be 21 to purchase vape oil with nicotine in it. Knowing this, I can't help but wonder just exactly how vaping is addictive to teens, like cigarettes for example.
They lump all things together. It is like the huge opioid epidemic. They put heroine, illegal fentanyl, OxyContin, and other illegal drugs together. They want you to think the guy taking hydrocodone after surgery or the one who has oxycodone for chronic back pain after several surgeries are dope heads and are on deaths door. I understand the chance of becoming an addict, but there is a huge difference between someone who is dependent and those who are addicted for a high. There are some who can not walk do to pain, but the government restrictions will push those people to be heroine users because they can’t live with the pain rather than under a pain doctors care.

We are steadily creating bigger and bigger government so they can control us and intrude on our freedoms. If you want to vape then go vape. It is not hurting anyone, but yourself. Drinking and driving is hurting others. Not to difficult to figure out. The whole purpose of government is to protect my rights and protect you from me or me from you. Your rights end where mine begin.
We are loosing our freedoms under the heading of “safety.”
:confused5

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:34 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 pm Interesting conversation about popcorn lung and vaping. About the only common connection with firearms and ammo would be Walmarts decision not to sell something they see as harmful to the public. The very real difference to me is that in the decision to discontinue ammo/firearms sales, they have taken a stand against a constitutionally protected right. There is not constitutional right to smoke/vape or even drink alcohol.

They lump all things together. It is like the huge opioid epidemic. They put heroine, illegal fentanyl, OxyContin, and other illegal drugs together. They want you to think the guy taking hydrocodone after surgery or the one who has oxycodone for chronic back pain after several surgeries are dope heads and are on deaths door. I understand the chance of becoming an addict, but there is a huge difference between someone who is dependent and those who are addicted for a high. There are some who can not walk do to pain, but the government restrictions will push those people to be heroine users because they can’t live with the pain rather than under a pain doctors care.

We are steadily creating bigger and bigger government so they can control us and intrude on our freedoms. If you want to vape then go vape. It is not hurting anyone, but yourself. Drinking and driving is hurting others. Not to difficult to figure out. The whole purpose of government is to protect my rights and protect you from me or me from you. Your rights end where mine begin.
We are loosing our freedoms under the heading of “safety.”
:confused5

Funny you brought up the opiate thing. I don't know if you are aware of it but Walmart has also started to refuse to refill pain medications that contain narcotics. I have believed for years that the government created the heroin epidemic when they set upon a mission to eradicate the doctors ability to prescribe these medications as they and their patients see fit. Just like with gun control, government decided to punish all for the sins of the few. Rather than simply going after Doctors or patients who were abusing them, they make it impossible for all Doctors and patients.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by narcissist »

I completely understand what Trey/Rotor where meaning now, how i didnt comprhend it before is beyound me. My bad :confused5

As far as the CBD oil in Vapr form doesnt do anything but made myself sick a at gun show (your right ) where they have a booth offering free samples. All it did do was cause me not be able to breath, ended up having to leave then borrowing someone's albuterol inhailer. Still was sick for about 4 days, now the Real bud/plant im a supporter of Legalization of due to its True Medical Effects. Remember that movie Super Troopers "Littering and Littering and smoking the refer".
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks

I think the reason you won't see Walmart taking alcohol out of it's locations is money. Firearms/ammo sales and vape sales are minuscule compared to the revenue generated by alcohol products. Walmart is probably not sacrificing much revenue(comparatively) when they take firearms and ammo or vapes off the shelves.

Anyone with a lick of common sense knows Walmart does not give a darn about the well being of their customers. It is all about political posturing and the all mighty dollar.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:17 am I think the reason you won't see Walmart taking alcohol out of it's locations is money. Firearms/ammo sales and vape sales are minuscule compared to the revenue generated by alcohol products. Walmart is probably not sacrificing much revenue(comparatively) when they take firearms and ammo or vapes off the shelves.

Anyone with a lick of common sense knows Walmart does not give a darn about the well being of their customers. It is all about political posturing and the all mighty dollar.
Same reason they won't stop selling smokes.

Freakin hypocrites.

03Lightningrocks

PriestTheRunner wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:49 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:17 am I think the reason you won't see Walmart taking alcohol out of it's locations is money. Firearms/ammo sales and vape sales are minuscule compared to the revenue generated by alcohol products. Walmart is probably not sacrificing much revenue(comparatively) when they take firearms and ammo or vapes off the shelves.

Same reason they won't stop selling smokes.

Freakin hypocrites.
:iagree:

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by crazy2medic »

As I was open carrying my Para into Wal-Mart I noted a guy open carrying his glock out of Walmart, we nodded towards each other as we passed!
Walmart Pfffft!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

carlson1
Posts in topic: 17

Post by carlson1 »

I despise their policies, but if you guys just keep pushing the envelope after they have asked you not too we will see 30.06 and 30.07 signs. It will be the fault of those who think they are the exceptions.

rotor

Post by rotor »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:22 pm I despise their policies, but if you guys just keep pushing the envelope after they have asked you not too we will see 30.06 and 30.07 signs. It will be the fault of those who think they are the exceptions.
Seriously, If they want to keep open carriers out then let them post 07 and be done with it. If they want cc out let them 06 too. I would say your philosophy is the reverse answer to the solution. If everyone open carried then the public and WalMart would be used to it. I hardly ever open carry and I don't think many of us do. Perhaps I am wrong though and should routinely open carry and perhaps we all should. We can all live without WalMart. Their business model may go the way Sears did anyway. Angering your customer with no service doesn't lead to success. Wife had an Amazon delivery today on a post office truck...on a Sunday.... who else does this? Not a fan of Amazon otherwise but this guy started his business in a garage, like Jobs and Wozniak. Knows how to provide service.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”